Everything INFJ-y | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Everything INFJ-y

I've never heard truer words than the profile above. Absolutely accurate, I feel like someone has been spying on my life, creepy. Maybe I'm not bipolar at all? Hmmm....
I know right? When I was 14-15, I thought that I was bipolar, because of how drastic my mood swings were.

When I first took the test and read the profile, I was like "What the heck? Did they steal my diary?" and other things along those lines. It's nice to learn about who I am and my personality, but understanding it, is probably going to be one of my bigger challenges in life.

I know I'm an INFJ, no doubt about it. But here's two things that I differ in from most:

- I hate telling my deepest "secrets" (I use the term loosely), no matter what. Although that may be because I don't fully trust anyone...

- I like causing conflict sometimes. I love seeing people's reactions, experimenting with humans in a sense. Like I'll say something to one person, then the opposite to the other and watch it all unfold. I only do this at home though, I'm not that big of a douche to do it to my friends.

- I like causing conflict sometimes. I love seeing people's reactions, experimenting with humans in a sense. Like I'll say something to one person, then the opposite to the other and watch it all unfold. I only do this at home though, I'm not that big of a douche to do it to my friends.

I do this too-is this wrong of me?

Urtehnoes said:

Honestly? I am inclined to say yes. The main reason as fostering discord for the sake of personal enjoyment is unfair, and I am willing to bet most people would also not want this done to them. Do not undo to others to what you would not want undone to you. If I catch wind of people doing this to me, I will from then on put up a serious wall between them and will not interact with them anymore.

It's ok to orchestrate peoples responses to cause improvement in them in the majority of cases, but doing it in such a way to create problems and to insight emotions is largely seen as a bad thing.

Reactions: Bird
Honestly? I am inclined to say yes. The main reason as fostering discord for the sake of personal enjoyment is unfair, and I am willing to bet most people would also not want this done to them. Do not undo to others to what you would not want undone to you. If I catch wind of people doing this to me, I will from then on put up a serious wall between them and will not interact with them anymore.

It's ok to orchestrate peoples responses to cause improvement in them in the majority of cases, but doing it in such a way to create problems and to insight emotions is largely seen as a bad thing.

+1

I third that.

It's like some sort of form of perverted justice for me. I only do it at work, and only to people who deserve the consequences. Does that make me wrong, probably, oh well : 0.

I don't do it for shits and giggles, I generally have a good reason and I never lie or make stuff up.

Last edited:
INFJ in one picture
xxphotosilovecatskatzen.jpg

Reactions: Motor Jax
Well

I truly appreciate this thread because after the first example listed above, there was little else to be said.

I like the idea of being able to choose between illustrations of INFJ descriptions, so that I can choose which one to quote and photocopy, and give to loved ones or friends if they find difficulty understanding what makes me tick.

I always knew the rest of the world was dominated by Extroverts, somehow, but never had a way to prove it before. AND I found myself getting bitterly resentful of having to rationalise all the "meaningless chatter" and "reinventing the wheel" coming from others as if I were the abnormal one. Now I have come to a point in my life where - with the discovery of this site and others, I can begin to 'let go" of more of the deep-seated reactions I have had towards the outer world, and THANK GOD not typecast myself as "bad" when I see the loving side of me gradually or suddenly turning into the "misanthropist" when I am too overloaded..............

so, there better be another INFJ within a mile of my house...so that we can chat on the internet instead of meeting in person like real people...

But for it to work that way, we would have to assume that all personality types were equally dispersed over the face of the earth's land mass and then we would also have to assume that all of those areas had the exact same number of people living on them, but we know that isn't the case, therefore it must mean that some of us who live way out in the sticks, or high up in the mountains, or in small towns or deserts or any place where the population is rather sparse, will likely have only 1/2 of an INFJ nearby [hehe, kidding]. Really though, some of us may go our entire lives and never meet, in person, another are bird like ourselves, while others who live in cities or larger towns may meet a dozen.

I have a question about INFJ's and INFP's, too, oh and female INTJ's, it seems that we are tiny in number among flesh and blood people. Yet, on personality forums we often have the most posts and the most things to say. Do you suppose that is because we love to write? or is because we are inquisitive sorts?

