Cognitive Processes | Page 16 | INFJ Forum

Cognitive Processes

Your Ne and Fi far override Ni and Fe, so this result is VERY clearly INFP. However, I personally disagree with these results, as I have felt you are more INFJ. These results are always in some kind of flux, so it could be a mood effect.

Your Ne and Fi far override Ni and Fe, so this result is VERY clearly INFP. However, I personally disagree with these results, as I have felt you are more INFJ. These results are always in some kind of flux, so it could be a mood effect.

I agree with you. I tend to feel that my Ni/Ne and Fe/Fi are fairly close with the Ni/Fe having the upper hand--which is only somewhat reflected in this test. I strongly identify much more with the INFJ description than any other--although INFP would be second. I have read most of this thread and it seems mood affects this test. Many have gotten different results (by far) simply by taking it a a differnent time. This is not totally invalid, but is a secondary type for me I think. I am in a weird time right now too. Stress.......

Last edited:
This is not totally invalid, but is a secondary type for me I think. I am in a weird time right now too. Stress.......

Just to point out, I go through phases where I test Fi/Ne dominant (INFP), and can pretty accurately recall moments were I was Ne/Fi (ENFP), and of course Fe/Ni (ENFJ). Each is a different mindset which I slowly learned to develop.

As NF types, I really feel that we develop all four of our N and F functions eventually, as a reaction to the stresses of life.

As INFJs, we begin to develop ENFP functions when we go into our adaptive mode, which will give us access to our INFP mode when we shadow introverted, just as we can develop an ENFJ mode when we are our base selves but leaning extroverted. As we get older, these developments become more and more balanced.

Just to point out, I go through phases where I test Fi/Ne dominant (INFP), and can pretty accurately recall moments were I was Ne/Fi (ENFP), and of course Fe/Ni (ENFJ). Each is a different mindset which I slowly learned to develop.

As NF types, I really feel that we develop all four of our N and F functions eventually, as a reaction to the stresses of life.

As INFJs, we begin to develop ENFP functions when we go into our adaptive mode, which will give us access to our INFP mode when we shadow introverted, just as we can develop an ENFJ mode when we are our base selves but leaning extroverted. As we get older, these developments become more and more balanced.

That all makes a lot of sense VH. Thanks once again for your insight into the different functions. I totally agree that my Ni/Ne/Fe/Fi are much more developed than any of my S/T functions. Although I can utilize Ti effectively with effort.

Cognitive ProcessLevel of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)

extraverted Sensing (Se) *********************** (23.3)
limited use

introverted Sensing (Si) ***** (5.1)
unused

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************* (33.3)
good use

introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************************* (45.5)
excellent use

extraverted Thinking (Te) *************** (15.1)
unused

introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************************* (45.5)
excellent use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************************************* (45.5)
excellent use

introverted Feeling (Fi) *************************** (27.1)
average use

Summary Analysis of Profile

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFJ
Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Feeling (Fe): Building trust through giving relationships. Empathically responding to others' needs and take on their needs and values as your own. Checking for respect and trust. Giving and receiving support to grow closer to people.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFJ, or INTP

Hmm this is very weird...I guess it's my Happy Mood.

extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************************* (33.5)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) ****************************** (30.9)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) **************************** (28.2)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************ (36.5)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************* (19)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ****************************** (30.4)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ***************************** (29.4)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************** (32.3)
good use

I think i am Extroverted person. What do you think?

Last edited:
extraverted Sensing (Se) ****************** (18.4)
limited use

introverted Sensing (Si) *************************** (27.7)
average use

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************** (26.3)
average use

introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************** (32.3)
good use

extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************ (24.6)
average use

introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************* (37.3)
excellent use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************************* (33.4)
good use

introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************************** (40.4)
excellent use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP

Lead (Dominant) Process

Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

I tried to be as honest with myself as possible on this one.

Last edited:
I read somewhere that P's tend to project themselves as the opposite of their 3rd trait whereas J's tend to project what they truly are. So my being a P would in turn make me project myself as a T rather than an F, has anyone heard of this before?

I read somewhere that P's tend to project themselves as the opposite of their 3rd trait whereas J's tend to project what they truly are. So my being a P would in turn make me project myself as a T rather than an F, has anyone heard of this before?

There was a thread posted about this in another forum I am on early today. Here is the excerpt I read.

