Everything INFJ-y | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Everything INFJ-y

INFJ in one picture
xxphotosilovecatskatzen.jpg

+1

I can't for the life of me figure out how to quote what I wanted to address from what you posted. So hopefully italicization shall work:"INFJs in particular, who need others' encouragement and approval to establish a positive self-image, struggle with feelings of alienation, and they often develope an ironic sense of humor that protects them from self-revelation and assures them of positive relationships.All I want to say is that, I can DEFINITELY relate to this.

I do have low self-esteem some moments of my life, and in those moments I do try and gain encouragement. "Does my hair look okay?" "What if they don't want to be friends with me?" blah blah blah and usually my trusted friends will support me and give me the compliments that I need. So i guess I admit it....I fish for compliments :p

As a child I was definitely the odd one out. I was a tomboy, wore glasses, and was socially awkward (the last statement still holds true unfortunately). I was bullied too, which didn't help. Still, i do have amazing friends who are far better people than the "popular kids" I once strived to be a part of.

As for an ironic sense of humour...I am known to poke fun at myself...and yet...it truly is only half-jokingly and half-serious. It's as if I'm trying to tell people: "This is who I am. I know I'm not the smartest, prettiest, funniest, best. I know I'm goofy, and weird but please, accept me...because if I can laugh at myself then I'll be okay with you laughing at me."

I don't know if those were the best explanations, but hopefully readers out there will understand where I come from.

Interesting, very interesting. I personally think, that INFJs are special group of people. But I am very curious in which houses in Harry Potter world would be INFJs sorted. Hufflepuff? Or Ravenclaw? What do you think?

Either Ravenclaw or Slytherin.

i believe this deep book from lenore thomson belongs also in this sticky thread. it offers, for example, a lot of insight about INFJ, about the distinction of Ni and Ne and Fe and Fi. you wanna go deep? read this book.

Attachments

• Lenore Thomson, Personality Type, part 2, ch. 17 - 21.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 40
  • Lenore Thomson, Personality Type, part 1, ch. 1- 16.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 60
i believe this deep book from lenore thomson belongs also in this sticky thread. it offers, for example, a lot of insight about INFJ, about the distinction of Ni and Ne and Fe and Fi. you wanna go deep? read this book.
thanks for your persistence in sharing this Andy. at least one member has now downloaded these pdfs.

i hear you, invisible. this book is probably too dense and too demanding to become widespread.

I know I'm super late on this response, only because I have recently joined. But, I am registered on Pottermore...I got into Gryffindor !

Reactions: Majesty
The only thing that really bothers me about personality forums is the occasional negativity directed at INFJs (sometimes by ourselves) and seeing all of the posters that portray us as some kind of emo army. It seems that everyone is depressed. I actually am very satisfied with my life and generally feel upbeat, except for those times of withdrawal and introspection that are completely natural. Remember that those generally pass.

So, in response to those who ask if there are positive INFJs, I say "yes." I am always amazed at how happy I am, and I even go through periods of peppiness and child-like enthusiasm! (Although, I'll admit I have an unusually blessed life, but it's mainly my find-something-to-be-grateful-for-every-day attitude.)

Not all INFJs are those really odd, "I gazed into the empty sky as my sobs echoed into the dark night..." kind of people. We can be very positive and occasionally peppy and playful like all normal people. How many agree?

-(I'm laughing at how long it took to write this and how many times I looked it over and edited it. Typical INFJ, right?)

Interesting, very interesting. I personally think, that INFJs are special group of people. But I am very curious in which houses in Harry Potter world would be INFJs sorted. Hufflepuff? Or Ravenclaw? What do you think?

Gryffindor or Ravenclaw

Last edited:

I've always wondered that too. slytherin LOL maybe for some.. but i'd rule it out for INFJ in general. but Idk Griffin excites me. Ravenclaw bores me because of the "i intelligence" and hufflepuff seems just like it's name.. rainbows and ponies type people lol. with that said, I have no clue.

I'd choose personally for myself, Griffin.

Yo, you fo' srs? goddamn-RAVENCLAW!!!!

Also interested in our 1% minority and apparent borderline psychic tendencies....

Also, if you can fake being an extrovert in comfy social situations, you're all good.

So, in response to those who ask if there are positive INFJs, I say "yes." I am always amazed at how happy I am, and I even go through periods of peppiness and child-like enthusiasm! (Although, I'll admit I have an unusually blessed life, but it's mainly my find-something-to-be-grateful-for-every-day attitude.)

I had a lot of anxiety and depression issues growing up, but once I learned how to manage them I've been nothing buy happy. I have my dark moods, but they pass.

"It seems to me there's so much more to the world than the average eye is allowed to see. I believe, if you look hard, there are more wonders in this universe than you could ever have dreamt of." Vincent Van Gogh in 'Vincent and the Doctor'

Uncanny Communications

I always enjoy reading different interpetations of an INFJ, as I enjoyed the descriptions on #1 page.
I saw something I hadnt read before: INFJs can have uncanny communications with certain individuals at a distance.

This ability is now presenting itself in my life and I am both fascinated and puzzled. This is unknown territory for me.
Can anyone elaborate or share personal experiences?

Last night I was searching online for animal associations where I could offer voluntary assistance (since I was jobless at the moment and feeling a strong urge to occupy my time doing something productive). It then occurred to me that I never felt so much hope and urgency in a while, and I actually felt that I needed to do some of these voluntary work (in contrast to any other contract jobs i've had where I felt obliged to work at). Perhaps this is an INFJ attribute worth sharing ?

I'm actually borderline in certain functions of my MBTI, but i'll stick to being an INFJ first since I feel most connected to it's description.

INFJ in one picture
xxphotosilovecatskatzen.jpg
I've always hated to read. It's rare for me that something is actually endurable for me. I'd say that I'm rather the writer type than the reader type, I've noticed this in some other INFJs as well.

-Jah

Not all INFJs are those really odd, "I gazed into the empty sky as my sobs echoed into the dark night..." kind of people. We can be very positive and occasionally peppy and playful like all normal people. How many agree?

lol ;)