Do you believe that Jesus Christ rose from the dead? | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

Do you believe that Jesus Christ rose from the dead?

Do you believe that Jesus Christ rose from the dead?

• Yes

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • No

Votes: 22 56.4%

• Total voters
[video=youtube;e-9mpd7RYlE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-9mpd7RYlE&feature=relmfu[/video]

Long story short, life is a system of self replication.

That sounds suspiciously like death and rebirth- we could explain it in a parable! :p

That sounds suspiciously like death and rebirth- I cant imagine explaining it in a parable! :p

Only on the surface do they sound similar, when you get down to rebirth it is based on nothing but magic and fairies. Whereas in reality you have heredity, in rebirth, it is not heredity it is the same creature reborn, we know this not to be true in modern days though, unless you begin to speak of cloning. And just because its related on the most simplistic way in parable you are illogically insisting that that somehow justifies a creator, it does not.

in rebirth, it is not heredity it is the same creature reborn, we know this not to be true in modern days though, unless you begin to speak of cloning.
Not necessarily- rebirth as in more life. It doesnt have to be human oriented, yet we experience it and how else would we explain it if not for human symbols? If we explain it in human symbols, it means it doesnt apply to non-human things?

Not necessarily- rebirth as in more life. It doesnt have to be human oriented, yet we experience it and how else would we explain it if not for human symbols? If we explain it in human symbols, it means it doesnt apply to non-human things?

You should look into circular reasoning.

Your ever shifting definitions do not do your cause justice, only to make you look ever foolish.

If you want to make fun of people or call them arrogant, that's your choice.

Something else beyond what you currently comprehend could actually be true... but you won't accept it if you insist that all you know is all there is.

What and where and how is great to understand but the WHY is most important.

Why exists... you can pretend it isn't there, but it's still there.

You should look into circular reasoning.
Your ever shifting definitions do not do your cause justice, only to make you look ever foolish.
I thought life was cyclical?
Or are humans exempt from life's system of rebirth?

I thought life was cyclical? Or are humans exempt from life's system of rebirth?[/COLOR]

I am going to do what you do from here on out since you are obviously not interested in being taken seriously...

I thought life was cyclical?
What does "was" mean?
Or are humans exempt from life's system of rebirth?
What does "are" mean?

@Billy For 'was', I thought you thought life was circular in that you said life was a system of replication. As for 'are,' I'm trying to get you to realize humans are a part of the greater process, we are not the process itself.

@Billy For 'was', I thought you thought life was circular in that you said life was a system of replication. As for 'are,' I'm trying to get you to realize humans are a part of the greater process, we are not the process itself.

What does "to" mean?

Reactions: Kmal
I think at some point you have to understand that mankind has always been facinated with the idea of where creation/life came from. Perhaps it is our connection to the collective unconscious as postulated by Jung. There is strong evidence that shows the commonaliy of the meaning of symbols between cultures and throughout time. Perhaps it is a side effect of human gestation. To live inside another and then experience separation. Especially since we seek to understand the "other" our entire lives and forge connections with them.

On our own individual level we seek to create meaning and faith for our lives. I think the worst thing about Christianity in general is the superiority the religion breeds in it's followers. The idea that everyone else's beliefs are to be pitied (you are going to hell) or they are beneath notice (your belief is mythology). Throw in a greed for money, land and power and you have a recipe for disaster. One could mistake their behavior as a defect in theology but it is more about corruption and human failing. I have met people I would consider true Christians. It doesn't phase them a bit when I tell them I consider their faith as a Jewish cult or mythology. I have genuine appreciation for these type of people because you can actually see and experience the love and faith they have in God.

What does "to" mean?
As a human, you will experience birth and death, much the same as the stars. Using human figures and human events to explain what the stars go through is not complicated.

As a human, you will experience birth and death, much the same as the stars. Using human figures and human events to explain what the stars go through is not complicated.
Yes but when you say "as" what are you implying?

This discussion has gone down the drain. It's too bad really, I found it interesting.

That you're a reoccurring human, a part of the greater process. The use of human characters and human events is only to explain the process to better understand it and better understand our own understanding. That is why the 'creator' is personified as well as all the other magic and faeries you want to see past- it is just a way to see it that is easily understandable, provided you dont complicate it.

Reactions: Kgal
For once I hope everyone but me on this thread is trolling. The complete lack of understanding is appalling.

Don't bother getting all up in arms with this post, its a thread made to mock people and its disturbing.

But I guess what else can I expect from such a grand group of open minded INFJs

Reactions: the
No, not the religion, the adherence to the religion when we have evidence that supports factual basis for things said religion tries to inadequately explain. Science has not disproven God, but it has proven that god is not required for the universe to exist as it does with naturally occurring laws. If I said that every time lightning crashed it was because Jupiter Optimus was angry you would rightly say I was an idiot... but only because that is not the religious flavor of choice these days.

On the contrary, science observes that things exist and interact - and that they can spontaneously change in form. Indeed, science is excelling in the ability to describe the way things interact and change, so as to be able to predict change.

Science can only identify and explain the causality of interactions and mutations (for want of a better term for decays and fusions) - however it has to date not explained the causality of existence, either in terms of the origin of the universe (or universes), or the ongoing continuation of existence of the universe. We simply observe that things exist and do not spontaneously cease to exist, but cannot predict, nor cause things to spontaneously begin existing from nothing.

Kmal: Billy is just messing with you.

Reactions: Kmal