Friends With The Opposite Sex | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Friends With The Opposite Sex

I was thinking about this, maybe I have more guy-friends because I talk about things other than my feelings, or my jerk of a boyfriend, or ignorant of a crush.

I usually have intellectual conversations or debates with my guy-friuends...so probably they are my escape from my introvert feeler self.

Reactions: Feelings
Which party finds the other attractive first, you or them?
Or is that not the problem?

i'm not generally attracted to men, so for the ones that i have trouble maintaining or beginning a casual friendship with, it'd have to be them to be honest with you.

Last edited:
most often times I end up having male friends more than female. That would be because of my interests may it be anime, video gaming, working out, etc. I find it most comfortable to hang with them:/ now there are different types of relationships I had with guys

1) We're really good friends , hear each other out, we chill, and share interest. our friendship is not a gender issue .

2)sometimes Guys develop feelings for me because I'm like a guy in a body of a petite asian girl. usually then I had to break let them down...then drift....

3)Guys who like me who I am and i accept him..then turns something else lol

I find girls to be very scary creatures. They gossip, scheme, can bw narcissists with looks, emotional, judge, and dangerous in packs etc. Understand that I am a girl, thus is from life experience. it just takes much energy to be friends with girls, thus I have few.

most often times I end up having male friends more than female. That would be because of my interests may it be anime, video gaming, working out, etc. I find it most comfortable to hang with them:/ now there are different types of relationships I had with guys

1) We're really good friends , hear each other out, we chill, and share interest. our friendship is not a gender issue .

2)sometimes Guys develop feelings for me because I'm like a guy in a body of a petite asian girl. usually then I had to break let them down...then drift....

3)Guys who like me who I am and i accept him..then turns something else lol

I find girls to be very scary creatures. They gossip, scheme, can bw narcissists with looks, emotional, judge, and dangerous in packs etc. Understand that I am a girl, thus is from life experience. it just takes much energy to be friends with girls, thus I have few.

i couldn't agree more with you. same thing here. it's so much harder and complicated since guys are very visual and often have hidden motives for such friendships. i know it sounds harsh but those friendships could work only if they're both in serious relationships or at least one of them is ugly like hell. with a few rare exceptions of course.

Most of my friends are male, I tend to find most females too bitchy and annoying.

I have almost equal numbers of guy and girl friends, I think. I tend to have a more peaceful relationship with girls, as my guy friends are usually (although probably subconsciously) trying to impress my girl friends, or compete with each other. It's kind of annoying sometimes, but recently they seem to have calmed down a bit, though I get what people mean about girls and guys becoming attracted to each other or acting differently around each other when they're friends. It's kind of sad, because I think me and one other friend are the only ones who don't do that ^^"
I think I may actually weird out guy friends by NOT acting any differently around them than I do with girls. I like to treat everyone equally as much as possible. Although, I may scare people because they can tell I know what they're up to =.=" I wish I didn't sometimes....
(I think me not acting differently has led to very few people ever really being interested in me, as they are usually only interested when they think there's a potential relationship there.)
I tend to have more to talk about with guys though, as I'm interested in video games, more violent/psychological films (I can't stand rom coms) etc. Plus, I've been told I'm like a feminine man, so that may help XD With girls, I seem to talk more about them.

Last edited:
I really don't think men and women can be strictly friends. One or the other always has more of an interest than the other.

With that said, I usually make friends with girls a lot easier than guys.

It was so strange to read that most all of females here have male friends. Conversely, nearly all of my friends are females.

It was so strange to read that most all of females here have male friends. Conversely, nearly all of my friends are females.

Maybe being in Lithuania changes things? (I couldn't find it on a map to be honest, so don't hate me for suggesting that). Most people on this forum are Australian, UK, and US from what I've seen.

Maybe being in Lithuania changes things? (I couldn't find it on a map to be honest, so don't hate me for suggesting that). Most people on this forum are Australian, UK, and US from what I've seen.

Google it!

Strange assumption, indeed.

It's because of me, not my nationality.

Ouch.

Last edited:
Too many males have big egos.

Google it!

Strange assumption, indeed.

It's because of me, not my nationality.

Ouch.

Its not an assumption (its not absolte). Its just a guess. I do know though that you have a somewhat different culture there than you do here, and maybe people are socialized to interact differently than in other places?

Its not an assumption (its not absolte). Its just a guess. I do know though that you have a somewhat different culture there than you do here, and maybe people are socialized to interact differently than in other places?

People are people everywhere ;) Maybe we are a bit colder (like northerns) but it doesn't have connection with thing that most all of my friends are femmales.
I think.

Thats actually really not true. The western culture vs the eastern culture produces entirely different social interactions.

Arithmetically speaking, I have more guy friends than I have girlfriends. I get along much better with men for some reason, at least at a close but comfortable distance. But I have more close girlfriends than guyfriends (three to two). Mostly because any guys I let in too close develop feelings for me, or vice versa, and we either end up dating or we drift apart.

OR.... we otherwise psychogically scar one another for life. Hmm?

What do you mean?? Please explain.

Thats actually really not true. The western culture vs the eastern culture produces entirely different social interactions.

I didn't notice that much difference but then our's is more influenced by the western culture.

to pagan_heart - I know personally 3 INFJ females now and it indeed seems that they have more friends of their own gender. But I also know some women (of other types) who only makes friends with men. So it more depends on a person.

Maybe being in Lithuania changes things? (I couldn't find it on a map to be honest, so don't hate me for suggesting that).

I even pinpointed it on the INFJ map with a green arrow:D

Last edited:

In which way? I found the people in China when I lived there to be very similar to most Americans aside from the obvious differences in culture. But at the core it was all the same. The only thing they worried about that westerners dont on the same scale is "face"

Too many males have big egos.
Should that be 'Too many people'? :)
I find many, many women have huge egos, but just express them differently. That's probably why men are (especially when younger) classed as a majority to be arrogant and know-it-alls.

Men do have big egos though. Women can have big egos but not on the scale that men do, men LIVE their egos whereas women protect their egos from what I have seen. Its why I cant stand hanging out with too many dudes, I hate sausage fests... all the alpha male aggression and competitiveness leads me to act alpha and competitive and then you have to add being an INFJ on top of that and my determination not to lose and to understand things and be the best. I lose a lot of friends this way... they get all stereotypically male and want to compete, and I obliterate them and embarass them, and I am NOT a good winner to people who put me in that mode because to me its not only about winning, its about making sure they understand that they got outclassed and why. Its kinda wierd... I shy away form hanging out with dudes for all these reasons.