Do you believe that Jesus Christ rose from the dead? | Page 9 | INFJ Forum

Do you believe that Jesus Christ rose from the dead?

Do you believe that Jesus Christ rose from the dead?

• Yes

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • No

Votes: 22 56.4%

• Total voters
*Tries really hard to resist posting derogatory comment about religion*

*Tries really, really hard....*

Ah f*** it.

Madness is the ability to make fine distinctions on different types of nonsense

Reactions: Jill Hives
new-atheist ignorance itt

people still fall for that huh. I thought that was sooooo 2007. Newsflash: being an atheist doesn't make you chic, cool or different or any more rational and thinking than a believer. Scripted arguments, false superiority and fake intelligence are easily seen by those "in the know". I usually try to shy away from topics I don't understand, I will never know why others don't. Lol.

I suggest to believers and unbelievers to take some history classes, you know actual history and historian craft and the basics of history so you can know how we and if we can determine meaning from history and what is a historical fact, that type of stuff. Calculus would be helpful once you've reached this point if you don't already understand where I'm going. Finally, take some lower level marketing classes or read some marketing books to see the big picture here. That way you won't just read books and websites written by laymen and think they're so brilliant just because they say they are brilliant. Understand yourself a little better so you can differentiate between who is trying to manipulate you by feeding your depleted ego, so you won't be manipulated by marketing campaigns and promises of rationality and intelligence (w/o actually being intelligent or well read). You can be a brilliant man or woman in one area but what makes someone write and discuss topics they don't understand with such authority...I'll never know.

Reactions: the
new-atheist ignorance itt

people still fall for that huh. I thought that was sooooo 2007. Newsflash: being an atheist doesn't make you chic, cool or different or any more rational and thinking than a believer. Scripted arguments, false superiority and fake intelligence are easily seen by those "in the know". I usually try to shy away from topics I don't understand, I will never know why others don't. Lol.

I suggest to believers and unbelievers to take some history classes, you know actual history and historian craft and the basics of history so you can know how we and if we can determine meaning from history and what is a historical fact, that type of stuff. Calculus would be helpful once you've reached this point if you don't already understand where I'm going. Finally, take some lower level marketing classes or read some marketing books to see the big picture here. That way you won't just read books and websites written by laymen and think they're so brilliant just because they say they are brilliant. Understand yourself a little better so you can differentiate between who is trying to manipulate you by feeding your depleted ego, so you won't be manipulated by marketing campaigns and promises of rationality and intelligence (w/o actually being intelligent or well read). You can be a brilliant man or woman in one area but what makes someone write and discuss topics they don't understand with such authority...I'll never know.

wow the sheer amount of foot in mouth in this post is astounding...

*Tries really hard to resist posting derogatory comment about religion*

*Tries really, really hard....*

Ah f*** it.

Madness is the ability to make fine distinctions on different types of nonsense

I know! I thought define "was" and "are" to be true nonsense. Until that point I thought the arguments were a bit crass but mostly well thought rebuttals.
I dinna read any marketing books though so who knows. *shrugs*

We all have a choice to believe whatever we like. God deals with everyone on an individual level. He will prove Himself to the masses in time. If we base anything solely on human understanding I am scared for us all.

Anyhow... are we wandering too far from the OP?

I think we are, but anyways it was a good discussion.

I will say that the acoustics in a church are often top-notch. Maybe the atheists can officially claim some Buddhist chants as their own-- since the atheistic forms of Buddhism are probably among the best-known atheist religions. Either that or we can sing songs about aliens or something... maybe do some choral arrangements for Radiohead or David Bowie songs or something.

What and where and how is great to understand but the WHY is most important.

Why exists... you can pretend it isn't there, but it's still there.

Are you sure?
No wait, actually, I don't know what that means.

We all have a choice to believe whatever we like. God deals with everyone on an individual level. He will prove Himself to the masses in time. If we base anything solely on human understanding I am scared for us all.

Maybe this should be in a separate thread but: Why does it even matter one way or the other?

If God has been so Laissez-faire in his approach to humanity for so long now, why would it even matter at this point in time? My Monday will be the same as my Tuesday as will my Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. I could (and have) get up and pray every day, eat junk food all day or go to work all day; the next day will still happen, regardless. Basing my life around him, debating with other people about him, or even acknowledging his existence makes absolutely no sense to me.

or even acknowledging his existence makes absolutely no sense to me.
I think the religion operates under a "out of sight, out of mind" approach- thats why so much praying. Some may want to think about God instead of themselves- or practice selflessness.

Nope, there is no logical reason to believe he rose from the dead. Was he a good man? Sure there are many of them and for him to be a good man is not out of the realm of possibility.