Family's types | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Family's types

Mom: ISTJ
Dad: INTP
Me: INFJ
Little brother: ESTP

Mom and little brother have confirmed their types after some poking from me, but I'm not certain about dad. He behaves like an INTP and speaks like one, but seems a bit too temperamental for one.. A temperamental INTP, not fun.

Dad: INTJ, for sure
Mom: INFP, pretty sure, and it would make a lot of sense if she was
Younger Sis: unknown.

hmm...
Mom: ESFJ
Dad: INTP
Me: INTP
Bro: INTP
Littler bro: to young to type, but probably another INTP

The result? A very unfortunate, distressed ESFJ, which causes stress for all the lazy INTPs in the house...

Mom -- ENFJ
Dad -- INFJ
Big Brother -- INFJ
Me -- INFJ
Little Brother -- INTP
Step Mom -- ESFP
Step Brother -- INFP

Yeah, it's a whole lot of NFJ in my family.

^ That's amazing, actually :0 I have a whole lot xNxJ in mine, but I'm curious as to what all that F would do to it...

Family MBTI

What's your family members' MBTI?

Mom: INFJ
Dad: ISFJ
Brother: ESFP
Sister: ISFP I think

I wonder if your MBTI is hereditary or if you're atleast predisposed to having certain traits. For my family, the feeling trait is dominant.

I think a thread for this already exsists...

Nevertheless... This is what I know, some I have given the test, some I am just very certain of, so if I don't know them, I just dont have it listed, so it isn't complete.

*(parents divorced when I was 4)*

On my dads side:
-Dad: ESTJ
Grandfather (dead): ISTJ
Grandmother (dead): ISFJ
Aunt Cookie: ISFJ
Aunt Ruthie: ESFP
Aunt Lowie: ISFP
Aunt Joanie: ESFP
Uncle George: ESTJ
Georgie (cousin, 19): ENTJ

Can you tell that I never get along with this side of the family like... ever? haha. With the exception of my aunt joanie, who I get along with very well, she is very understanding and for the most part excepts my points of views.

On my moms side:
-Mom: INFJ
Grandmother: ISFP
Grandfather: ISTJ
Uncle Scott: ESFP
Kiana (cousin, 13): ENFP
Uncle Glen: INTP
Ava (cousin, 18): ESFP

This side of the family is alot better. Mostly because of my mom, who like me, is also an INFJ. We are usually at odds with our family, because they just dont get us, and think we are wierd, but we are civil. My uncle glen is closest to me and my mom.

Mh... In my case it's a bit strange, but I think it might have to do with my brother being autistic and the way my parent's genes worked together?

Dad : ISFJ
Mom : ESFJ

Oldest brother : INFJ
Brother : ENTJ
Sister : INFP
autistic Brother : autistic (so, I guess IxxJ, but that doesn't really mean anything)
Me : INFJ

Dad: ESTJ
Mom: INFJ
Brother: INTJ
Sister: ESFJ
Moi: ENTP

Being the only "P" in a family of "J"s... oi vey. Fortunately I was the baby and no one expected me to be anything but irresponsible. Though I still catch crap for stuff I did at 16 (even at the age of 31).

I find it interesting that three of us already had INFJ moms. They're so uncommon. But my mom was teh bestest, so I imagine we all lucked out.

*merged*

Father: ISTJ
Mother: ISTJ
Brother: ESFP
Me: INTP
Grandparents are important in my life, so:
Grandmother: ISFJ (like, the most cliche ISFJ in existence)
Grandfather: ESTJ (also, the very cliche of ESTJ)

Not easy being the only intuitive, and having all the authority figures be J's.

Father= INFJ
Mother= INFP
Sister= E/I/NFP

My INFP sister and my mom gang up on me a lot. They see things the same and wonder why I don't get things. They think I'm weird and socially retarded because I don't view social situations the same way they do; they both seem to be very popular at work/school and have funny sense of humors, though deep conversations are rare with them. They are funny people, not profound thinkers.

And my INFJ dad, when I do see him is a very wise person to ask for advice, though he does seem to silently brood over things. If you don't watch a movie with him, he doesn't say anything, but you can tell he's upset. He uses his N preference too much and thinks he knows everything, trying to restrict my freedom in every way possible. I'm a tame kid- I'm not apt to go off and do drugs but my dad likes to think I would doue to a dream he had about me being a young adult and calling him up in a hotel room, naked, with some cheapshot boyfriend asking for crack money.

He looses his temper a LOT with me and has yelled at me multiple times over stupid issues and brought me to tears because when he gets angry he's calm and attacks peoples characters to bring them down. He has the tendency to threaten calling the cops on me and sending me to a Youth Detention Center [ he's an attorney]. I

Last edited:
Father= INFJ
Mother= INFP
Sister= E/I/NFP

My INFP sister and my mom gang up on me a lot. They see things the same and wonder why I don't get things. They think I'm weird and socially retarded because I don't view social situations the same way they do; they both seem to be very popular at work/school and have funny sense of humors, though deep conversations are rare with them. They are funny people, not profound thinkers.

And my INFJ dad, when I do see him is a very wise person to ask for advice, though he does seem to silently brood over things. If you don't watch a movie with him, he doesn't say anything, but you can tell he's upset. He uses his N preference too much and thinks he knows everything, trying to restrict my freedom in every way possible. I'm a tame kid- I'm not apt to go off and do drugs but my dad likes to think I would doue to a dream he had about me being a young adult and calling him up in a hotel room, naked, with some cheapshot boyfriend asking for crack money.

He looses his temper a LOT with me and has yelled at me multiple times over stupid issues and brought me to tears because when he gets angry he's calm and attacks peoples characters to bring them down. He has the tendency to threaten calling the cops on me and sending me to a Youth Detention Center [ he's an attorney]. I

Wow, a family FULL of NF's? To an NT that sounds like the House of a 1,000 Landmines.

Wow, a family FULL of NF's? To an NT that sounds like the House of a 1,000 Landmines.
XD

I think that might be the reason for my attraction to T types. I've had too much interaction with the Feelers, and I need something logical to put my mind in balance with.

The utter idiocy of saying "noone cares about that" just because they personally don't care about that, even though she might be interrupting an indepth conversation between three people who "do care about that". The "I'm going to go out and get utterly trashed and scream "woooo" and say that THAT is having a good time. Saying "books are boring". Disregarding anything out of the ordinary as weird and useless.

My sister and other ISFPs (guessing their type), do this crap a lot. So the entire temperament gets painted as trash.
Hahah shiiit that is soo my mom, and then if you interupt them it's totally UNACCEPTABLE and HELL breaks out.

The Big happee Hermon familly [not]:
  • My mother = "ISFJ" considering the fact that she's got PTSD.
  • My dad = "ENFJ" besides him being a narcissist.
and
  • Me = ENFP... I get along with anyone who has a sence of compassion, feeling and has a smile :) However I DO NOT what so ever get along with macabre cynical people because they envy, can't understand nor respect my feelings that run deep down and therefore at times they will bash on me. So does anyone have an idea under what type they fall under?
I find it interesting why pretty much all of us NF's desire and wish to be free.

Last edited:
*Off topic trappy stuff moved here*