Forum Vibes | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Forum Vibes

• Thread starter Deleted member 16771
  • Start date
Depends.

What level of bullshit do you normally consider 'the Humanities' as a whole?
sorry-ive-reached-my-maximum-limit-to-handle-bullshit-for-today-8369f.png

jk i hvae no opinion

level 3 bullshit?
let's negotiate

I find it personally bullshit, because of how I operate, it necessitates some sense of sovereignty of thought.
But as a practical matter within society, it's not. He's just sort of shining a light on this way of operating as he tends to do, and trying to exploit it for his own agenda of communal strength.

Hos is pushing an envelope of comfort with this thread, that stifles operating Ni effectively imo.
Or it's just my own discomfort due to a lifetime of ostricization on some level as a Ni user.
Maybe if the world valued Ni on some level, it could be put to better use.
That's probably Hos' point ultimately, and since this place does tend toward valuing Ni, it's a more safe place to suggest the idea.
But this ignores the reality of the world.

I find it personally bullshit, because of how I operate, it necessitates some sense of sovereignty of thought.
But as a practical matter within society, it's not. He's just sort of shining a light on this way of operating as he tends to do, and trying to exploit it for his own agenda of communal strength.

Hos is pushing an envelope of comfort with this thread, that stifles operating Ni effectively imo.
Or it's just my own discomfort due to a lifetime of ostricization on some level as a Ni user.
Maybe if the world valued Ni on some level, it could be put to better use.
That's probably Hos' point ultimately, and since this place does tend toward valuing Ni, it's a more safe place to suggest the idea.
But this ignores the reality of the world.
Are you saying that this thread makes you uncomfortable, Wy?

I wasn't quite sure where the hostility (towards the thread) was coming from. I don't think I'm being a dick or anything in bringing it to light.

Occasionally we see people post on various threads 'weird vibes tonight', and thoughts of that sort, so I just thought it would be interesting to put all that in one place and see what it looked like over time. People would respond and either agree or disagree and we'd perhaps approach a clearer understanding of what was going on.

Other than that, this mechanism of idea generation is at the core of my work and so I'm just interested in it generally, and thought you guys might be, too.

John said something earlier about Ni being shunned/not valued and now you've brought it up, too, and now I'm wondering what this oppressive feeling is really about.

Are you saying that this thread makes you uncomfortable, Wy?

I'm saying, within this community, it causes me discomfort not necessarily for my own sake, but for the sake of other members who are Ni users.
There is some level of discomfort there for me, but it is minimal compared to my concerns for other members and the community as a whole.
You suggested the idea; I saw the outcome a hundred years later.

I appreciate Ni, but I do have problems with bad decisions made upon it.

As anyone should, probably

I pick up on vibes here. But I think a big part of it is that due to my own life experiences, I am very sensitive to picking up on people's behavioral patterns. I feel like I know many of you well in some sense. I know your behaviors or your styles. It's easy to pick up when something is off. /Creep mode

Though sometimes I do miss things and I've also been wrong on occasion. Usually, I pick up on a lot, though.

And I think it was mentioned here a long time ago in another thread that some voices have more presence and can then set a tone.

This is a forum of intuitive feelers. Picking up on vibes is what we do.

Last edited:
I'm saying, within this community, it causes me discomfort not necessarily for my own sake, but for the sake of other members who are Ni users.
There is some level of discomfort there for me, but it is minimal compared to my concerns for other members and the community as a whole.
You suggested the idea; I saw the outcome a hundred years later.
I'm very confused. What's the outcome?

Some kind of undue focus being brought to bear upon it, and therefore a withdrawal of the comfort with which it's expressed here? That subjecting it to the analytical lens is only going to drive it deeper underground?

That it's a bit like I've said: come on everybody, let's peer into each other's souls?

I am most definitely NOT going to post in real time in this thread. "Oh, they're going to break up," will not go over well.

I appreciate Ni, but I do have problems with bad decisions made upon it.

You're pinpointing an issue on the forum about inconsistencies describing what Ni is and how it works.

hostility

I don't appreciate that you injected this word into the narrative. It invalidates my own feelings here, and I'm just trying to look out for people. Just because I call bullshit doesn't mean I'm being hostile, and even if I kind of am, it's only a reaction to what is a hostile move on your part. You don't think you're being hostile, but you're also just bulldozing with your own narrative. Pushback is not hostility.

I am most definitely NOT going to post in real time in this thread. "Oh, they're going to break up," will not go over well.
Lol.

I don't appreciate that you injected this word into the narrative. It invalidates my own feelings here, and I'm just trying to look out for people. Just because I call bullshit doesn't mean I'm being hostile, and even if I kind of am, it's only a reaction to what is a hostile move on your part. You don't think you're being hostile, but you're also just bulldozing with your own narrative. Pushback is not hostility.
'Bulldozing with my own narrative'?

Now I'm just stopped in my tracks wondering why I keep being put under all of this scrutiny. I just wanted a discussion about intuitions with anyone else who was interested, but now it seems like I've been disciplined.

I don't know how appropriate it is to hold me to this different standard compared to other members, @Wyote, but it doesn't really make me feel all that welcome I have to say. You're going to have to come back to this at some point and explain what you mean.

I don't think you're being reasonable with me at all.

@Wyote's feelings are valid, and I agree with him that Ni doesn't work "on command" and "under pressure" like that. It puts people on display and makes them feel pressured to perform.

Maybe it is better to discuss the mechanics and dynamics of the community. People can give examples of their own experiences with Ni on the forum if they want to. A lot of what goes on here with shared ideas is human behavior, too, not just about Ni.

It's not bullshit, but I see what you're saying.

I wanted to try to see if it were possible to share these intuitions 'communally'; to make them more conscious.

My field, and what I'm interested in, is social epistemology - specifically the mechanisms by which novel ideas are generated.

What we seem to be aware of on this forum is something like the collective unconscious - the way people respond to each other subconsciously and subtly shift their emotional states, which cascades throughout our social networks. Given enough scale and time, it seems that social groups 'create' novel ideas from within the collective unconscious without the need for any single individual to have had or articulated the idea.

This would be a very different mechanic of idea generation than the point-to-point, brain-to-brain conscious tracing that dominates intellectual history and social epistemology, and exploring that in the microcosm of the forum is intrinsically interesting to me, not least because so many of us report it so often.

It's a cool idea on paper, but like Wy I'm not very attracted to it in another sense. It's strange. I feel like I would have to force myself and it wouldn't feel very natural, if this makes sense.

What we seem to be aware of on this forum is something like the collective unconscious - the way people respond to each other subconsciously and subtly shift their emotional states, which cascades throughout our social networks. Given enough scale and time, it seems that social groups 'create' novel ideas from within the collective unconscious without the need for any single individual to have had or articulated the idea.

Screen Shot 2020-05-17 at 21.21.12.png <---

This is what people see mostly, so this is also that what dictates what keeps the ball rolling on a certain subject. It's like the heading of a newspaper.