"
Feeling vs Thinking. Thinkers lead with their heads, Feelers with their hearts, but this is only a straight forward matter when you deal with Judgers. Judgers actually project their true Feeling vs. Thinking nature to the world. Perceivers project the OPPOSITE and this makes them tougher to read. "

If this is true it might be why I act like an F on occasions. But, I am honestly not sure.

Anyone got more insight on this?

(Se) ********************** (22.3)
(Si) ********************** (22.2)
(Ne) ************************************** (38.5)
(Ni) ************************************ (36.4)
(Te) ********************** (22.1)
(Ti) *********************** (23.3)
(Fe) ************************************* (37.5)
(Fi) ************************************** (38.5)

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENFP

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: INFP, or ENFJ

:D I guess I'm feeling kind of E today.

INTP? wtf? am I borderline?

- [FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Fi
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]- [FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Ti
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]- [FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Ne
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]- [FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Se
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]- [FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Te
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]- [FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Ni
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]- [FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Fe
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]- [FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Si
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Your Possible Type Code
According to the traditional sorting method of finding the most-used functional pairs (such as Fi-Ne), your type might be:
Possible result: INTP

We are also trying a new sorting method to try to indicate best-fit type. This method is experimental and may not match your type.
Possible result: INTP

Your Developmental Curve
This model attempts to graph a 'developmental curve'. Theoretically, people should choose simpler, less sophisticated aspects of the cognitive processes more often than they choose complex, more sophisticated aspects. The simpler aspects of each process are necessary to perform the more sophisticated aspects! However, because the phrases are in development, this measure has questionable validity.

Your self-assessment curve = 1.3

-- A curve less than 0 indicates you checked simpler phrases more often than sophisticated ones. This is expected, although a particularly low number (more than -10) might happen if the phrases were particularly unclear to you, or if you under-estimated your abilities.

-- A curve greater than 0 indicates you checked sophisticed phrases more often than simpler ones. This would be counter to a developmental model and might happen if many phrases are badly written or if you have over-estimated your capabilities.

Your Most-Used Processes
Based on your response, these are your top three cognitive processes in use:

Fi : Evaluating; considering importance and worth; reviewing for incongruity; evaluating something based on the truths on which it is based; clarifying values to achieve accord; deciding if something is of significance and worth standing up for.
Ti : Analyzing; categorizing; evaluating according to principles and whether something fits the framework or model; figuring out the principles on which something works; checking for inconsistencies; clarifying definitions to get more precision.
Ne : Interpreting situations and relationships; picking up meanings and interconnections; being drawn to change 'what is' for 'what could possibly be'; noticing what is not said and threads of meaning emerging across multiple contexts.
These definitions are the copy protected material of Linda V. Berens and Telos Publications, Huntington Beach, CA and may not be used without the authors express written consent. All other material is the exclusive property of Dario Nardi, 2004 and may not be used without express written consent. Please contact us for permissions.

Your Developmental Report
Your pattern of responses indicates a developmental level in each cognitive processes. Since this is experimental, this report may be in error.

Si,Fe
You create value, aid others and get things done everyday using this process. You function well here, know all the ins and outs, strengths and limits of this process. You have made this process your own, something personal and unique to you.
Ni,Ti,Te,Se,Ne,Fi
You sustain and grow yourself and those around you long-term through this process. You are at your best, your peak creative and leadership moments when engaged in this process. This is a lead role; it is who you are and what you truly do.

[/SIZE][/FONT]

nope am INFJ>>

Your Type is
INFJ
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
Strength of the preferences %
89 62 12 44

There was a thread posted about this in another forum I am on early today. Here is the excerpt I read.

"
Feeling vs Thinking. Thinkers lead with their heads, Feelers with their hearts, but this is only a straight forward matter when you deal with Judgers. Judgers actually project their true Feeling vs. Thinking nature to the world. Perceivers project the OPPOSITE and this makes them tougher to read. "

If this is true it might be why I act like an F on occasions. But, I am honestly not sure.

Anyone got more insight on this?

I'll take a stab at it, though I may not be actually answering your question.

INTP = Ne Ti Fe Si

Your primary perception function is Ne, and your primary judging (as in decision-making) function is Ti. Ti is introverted (and tends to be concrete). Fe is extroverted (and tends to be abstract - ie relationships with others). In a group setting, you may be utilizing Fe more than Ti for decision-making, and that can make you look more F-like. When you're alone, you likely use Ti far more than Fe as Ti is introverted (aka - just you).

Was I on track with that?

According to the test my functional order is:
Ni>Fi=Ti>Ne>Fe>Te=Si>Se

The corresponding development report:

Te,Si,Se
You notice this process and enjoy when others use it but only occassionally find yourself engaging in it. You may marvel at others who do it very well. It doesn't appear useful to you personally and can annoy you if others use it too much.

Fe
You actively use this process in your daily life as a useful tool or helpful aid. You could live without it but use definitely contributes to the what you do and who you are. You can work with others using this process, usually in a support role.

Ni,Ti,Ne,Fi
You sustain and grow yourself and those around you long-term through this process. You are at your best, your peak creative and leadership moments when engaged in this process. This is a lead role; it is who you are and what you truly do.

I tried to be as polar as possible in this test. I am pretty emotional right now and THIS I think is what it looks like when I overestimate my Fi. I understand better my spontaneity and my perception through my senses and I tried to be more accurate.

extraverted Sensing (Se) ****************************** (30.3)
good use

introverted Sensing (Si) *************************** (27.1)
average use

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************ (24.3)
average use

introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************** (32.1)
good use

extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************* (26)
average use

introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************** (26.9)
average use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************** (23.2)
limited use

introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************************** (50.7)
excellent use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ISFP
Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Extraverted Sensing (Se): Immersing in the present context. Responding naturally to everything tangible you detect through your senses. Checking with what your gut instincts say. Testing limits and take risks for big rewards.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ESFP, or INFP

If these results are different from what you know of yourself, you might consider why your developmental pattern does not align with your expectation. You might also consider exploring this result as a possible better fit.

I tried to be as polar as possible in this test. I am pretty emotional right now and THIS I think is what it looks like when I overestimate my Fi. I understand better my spontaneity and my perception through my senses and I tried to be more accurate.

extraverted Sensing (Se) ****************************** (30.3)
good use

introverted Sensing (Si) *************************** (27.1)
average use

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************ (24.3)
average use

introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************** (32.1)
good use

extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************* (26)
average use

introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************** (26.9)
average use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************** (23.2)
limited use

introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************************** (50.7)
excellent use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ISFP
Lead (Dominant) Process

Extraverted Sensing (Se): Immersing in the present context. Responding naturally to everything tangible you detect through your senses. Checking with what your gut instincts say. Testing limits and take risks for big rewards.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ESFP, or INFP

If these results are different from what you know of yourself, you might consider why your developmental pattern does not align with your expectation. You might also consider exploring this result as a possible better fit.

Yup, your indeed an ISFP..I just did not see you as ST as from what I seen in your posts and eve your video..I think ISFP's are awesome, they seem nice and can be quite intuitive, they are very sweet..

Reactions: NeverAmI
extraverted Sensing (Se) **************** (16.3)
limited use

introverted Sensing (Si) *** (3.2)
unused

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *************************************** (39.6)
excellent use

introverted Intuiting (Ni) ***************************************************** (53.1)
excellent use

extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************** (22.7)
limited use

introverted Thinking (Ti) **************************************** (40.5)
excellent use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************************* (31.6)
good use

introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************* (33.4)
good use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFJ
Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

Extraverted Feeling (Fe): Building trust through giving relationships. Empathically responding to others' needs and take on their needs and values as your own. Checking for respect and trust. Giving and receiving support to grow closer to people.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFJ, or INTP

The Four Temperaments
Corresponding best-fit temperaments based on your profile: Catalyst; secondly Theorist; then Improviser; and lastly, Stabilizer.
To read more about the four temperaments click here.

starting my 16th year as INFJ..

Last edited:
extraverted Sensing (Se) ***************** (17.1)
limited useintroverted Sensing (Si) *********************************** (35.4)
good useextraverted Intuiting (Ne) ***************************************** (41.8)
excellent useintroverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************* (37.6)
excellent useextraverted Thinking (Te) ********* (9.2)
unusedintroverted Thinking (Ti) ************ (12.2)
unusedextraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************* (37.8)
excellent useintroverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************************ (48.7)
excellent use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP
Lead (Dominant) Process

Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFP, or INFJ

Last edited:
I took the same test but it didnt give me numbers...

I gave me bars with what is more used... the order was

Ni > Fe > Si > Ti > Se > Fi > (Te = Ne)