Friends With The Opposite Sex | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Friends With The Opposite Sex

Offline I am primarily friends with women. It's not a choice exactly - when I was younger I used to have all male friends, but sooner or later they always ended up hitting on me in ways that were betraying (little bits of hitting on are cute and fun). Such as admitting they didn't like art, and only did art things with me in the hope of getting me into bed. Enough of those things really hurt. Plus I had an extremely bad experience with a 'supposed friend.' I don't talk about it, but it's made me extremely wary.

I had one really good transgendered male friend, but it ended up being the exact same story.

There are really good guys out there, and I miss not having as many male friends in my offline life. But online, I would say the majority of my friends are male, and I love 'em all to death! (Note - ACK! But not that way!)

LOL.

Last edited:
I'd say that about 60% of my friends are female, and it's always been that way. I find that it's in general easier to talk with women than with men, though obviously there are great many exceptions to be found.

I underestand how the thing about developing crushes and feelings towards friends of the opposite sex could be seen as distracting and/or awkward, but I never saw it that way myself. I quite enjoy a slight sexual tension in a friendship, and I've even had good relationships start that way. I've always viewed an ideal romantic relation as a close friendship with strong physical quality to it, rather than as something of a completely different nature than other relationships.

Throughout my life majority of my friends have been male, I find I tend to not get along with other females and share little in common. To me, a lot of women tend to talk about mundane crap that I couldn't care less about. I'm not interested in focusing on boys, celebrities, reality tv, and similar. Granted not all have such tedious conversations on a frequent occurrence, but it seems like many tend to drift into such topics more then I'd like. Although I do love when I finally find other similar, crazy women folk who I can befriend and talk to.
I've always been a tomboy, so hanging out with males has always seemed more natural and fun to me.

Besides, other women are competition.
:m081: