Cognitive Processes | Page 12 | INFJ Forum

Cognitive Processes

Assumption is why. MBTI isn't exact, and the details of the system are very theoretical. I think Von Hase has a good grip on it when he states that one is 'NF' first. INFJ would be 'introverted NF with a judging bias'. Not Ni Fe Ti Se Ne Fi Te Si like the current theory states.

To expand. You favor Introversion. You are NF because those are the most developed characteristics. Now, Ni is strongest which suggests INFJ, but I think the best way to decide between INFJ and INFP would be to refer to tests that actually test the judging/perceiving bias.

Either way from those lines I say INFJ or INFP.

That's what's confusing though. INFJ's are said to be the most P and less J of all the J types, many of our J scores borderline and we sometimes get INFP in those regular tests.

I tend to score high on both as well, it is a bit confusing, I think the same can be applied for any of this scenarios(Fe-Fi,Ne-Ni,Si-Se,Ti-Te).. this gets me very confused because then I feel like I might just be one of those that can't be typed. Then we get into the cognitive functions, apparently having 2 introverted functions as primary is not normal much less 3 or vice versa(I sometimes get this), I guess the system is still being perfected.

Yes, in a way it would be comforting to be a pure INFJ, but I also really like my Ne, so I'm happy with that. At this point I think I'm about 50% INFJ, 30% INFP and 20% INTJ (if that is at all possible.)
Posted via Mobile Device

By those results you are unlikely an INFJ, and as the test predicted an INFP (and an extremely introverted one at that).

I think you are right. I took the test and came up as INFP. Off to change my type....:m159:

extraverted Sensing (Se) ********** (10.3)
unused

introverted Sensing (Si) ******* (7.5)
unused

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************ (36.9)
excellent use

introverted Intuiting (Ni) **************************************************** (52.3)
excellent use

extraverted Thinking (Te) **************************** (28)
average use

introverted Thinking (Ti) **************************************** (40.8)
excellent use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************************* (33.8)
good use

introverted Feeling (Fi) ****************************** (30.4)
good use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFJ
Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Feeling (Fe): Building trust through giving relationships. Empathically responding to others' needs and take on their needs and values as your own. Checking for respect and trust. Giving and receiving support to grow closer to people.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFJ, or INTJ

This time it's

Ni>Ti>Ne>Fe>Fi>Te>Se>Si

Hmm

I guess it has to do with my increase in Fe..The INTP and INFJ type(for my spread) seem to be very related. specially if such small difference in a gradual increase of Fe changed my outcome.

Last edited:
Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************* (19.3)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************ (24)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) **************************************** (40.3)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) **************************************** (40.5)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************************* (33.2)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ***************************************** (41.7)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) **************** (16.3)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************ (24.9)
average use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Thinking (Ti): Gaining leverage (influence) using a framework. Detaching to study a situation from different angles and fit it to a theory, framework or principle. Checking for accuracy. Using leverage to solve the problem.

Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTP, or INTJ

If these results are different from what you know of yourself, you might consider why your developmental pattern does not align with your expectation. You might also consider exploring this result as a possible better fit.

The Four Temperaments
Corresponding best-fit temperaments based on your profile: Theorist; secondly Catalyst; then Improviser; and lastly, Stabilizer.
To read more about the four temperaments

----

Yeahhh... That's the results I received on Friday.

Took this again:

extraverted Sensing (Se) ****************** (18.4)
limited use

introverted Sensing (Si) ******************* (19.2)
limited use

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************************** (30.7)
good use

introverted Intuiting (Ni) *************************************** (39.7)
excellent use

extraverted Thinking (Te) *********************** (23.3)
limited use

introverted Thinking (Ti) ***************************** (29.6)
average use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************** (38.6)
excellent use

introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************************** (40.5)
excellent use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

Extraverted Feeling (Fe): Building trust through giving relationships. Empathically responding to others' needs and take on their needs and values as your own. Checking for respect and trust. Giving and receiving support to grow closer to people.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFJ, or INFP

Decided to retake after a depression breakout which put my type in doubt.

extraverted Sensing (Se) ******** (8.2)
unused

introverted Sensing (Si) ******* (7.3)
unused

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************************* (43.7)
excellent use

introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************************** (50)
excellent use

extraverted Thinking (Te) *********************** (23.7)
limited use

introverted Thinking (Ti) ***************************************** (41.6)
excellent use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************************** (32.6)
good use

introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************* (33.3)
good use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTP
Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Thinking (Ti): Gaining leverage (influence) using a framework. Detaching to study a situation from different angles and fit it to a theory, framework or principle. Checking for accuracy. Using leverage to solve the problem.

Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTP, or INFJ

If these results are different from what you know of yourself, you might consider why your developmental pattern does not align with your expectation. You might also consider exploring this result as a possible better fit.
The Four Temperaments
Corresponding best-fit temperaments based on your profile: Catalyst; secondly Theorist; then Improviser; and lastly, Stabilizer.
To read more about the four temperaments click here.

Last edited:
Wow, that's crazy how much the depression changes ya Raccoon.

Cognitive ProcessLevel of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************* (21.6)
limited use

introverted Sensing (Si) ************************* (25)
average use

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************* (37.2)
excellent use

introverted Intuiting (Ni) *************************************** (39.1)
excellent use

extraverted Thinking (Te) ************** (14.9)
unused

introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************** (23.6)
limited use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************* (37.2)
excellent use

introverted Feeling (Fi) ***************************************** (41.2)
excellent use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP
Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFP, or INFJ

Last edited:
You always have stuck me more as an INFP Fly Away.

