Friends With The Opposite Sex | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Friends With The Opposite Sex

The majority of my friends are female, and I find women more easy to talk to and be around than men. I've also met some females who are the opposite; most of their friends are male and they find men easier to talk to and be around.

Does anyone else feel this way, or are most of your friends of the same gender as you?

Why do people feel/act this way?

I don't know. Some guys scare the living shit out of me.

Most of my friends are males. I love talking with them compared to my female friends. I think it's because with my female friends, we might end up having a jealousy feeling if we talk about certain issues in our lives. On the other hand, guys would never have that feeling despite any issue we talk about. Relationship wise, I'd rather tell my best friend, who's a female like me. I don't mind at all opening up to talk about a relationship to one of my close male friends because I think it's always good to have a male's perspective on a relationship.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
Most of my friends are guys and a few girls. I sort of wish I had more girl friends though. I think I'm too random for girls to connect with. Girls don't dislike me, its just we end up not having much in common because I'm too blunt and if you whine to me about your man problems too much I'm pretty much "Dump the motherfucker and move on already" A la Dan Savage. I find most girls don't appreciate blunt. But maybe I just know the wrong girls. Plus i like getting my hands dirty camping and hiking nd whatnot. i think the things that interest me don't interest most women. i don't know what the fuck it is other women like. *shrug*

Anyway, having all guy friends was nifty when I still had a fella, but now... Meh I might want to rethink this whole "I'm just one of the guys" shtick. I can't get away with the things i used to get away with. I think i just sort of hate everyone for different reasons now.

lets do your nails bored now....ommmgg! and then we can your fingers off individually and mail them to random strangers with ransom notes!

lets do your nails bored now....ommmgg! and then we can your fingers off individually and mail them to random strangers with ransom notes!

Boo i have beautiful hands. Let's paint my toes and cut those off instead. It'll be like the Big Lebowski! I think you would throw some morbid ass slumber parties, slant...

heh

people won't spend the night at my house

they're too afraid of what I might do while they're unconcious.

heh

people won't spend the night at my house

they're too afraid of what I might do while they're unconcious.

Ya I wouldn't want end up in a bath of ice with no organs. :m054:

C'mon...It'll only be the ones you don't use.

Sorry slant I've got enough scars as it is.... how much would you pay me?

Hee.. this sounds like a horror movie.

One of these sweet little girls is not like the others. And she has a little secret that will just about kill ya!

"Slumber Party: Don't Be the First One to Fall Asleep.

Ha i would totally get drunk and watch that movie.

Yeah, and I'll donate it to a research program called C.A.N.N.I.B.A.L.

Cancer Asthma National Network Institution (of) Breakthrough Antidotes Legation

The problem with me (a guy) being friends with girls is that when they have a b/f they stop hanging out. It happens all the time and I cant explain this phenomenon. Any insight would be appreciated.

Gay guys do this to me too.

:(

I find it hard to keep casual female friends.

i find it hard to keep casual male friends. i have a couple, but we aren't close.

I find it hard to keep friends at all. Ha!

The problem with me (a guy) being friends with girls is that when they have a b/f they stop hanging out. It happens all the time and I cant explain this phenomenon. Any insight would be appreciated.

Hmmm, I kind of get this.

First off, when I was young I definately had mostly all female friends, I think this is partly due to the fact that I have 4 sisters and no brothers so being "friends" with a guy was just kind of completely out of my comfort zone. Then I got into a very long relationship (16 years) when I was only 19 years old and I was very careful during that time to not really make friends with the opposite sex...I was pretty sure that I'd be uncomfortable with my husband hanging around females, so out of courtesy, I chose not to become close to males.

When I was 36 I seperated from my husband and over the last few years I've made some really close male friends. I find in lots of ways they're easier to talk to and get along with. Some of these have become a little complicated because I think it's natural for a male and a female who spend a lot of time together to become attracted to each other, sometimes it's only one sided too and that can become really awkward. But all in all I've really enjoyed my friendships with my male friends.

For the last year however I've been dating somebody, and I know that even though he says he doesn't mind the friendships, that there's some jealousy there on his part...and in all honesty I can't really say that I blame him...not that he has anything to worry about because I love him insanely, but if he was picking up the phone and calling a female friend whenever something was bothering him or when he needed to talk then I know it would bother me.

SOO, even though these men that I made friends with when I was single are still my friends, I really don't lean on them like I used to. I still talk to them, but I do it a little less often and with a little more caution... it's just not quite the same as it was before.

Reactions: Gaze
hmm 95% of my friends are female. mostly because I'm ridiculously shy among boys.