Oh, and btw, I just love this thread. I have learned so much just reading these comments!

Wow, reading all of these in one place makes me more certain than ever that I really am INFJ. Great post, and it definitely helped me on my self-discovery journey... though I suspect that INFJs are prone to those!

But for it to work that way, we would have to assume that all personality types were equally dispersed over the face of the earth's land mass and then we would also have to assume that all of those areas had the exact same number of people living on them, but we know that isn't the case, therefore it must mean that some of us who live way out in the sticks, or high up in the mountains, or in small towns or deserts or any place where the population is rather sparse, will likely have only 1/2 of an INFJ nearby [hehe, kidding]. Really though, some of us may go our entire lives and never meet, in person, another are bird like ourselves, while others who live in cities or larger towns may meet a dozen.
I have a question about INFJ's and INFP's, too, oh and female INTJ's, it seems that we are tiny in number among flesh and blood people. Yet, on personality forums we often have the most posts and the most things to say. Do you suppose that is because we love to write? or is because we are inquisitive sorts?
[MENTION=3943]wonder[/MENTION]
I've only been on this forum as far as typology forums go, but speaking for myself, I love written word, and typed word is even better. I can review what I'm typing, and what's in my head comes out about as well as it sounds in my head. Not often the case in spoken word for me.

Hey Griffin,

I love the written word, too. So that explains our reason for loving online communication.
I'm sorry to have been so slow in getting back to you on this. I've been at a writer's event this weekend.

I love analyzing conversations I have with people. I know you guys probably do the same thing: You maintain eye contact, and observe. I am always watching the person's body language, listening to their tone of voice, etc. While I don't really trust anyone [only three people have made the cut, which is still too many for my taste...] I always get a little disappointed when someone tries lying to me. Why bother? It seems like it would be so much work, trying to keep up with everything.

-Anna

I agree with you Anna, 100%. It seems that for INFJs it takes a lot of effort to let someone close and establish a close bond and throughout our life experiences we found that efforts we spend often become fruitless, cause frustration and make us be wary of people. However, it is important to maintain such communications because we do need friends and we value them greatly. It requires from our side to get out of our safety castles and let people in, no matter if it's gonna hurt in the future or not, because only by opening and going through such issues we are able to build the strong relationships we just must have for our own sanity. A sacrifice to make but with worthy outcomes?

Also, did you INFJs notice that you are way more moody and prone to depressions that people around? Or are there any genuinely happy and positive INFJs that were able to maintain such behavior throughout the lifetime? If it is true than I wonder what kind of steps or mental conclusions people made to maintain it, because I still struggle a lot with such things.

I'm the same way Anna, in fact I don't even realize I do it sometimes anymore, it's a very automatic thing. If it's a really important conversation or something important is said, then I'll write it down or try to remember it later when I'm alone. That's when my mind is best suited to analyze the most important stuff. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who does this, I was beginning to think I might be alone >_>

This is a bit of an off shoot, but still Everything INFJ-y. I like sports. I like being fit and active. Do other INFJs like sports? Watching or doing? I like playing sports (soccer volleyball squash biking hiking canoeing) more than watching but I do like to watch soccer tennis curling and darts, I don't know why I like watching darts. But just wondering if that's something others like too?

This is a bit of an off shoot, but still Everything INFJ-y. I like sports. I like being fit and active. Do other INFJs like sports? Watching or doing? I like playing sports (soccer volleyball squash biking hiking canoeing) more than watching but I do like to watch soccer tennis curling and darts, I don't know why I like watching darts. But just wondering if that's something others like too?

I grew up in a hockey family and picked up soccer at age 5 and have always loved it . Something I've always noticed myself doing on the field (and something I consider myself good at) is reading where the play is going next. I see spacialy and try to control the field without having to be loud or constantly touching the ball, but more saw by drawing others and kind of organizing the field in a way. I know this is a little automatic at this point and kind of enjoy feeling the momentum changes and trying to influence them right back.