Forum Vibes | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Forum Vibes

• Thread starter Deleted member 16771
  • Start date
This description :tearsofjoy:

No I don't think it's mysterious either, but worth bearing investigation as an interesting feature of the place imo.

What I'm failing to understand is where the uncomfortability (what a clunky word) is coming from - it might be like you say from some people feeling like they're being watched, which I suppose I'm not connecting with because I had no privacy growing up.

I'm almost rolling my eyes at it; at the sheer level of unfounded sensitivity.
Zoo animals breed more easily without an audience.

I guess I can't leave that sentence on its own lol. But people will adjust their behavior depending on whether or not they're being watched. I believe in physics it's called the Observer Effect.

You know, something deep and interesting like that.

I've noticed that a lot of people here (including myself) tend to develop a sense of the common preoccupations and themes which seem to drift in and out of focus on our forum.

Sometimes it seems like 'everyone is thinking or talking about X thing.', or that similar events hit in our lives at the same time.

A lot of this is due to overactive pattern recognition which is often only registered subconsciously (that pesky Ni), and I think it's something that a lot of us can't switch off if we're sensitive to it.

I thought it might be fun to have a thread where we can share all of these 'vibes' that we get occasionally and share notes. I think perhaps @Wyote and @Asa might be interested in this, in particular, maybe @John K, too, and many others.

I see this as a means of exploring our Ni and for me in particular, learning what to 'do' with this pattern recognition; learning how to better manage these 'vibes'. In addition, I'm interested intellectually in how this contributes to the process of social idea formation.

Right now, it's 'plants', 'flowers', 'nature'.

Yesterday we had a much darker vibe, lots of pain and misunderstanding.

This was my impression anyway.

Doe's are your vibes hommie.