How do you know when someone is hitting on you? | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

How do you know when someone is hitting on you?

If you say so [MENTION=1939]StudebakerHawk[/MENTION] Uh...I will try and act like I'm not weirded out that you quoted bits of a conversation from a long time ago about how you invited me to flirt with you....uh not at all...

Crazy Irish anyway.

You know I adore you..... ;)

Body language, reading between the lines and observing all channels of communication. But I think the best way to know if someone is hitting on you is by risking rejection and asking .

Right now I'm not searching but when I do find that potential woman I'll make my intentions crystal clear. No subtle messages no nothing. :D

Reactions: Jet and Gaze
Doesnt matter cause I am probably hitting on them too.

Body language, reading between the lines and observing all channels of communication. But I think the best way to know if someone is hitting on you is by risking rejection and asking .

Right now I'm not searching but when I do find that potential woman I'll make my intentions crystal clear. No subtle messages no nothing. :D

yeah, sometimes, the more direct approach works. Fewer mixed signals.

Reactions: Jet and David54
I can tell when someone is flirting with me. I just feel, you know. But I never know if someone who I'm hitting is interested or not. It gets me very nervous. Maybe this nervousness is what keep things from being clear, I think...
Anyway, I'm very frustrated because of this kind of situation. :mpff:
Can anyone give some tips for a poor INFJ brother?

Being direct is probably a good idea. Making an overture or something is my advice. I understand taking the chance of rejection is hard.

Depends on what kind of person you are interested in too. I am kinda old fashioned, I won't make the first move. I flirt all the time though. Yea, the only problem with flirting is when someone takes it too seriously. :(

Being direct is probably a good idea. Making an overture or something is my advice. I understand taking the chance of rejection is hard.

Depends on what kind of person you are interested in too. I am kinda old fashioned, I won't make the first move. I flirt all the time though. Yea, the only problem with flirting is when someone takes it too seriously. :(

I don't think a overture would be a good idea... it's not so spontaneous, so it may be uncomfortable for me and her... What do you think?

About the type of person I'm interested in... I don't know what to say, really. I don't really care about MBTI type. I think artistic, funny, smart and cute girls are perfect for me.

uh it's kind of a non issue unless i have a crush on the person in return. if it's a compliment, i just say thanks. if it's creepy comments i leave, and cheesy pickup lines or similar things i just laugh and brush it off. if the person is just trying to talk to me or be nice to me, even if they're trying to "hit on me" or "flirt" with me i'll just be my normal self and roll with the punches. if i like them i'll flirt back... in other words, look for signs of attraction in them for me, and figure out ways to amplify it. most of the time my spidey senses tell me, but they can be wrong and if i'm not attracted to them it won't make a difference in how i act in the situation anyway.

i try to get them to like me more
Oh, I understand. I do that too. My problem is hitting on someone, not being hit on.
How do you act when you want someone to get, let's, "romantically" interested on you?

Oh, I understand. I do that too. My problem is hitting on someone, not being hit on.
How do you act when you want someone to get, let's, "romantically" interested on you?

Ooh! I just noticed that you are 17 as well :D

It's hard to say... I have no set game plan. I make things up as I go, depending on the person. Usually the people I'm attracted to I'd have to know I'd keep seeing on a somewhat regular basis. In general, instead of getting him to think I'm chasing him, I get him to want to chase me, and then after a while I drop hints of my feelings for him with increasing intensity. I tend to be very subtle about it, especially at first. I'll worm my way into positions where I'm interacting or in plain view with them or their social group a lot, so I can watch them just as much as they can watch me. I wouldn't say I fabricate my actions in front of them, but it's just the presence of someone I like being there that inspires me to act in a more cheeky or bold way, smile more, do things like point out their quirks and comment on interesting things I notice about them, make them laugh, have a more feminine appearance and mannerisms, and look them in the eyes when I can. When I told my last long term bf some of the things I did with attracting him in mind when I first met him, he thought it was genius and kind of a mindfuck because it made him subconsciously crush on me more.

Lol I think I've said too much already. My secrets are all out in the open.

I don't think a overture would be a good idea... it's not so spontaneous, so it may be uncomfortable for me and her... What do you think?

About the type of person I'm interested in... I don't know what to say, really. I don't really care about MBTI type. I think artistic, funny, smart and cute girls are perfect for me.

By overture, I mean asking them out. That is the quickest way to find out if someone is available and likes you. Yea, I don't use MBTI in real life nor does it cross my mind to wonder what someones MBTI type is. What I meant by type of girl is that some are more outgoing and some are more reserved. So if the girl is quiet and reserved, I wouldn't suggest over the top declarations. Catch my savvy? I find that no matter how you ask, sincere is something that most women pick up on easily.

Reactions: grt$5vb
By overture, I mean asking them out. That is the quickest way to find out if someone is available and likes you. Yea, I don't use MBTI in real life nor does it cross my mind to wonder what someones MBTI type is. What I meant by type of girl is that some are more outgoing and some are more reserved. So if the girl is quiet and reserved, I wouldn't suggest over the top declarations. Catch my savvy? I find that no matter how you ask, sincere is something that most women pick up on easily.

I understand what you say, thanks a lot :)
I think the reserved girls are easier for me to catch than the outgoing ones, but I don't know why really.
Maybe I feel more comfortable next to the reserved ones. I don't know.

Reactions: subwayrider
How to know when someone is hitting on you?

Use your intuition!

when they touch your thigh....

Reactions: Jet and subwayrider
Words, but mostly non-verbal cues, body language, proximity, eye contact, tone of voice.
Intuition.

I'm not so good with this one, pretty oblivious of the signals. And according to my friends, the signals women send to me are pretty obvious.

It seems when someone wants to talk to you more than they talk with anyone else, or smile a lot when they're with you, or go out of their way to make you laugh, or make excuses to be around you, then that may indicate they're interested.

Reactions: James
When you start turning black and blue. No just kidding.

Well, this is something that your intuition can tell you.

Reactions: Gaze