Cognitive Processes | Page 14 | INFJ Forum

Cognitive Processes

yeah its not always accurate, maybe you are intp, you know, sometimes the t/f part is not all that easy to distinguish...

The thing is that I consider the values and how it affects others before making any sort of decision, not only that I apply emotion, and I'm easily hurt specially when criticized, though I am critical myself. This are very ''F'' qualities.

The thing is that I consider the values and how it affects others before making any sort of decision, not only that I apply emotion, and I'm easily hurt specially when criticized, though I am critical myself. This are very ''F'' qualities.

yeah then you're F, for sure, that's what i thought before, exactly what you said, but i guess the cognitive processes aren't the same for each type, they can be very different.

Hmm yeah, you might be ambivert lol, I don't think this test measures any of us accurately..it keeps telling me INTP..

When you get depressed, most likely because the STJs in your life are demanding that you do, you're probably surpressing your Fi, and or Fe. This is what is causing your INTP results.

Keep in mind though, that you're in the process of developing your preferences, and will move around them quite a bit. All of this is normal.

And that is very similar preferences that are not clear enough to withstand a question or two of difference in your moods. It means you're well developed and balanced.

Well, in that case, I can forgive this typing confusion. Thanks VH :)

I can't find the original thread that contained this quiz, but it's the companion quiz to the one in this thread...

View attachment 1708

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Your Possible Type Code
According to the traditional sorting method of finding the most-used functional pairs (such as Fi-Ne), your type might be:
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Possible result: INFJ

[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]We are also trying a new sorting method to try to indicate best-fit type. This method is experimental and may not match your type. [/SIZE][/FONT]

Your Developmental Curve
This model attempts to graph a 'developmental curve'. Theoretically, people should choose simpler, less sophisticated aspects of the cognitive processes more often than they choose complex, more sophisticated aspects. The simpler aspects of each process are necessary to perform the more sophisticated aspects! However, because the phrases are in development, this measure has questionable validity.

Your self-assessment curve = -3.3

-- A curve less than 0 indicates you checked simpler phrases more often than sophisticated ones. This is expected, although a particularly low number (more than -10) might happen if the phrases were particularly unclear to you, or if you under-estimated your abilities.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Every time I tale this quiz, I feel like my Ne and Fi results are going to come out a lot higher than they do.

The results seem to be very close to the results I tend to get on the quiz for this thread, so I'm fairly certain I'm getting accurate assessments.

I did this test today. I'm not sure what it means. I think it looks strange. It might be that I'm overenthusiastic about the questions I can relate well to.

View attachment 1709

Your Possible Type Code:

According to the traditional sorting method of finding the most-used functional pairs (such as Fi-Ne), your type might be:

Possible result: INFJ

We are also trying a new sorting method to try to indicate best-fit type. This method is experimental and may not match your type.

Last edited:
I did this test today. I'm not sure what it means. I think it looks strange. It might be that I'm overenthusiastic about the questions I can relate well to.

That has happened to me before, I'm sure its a common occurrence.

That has happened to me before, I'm sure its a common occurrence.

This is very common in self assessment test results. The polarization might be exaggerated, but the function order results are probably quite accurate.

Sigh, LOL
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT]
mbti.jpg

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Your Possible Type Code[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]According to the traditional sorting method of finding the most-used functional pairs (such as Fi-Ne), your type might be:[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Possible result: ENFP[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]We are also trying a new sorting method to try to indicate best-fit type. This method is experimental and may not match your type. [/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Possible result: ENFP[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Your Developmental Curve[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]This model attempts to graph a 'developmental curve'. Theoretically, people should choose simpler, less sophisticated aspects of the cognitive processes more often than they choose complex, more sophisticated aspects. The simpler aspects of each process are necessary to perform the more sophisticated aspects! However, because the phrases are in development, this measure has questionable validity. [/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Your self-assessment curve = -0.9[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]-- A curve less than 0 indicates you checked simpler phrases more often than sophisticated ones. This is expected, although a particularly low number (more than -10) might happen if the phrases were particularly unclear to you, or if you under-estimated your abilities.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]-- A curve greater than 0 indicates you checked sophisticed phrases more often than simpler ones. This would be counter to a developmental model and might happen if many phrases are badly written or if you have over-estimated your capabilities.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Your Most-Used Processes[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Based on your response, these are your top three cognitive processes in use:[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]
Fi : Evaluating; considering importance and worth; reviewing for incongruity; evaluating something based on the truths on which it is based; clarifying values to achieve accord; deciding if something is of significance and worth standing up for.
[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Fe : Connecting; considering others and the group

Ni>Ti>Fe>Fi>Ne>Se>Te>Si[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Your Possible Type Code
[/SIZE][/FONT]

[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]We are also trying a new sorting method to try to indicate best-fit type. This method is experimental and may not match your type. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Your Most-Used Processes
Based on your response, these are your top three cognitive processes in use:

[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Ni : Foreseeing implications and likely effects without external data; realizing 'what will be'; conceptualizing new ways of seeing things; envisioning transformations; getting an image of profound meaning or far-reaching symbols.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Ti : Analyzing; categorizing; evaluating according to principles and whether something fits the framework or model; figuring out the principles on which something works; checking for inconsistencies; clarifying definitions to get more precision.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Fe : Connecting; considering others and the group—organizing to meet their needs and honor their values and feelings; maintaining societal, organizational, or group values; adjusting and accommodating others; deciding if something is appropriate or acceptable to others.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Your Developmental Report
Your pattern of responses indicates a developmental level in each cognitive processes. Since this is experimental, this report may be in error.

[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Si
You are generally not aware of engaing in this process. You find it bothersome and unhelpful from others and question its value. You may mistake its use for something else. You may avoid or try to shut down situations that involve this process.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Te
You notice this process and enjoy when others use it but only occassionally find yourself engaging in it. You may marvel at others who do it very well. It doesn't appear useful to you personally and can annoy you if others use it too much.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Se
You value this process as a helpful aid, even if you do not engage it that often. You trust it contributes to life, particularly when done by others who do the process well. You might recruit others to help you do this process for you.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Ti,Ne,Fi,Fe
You create value, aid others and get things done everyday using this process. You function well here, know all the ins and outs, strengths and limits of this process. You have made this process your own, something personal and unique to you.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Ni
You sustain and grow yourself and those around you long-term through this process. You are at your best, your peak creative and leadership moments when engaged in this process. This is a lead role; it is who you are and what you truly do.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
lol, Von, thanks for the test..I don't think I have taken this one much.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Last edited:
cogfunctions.jpg

Your Possible Type Code

Possible result: ENTJ

We are also trying a new sorting method to try to indicate best-fit type. This method is experimental and may not match your type.

Possible result: ENTJ

Your Developmental Curve
This model attempts to graph a 'developmental curve'. Theoretically, people should choose simpler, less sophisticated aspects of the cognitive processes more often than they choose complex, more sophisticated aspects. The simpler aspects of each process are necessary to perform the more sophisticated aspects! However, because the phrases are in development, this measure has questionable validity.

Your Most-Used Processes
Based on your response, these are your top three cognitive processes in use:

Ni : Foreseeing implications and likely effects without external data; realizing 'what will be'; conceptualizing new ways of seeing things; envisioning transformations; getting an image of profound meaning or far-reaching symbols.

Te : Ordering, segmenting; organizing for efficiency; systematizing; applying logic; structuring; checking for consequences; monitoring for standards or specifications being met; setting boundaries, guidelines, and parameters; deciding if something is working or not.

Ti : Analyzing; categorizing; evaluating according to principles and whether something fits the framework or model; figuring out the principles on which something works; checking for inconsistencies; clarifying definitions to get more precision.

These definitions are the copy protected material of Linda V. Berens and Telos Publications, Huntington Beach, CA and may not be used without the authors express written consent. All other material is the exclusive property of Dario Nardi, 2004 and may not be used without express written consent. Please contact us for permissions.

Your Developmental Report
Your pattern of responses indicates a developmental level in each cognitive processes. Since this is experimental, this report may be in error.

Se
You value this process as a helpful aid, even if you do not engage it that often. You trust it contributes to life, particularly when done by others who do the process well. You might recruit others to help you do this process for you.

Si,Fi
You actively use this process in your daily life as a useful tool or helpful aid. You could live without it but use definitely contributes to the what you do and who you are. You can work with others using this process, usually in a support role.

Fe
You create value, aid others and get things done everyday using this process. You function well here, know all the ins and outs, strengths and limits of this process. You have made this process your own, something personal and unique to you.

Ni,Ti,Te,Ne
You sustain and grow yourself and those around you long-term through this process. You are at your best, your peak creative and leadership moments when engaged in this process. This is a lead role; it is who you are and what you truly do.

Mmmm. I don't like these tests. Why is my Si higher than my Fi? :/

Last edited:
Mmmm. I don't like these tests. Why is my Si higher than my Fi? :/

Because one of the Si questions resonated more with you than the Fi questions.

What I'm wondering is how these results were interpreted as ENTJ, when they are clearly more of an INTJ hierarchy. Ni > Te > Fi > Se. Ni is dominant and Se is inferior. Te is greater than Fi. I'm not saying that you're an INTJ (though it's starting to look that way), but I'm saying that these results are much more INTJ than ENTJ.

Sometimes these tests boggle me. Other times, they're spot on.

Sigh, LOL
[/SIZE][/FONT]

mbti.jpg

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Your Possible Type Code[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]According to the traditional sorting method of finding the most-used functional pairs (such as Fi-Ne), your type might be:[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]We are also trying a new sorting method to try to indicate best-fit type. This method is experimental and may not match your type. [/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Your Developmental Curve[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]This model attempts to graph a 'developmental curve'. Theoretically, people should choose simpler, less sophisticated aspects of the cognitive processes more often than they choose complex, more sophisticated aspects. The simpler aspects of each process are necessary to perform the more sophisticated aspects! However, because the phrases are in development, this measure has questionable validity. [/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Your self-assessment curve = -0.9[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]-- A curve less than 0 indicates you checked simpler phrases more often than sophisticated ones. This is expected, although a particularly low number (more than -10) might happen if the phrases were particularly unclear to you, or if you under-estimated your abilities.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]-- A curve greater than 0 indicates you checked sophisticed phrases more often than simpler ones. This would be counter to a developmental model and might happen if many phrases are badly written or if you have over-estimated your capabilities.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Your Most-Used Processes[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Based on your response, these are your top three cognitive processes in use:[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]
Fi : Evaluating; considering importance and worth; reviewing for incongruity; evaluating something based on the truths on which it is based; clarifying values to achieve accord; deciding if something is of significance and worth standing up for.
[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Fe : Connecting; considering others and the group

That's what I would think.

More than a few times I got Ni > Fe > Ti > Se as an ENFJ result.

It seems a bit off, but I'm guessing the test is designed to bias in favor of extroversion if the results are close.

Ahh Ok, I'm surprise at how close mines was to INFJ(this is the closest I ever gotten)

Ni>Ti>Fe>Fi>Ne>Se>Te>Si

Perhaps I scored closer because this actually broke down different aspects of the functions instead of just comparing 2 scenarios which is hard to decide on or just giving me a limited amount of choices,

hahah ESFP!!!! lets go out and party!!!! whoahhh!!!!!

- [FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Se
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]- [FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Fe
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]- [FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Fi
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]- [FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Ni
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]- [FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Ne
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]- [FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Te
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]- [FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Ti
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]- [FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Si[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Not too many surprises here:

screencapturej.png

Your Possible Type Code
Possible result: INTJ

Ok..I analyzed the questions more deeply, to be honest, Some questions where phrased in ways that confused me or that I misunderstood as well as the fact that I was always stuck between 2 choices and I reconsidered a lot of my answers carefully, this took me a long time to complete and I find it to be accurate. I am pretty certain I'm an INFJ now.

Cognitive ProcessLevel of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use
)

Ni>Ti>Fe>Ne>Fi>Se>Te>Si

extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************* (19.1)
limited use

introverted Sensing (Si) ******* (7)
unused

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************* (33.4)
good use

introverted Intuiting (Ni) *************************************************** (51.5)
excellent use

extraverted Thinking (Te) ***************** (17.2)
limited use

introverted Thinking (Ti) ****************************************** (42.4)
excellent use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************ (36.3)
excellent use

introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************* (33.1)
good use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFJ
Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Feeling (Fe): Building trust through giving relationships. Empathically responding to others' needs and take on their needs and values as your own. Checking for respect and trust. Giving and receiving support to grow closer to people.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFJ, or INTP

Last edited:
Cognitive Process
Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)

extraverted Sensing (Se) **************************** (28.7)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************** (22.4)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************** (26.4)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************************************** (42.7)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *********************** (23.5)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************** (26.4)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************************** (35.6)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************** (34.7)
good use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Feeling (Fe): Building trust through giving relationships. Empathically responding to others' needs and take on their needs and values as your own. Checking for respect and trust. Giving and receiving support to grow closer to people.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFJ, or INTJ

In order, today's preferences are...

(Ni) ****************************************** (42.7)
(Fe) *********************************** (35.6)
(Fi) ********************************** (34.7)
(Se) **************************** (28.7)
(Ti) ************************** (26.4)
(Ne) ************************** (26.4)
(Te) *********************** (23.5)
(Si) ********************** (22.4)

Last edited: