Forum Vibes | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

Forum Vibes

• Thread starter Deleted member 16771
  • Start date
So... we still posting memes?

28e75a43ea301fe93c002e5d7985193c.jpeg

I was basically calling you a "big bad wolf". It's a reference to little Red Ridinghood and the big bad wolf that pretends he's her nice granny and eats her. Yeah... just to 'splain the meme lol

Right, I'm just not sure how you arrived at that conclusion based on what Ren said or what I was doing previously. I'm probably missing something stupidly obvious here lol but I just try to navigate in a way that works for me and this environment. Sometimes I do gotta be the bad wolf, but I don't think I was here.

Anyway you don't have to elaborate, this is old news at this point. I just wanted to clarify my own position here.

Part of this thread is the ability to recognize a pattern. I have no doubt most of you are good at it. But there is another concept I'd like to share.

Perception. Yes, we all know what this is, however I'd like for you to imagine it this way:

Cacoo-Venn-Diagram-Blog-680x450.png

Yes, like a Venn diagram, but imagine the shared part in the center is realm of truth/reality, and the unshared parts are the added baggage which gradually (not as abruptly as the line of the depicted circle) veers off into the realm of false or loosely coupled to the realm of truth. One person has their own baggage and beliefs coupled to the core of truth while another will have their own.

The problem I had in the past with users of Ni, and still do (but less so because I am getting better at representing my mind) is their tendency add unwarranted connotations and connections (which typically exist in simpler entities).

Summary: just because you spotted it, doesn't mean you understand it. That is where I take over ;)
STOP BEHAVING RATIONALLY

Yeah, it can't be extracted on command.

I think this thread was built on a short discussion in my blog about convergent thinking and jumped, here, to how people on the forum engage in convergent thinking.
I had to look this up I think I’m a divergent thinker though I will consider all the options when I make myself stop to think that there’s more than one and come up with some pretty out-of-the-box weird shit LOL

Reactions: Wyote
It's not bullshit, but I see what you're saying.

I wanted to try to see if it were possible to share these intuitions 'communally'; to make them more conscious.

My field, and what I'm interested in, is social epistemology - specifically the mechanisms by which novel ideas are generated.

What we seem to be aware of on this forum is something like the collective unconscious - the way people respond to each other subconsciously and subtly shift their emotional states, which cascades throughout our social networks. Given enough scale and time, it seems that social groups 'create' novel ideas from within the collective unconscious without the need for any single individual to have had or articulated the idea.

This would be a very different mechanic of idea generation than the point-to-point, brain-to-brain conscious tracing that dominates intellectual history and social epistemology, and exploring that in the microcosm of the forum is intrinsically interesting to me, not least because so many of us report it so often.
I think this concept is so helpful in addressing social issues because there are many think tanks but they’re all in the sphere of capitalism I tried to search the Internet for think tank groups for social problems. For example I think collectively people could find solutions to problems if they knew where to go to share their collective thinking but there isn’t a place. Like the one the coronavirus hit the smartest thing I think would’ve been to close down the country for two weeks have everybody go to the grocery store and get the groceries have the police there for the people that don’t understand two weeks of food instead of five years worth of food leaving everybody else without kind of like the toilet paper LOL but if we looked down for two weeks we could’ve handled it without creating the chaos in the economy because two weeks shut down is way cheaper than two months no matter how you look at it and it’s a virus you can’t kill it because it’s not a life in so many people are uneducated and they just grasp whatever information they hear they are like sheep and I was shocked to realize how many sheepAre here I just grabbed my attention but it certainly makes me understand why the political landscape is as it is people just follow blindly without investigating

Reactions: Wyote