How do you know when someone is hitting on you? | Page 10 | INFJ Forum

How do you know when someone is hitting on you?

It's hard to tell if someone is hitting on you unless they're really overt. These days I'd be careful to assume someone is flirting with me. Sometimes people flirt because it's fun and not because they have any kind of interest in you. I'm kind of guilty of this-- though to be fair, I rarely initiate that kind of thing....

Other people are usually the best judge because they pick up on the nonverbal clues that the person sends you when you're not looking.

The funniest way I've ever gotten hit on was back in college. I was sitting in the main lobby of the student center that also happened to be outside of the campus bar. It was the middle of the day, but for some reason, the bar was open and it was hosting some kind of event for a special group or something. This guy came running up the stairs and sailed right past me. He then stopped, looked at me in this exaggerated fashion, back tracked, sat down across from me and then started digging through his backpack. Then, a couple of seconds later, he abruptly got up and ran for the bar. A minute later, he ran out again, came right up to me and announced that he was late but said that he forgot something. I was really confused and I started looking around, thinking maybe he dropped something while he was digging in his bag, but I didn't see anything so I asked him what he forgot. He said, 'your name' and then winked.

If I wasn't dating my ex at the time, I would have totally gone on a date with him. The dude was cute and hilarious.

i have been accused of flirting but i don't even know how. i am naturally very sweet and caring person that others thought of it as me flirting -- same goes with when someone is sweet and caring towards me i take it as them being nice. most times guys just stopped talking to me, and when i bump into them or they check how i am, they'll say they were actually trying to flirt with me before but thought i dont like them so they avoided..but i am honestly clueless about it..

i once had a guy friend that i used to hang out with all the time, i thought it was just a friendly hang out but to him it was a date. :neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral:

i used to think im a bad person (hence i avoided being too close with men) because people accused me of leading them on then later realized that it wasn't my fault they weren't clear.

i need a to attend a class for this :tonguewink::tonguewink::tonguewink:

Nevermind the painfull sensations you feel prior to this. You have actually see the blood and bruise or they are most likely not hitting on you.

Very true. A mild abrasion could be mere meaningless flirting, but once it breaks the skin - especially a little welting or bleeding - you know things are getting serious.

Very true. A mild abrasion could be mere meaningless flirting, but once it breaks the skin - especially a little welting or bleeding - you know things are getting serious.

Forget about bruising. The way I can tell if a girl is flirting with me is if she continues to act flirtatious while we are having sex. At that point I am pretty confident that she is flirting with me because she likes me. Otherwise, even if she is being flirty and we are both naked and fooling around but no sexual intercourse takes place, I assume she wasn't really flirting with me, she was just being friendly and she acts that way with everyone. Don't you hate that, when you meet a girl, you think she might be flirting with you, you end up fooling around, and then with her bare chest pressed against yours she reveals that she hopes you don't get the wrong idea, she just wants to be friends, her friendliness was strictly platonic and was in no way intended to lead you on or to give you the impression that she was attracted to you, that just because she is allowing you to touch her all over her entire body does not mean that she likes you in a romantic sense. I hate when that happens. Women and the confusing games they play. Remember back in the good old days when getting a blow job meant a girl was actually attracted to you. Not anymore. Not anymore.

This really cute guy just visited my office at work about 30 minutes ago and I was all like :flushed::blush::hearteyes::kissingclosed::relaxed:

He wasn't being very subtle with all that charm, the flirt

IMG_20161029_144522.jpg
*swoons*

This really cute guy just visited my office at work about 30 minutes ago and I was all like :flushed::blush::hearteyes::kissingclosed::relaxed:

He wasn't being very subtle with all that charm, the flirt

I understand the attraction. What charisma! My jeans are moist just from the picture.

4e4.png

No ones got game like Gaston...

Me tryin to flirt

enhanced-buzz-5712-1432553732-5.jpg

When they use the wink emoji. ;) also that weird one on FB with the kissy face and the heart- I just got that the other night and was like "Did he just declare his love for me? O:::::::: " lol

@Wyote ... I was just telling my friend this morning that if anyone ever tried a horribly punny pick up line on me it would totally work! In fact it would work better than someone trying to be all suave about picking me up because I'm goofy as fuck.

@Hoodie ... uhoh, I use winky and kissy heart face all the time @_@. But I wonder if me being a girl makes it not flirty since females are statistically more likely to use emojis on the regular.

@Jet XD I think it really depends on the person. Which is why it's a good idea to research your peeps.

Reactions: James and Jet
@Wyote ... I was just telling my friend this morning that if anyone ever tried a horribly punny pick up line on me it would totally work! In fact it would work better than someone trying to be all suave about picking me up because I'm goofy as fuck

The pick up line I often use is, Hey baby, your dad sure has good sperm.

Works every time.

The pick up line I often use is, Hey baby, your dad sure has good sperm.

Works every time.
I actually think about that when I get a bit down about life and how much I fail at it ... I mean, I won the race to the egg and isn't that the most important win of them all?

I didn't have time to read all the stuff in the middle of this post. But honestly, I have no real way of telling when people are hitting on me except that I think/feel that they are. I tend to be pretty good at determining intentions behind people's motivations, however... Sometimes I can see something and can make it mean more than just a casual flirt. Through trail and error and getting a little older - I find it's about taking risks. If you think they are hitting on/flirting with you, hit them back with something small. See where it goes!