The way you present yourself on the forum, the observations I have just made. You seem much more like a P type then a J type, and that test result points to that.

So I decided to do this test again...

Your Cognitive Development Profile

The forty-eight questions you rated earlier tap into the eight cognitive processes. Some questions tapped into basic or developed use of a process used by itself, while other questions tapped into use of multiple processes at once. The profile below is based on your responses. The number of squares indicate strength of response. The equivalent numeric is shown in parentheses along with likely level of development.

extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************** (22.2)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************* (19.4)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************** (26.5)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************ (36.6)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************* (37.5)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************************** (35.5)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************************** (35.5)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *************************** (27.2)
average use
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENTJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
Extraverted Thinking (Te): Measuring and constructing for progress. Making decisions objectively based on evidence and measures. Checking if things function properly. Applying a procedure to control events and complete goals.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: INTJ, or ENFJ

.... And this the second time I got ENTJ on this test. (Apparently it wasn't a very Fe day last time... hence the INTP, but I definitely have a good Fe. I don't need a test to tell me that.)

This was last time:
extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************** (20.1)
limited useintroverted Sensing (Si) ***************************** (29.2)
average useextraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************** (26.1)
average useintroverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************** (32.9)
good useextraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************* (37.3)
excellent useintroverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************************* (43.3)
excellent useextraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************** (23.8)
limited useintroverted Feeling (Fi) **************************(27.9)
average use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTJ
Lead (Dominant) Process

Extraverted Thinking (Te): Measuring and constructing for progress. Making decisions objectively based on evidence and measures. Checking if things function properly. Applying a procedure to control events and complete goals.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTJ, or INTP

The Four Temperaments
Corresponding best-fit temperaments based on your profile: Theorist; secondly Stabilizer; then Improviser; and lastly, Catalyst.
To read more about the four temperaments click here.

Oh for crying out loud, all of these tests are typing me differently. :help:

The way you present yourself on the forum, the observations I have just made. You seem much more like a P type then a J type, and that test result points to that.

hmmmm, when i first joined here i had to figure out if i was a j or a p, i can be disorganized at times physically, like my desk can be a mess sometimes, almost an organized mess though lol, but anyways that made me think i was a p, i plan ahead a lot and am usually more comfortable after having made a decision rather than not having an answer, i procrastinate all the time but i'm also very punctual, i can also be very flexible with some things, which is kinda Pish, but there are certain things i'm very stubborn with. my openmindedness might make me seem like a p but that's because i like learning. hmmm....

i feel more infjish, idk, i could be wrong.

here are some other results:

http://forum.infjs.com/showpost.php?p=170347&postcount=4
http://forum.infjs.com/showpost.php?p=169271&postcount=68

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************** (14.7)
unusedintroverted Sensing (Si) ***************************** (29.4)
average useextraverted Intuiting (Ne) **************************** (28.9)
average useintroverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************* (37.2)
excellent useextraverted Thinking (Te) ********************************** (34.3)
good useintroverted Thinking (Ti) ********************** (22.7)
limited useextraverted Feeling (Fe) ****************************************** (42.3)
excellent useintroverted Feeling (Fi) ****************************** (30.9)
good use

I guess this is quite accurately since I consider myself quite healthy emotionally in this moment.

hmmmm, when i first joined here i had to figure out if i was a j or a p, i can be disorganized at times physically, like my desk can be a mess sometimes, almost an organized mess though lol, but anyways that made me think i was a p, i plan ahead a lot and am usually more comfortable after having made a decision rather than not having an answer, i procrastinate all the time but i'm also very punctual, i can also be very flexible with some things, which is kinda Pish, but there are certain things i'm very stubborn with. my openmindedness might make me seem like a p but that's because i like learning. hmmm....

i feel more infjish, idk, i could be wrong.

here are some other results:

http://forum.infjs.com/showpost.php?p=170347&postcount=4
http://forum.infjs.com/showpost.php?p=169271&postcount=68

I don't know, fly away. Your Fi is much stronger than your Fe. Immensely so. And according to these tests, your Ti is a bit weak too.

INFP's order of preferences are Fi, Ne, Si Te,

INFJ's order of preferences are Ni, Fe, Ti, Se.

Your Ne and your Ni both have strong use, but it seems that your stronger Fi and weaker Ti are your tipping point toward INFP. Theoretically, of course.

You're still the best judge of your type... but that Fi of yours is crazy strong.

Last edited:
Yeah, Fly Away I am pretty certain you are INFP, not INFJ. In the end though, you are your best judge.

And TDHT, you do seem like an ENTJ from those results, but you bounce around between ENTJ and INFJ quite often, and not able to determine which you are. Your Fe score is rather low though. An interesting note, ENTJ's appear the least extroverted out of all the E types.

Yeah, Fly Away I am pretty certain you are INFP, not INFJ. In the end though, you are your best judge.

And TDHT, you do seem like an ENTJ from those results, but you bounce around between ENTJ and INFJ quite often, and not able to determine which you are. Your Fe score is rather low though. An interesting note, ENTJ's appear the least extroverted out of all the E types.

I don't know what is up with my Fe on this particular test but I'm pretty sure it isn't that low in practice.

Interesting that the ENTJ's are the least extroverted of the types, but I definitely do not relate to the profile...

*one shoulder shrug*

Thanks for looking at this though, Indigo. :)

Updated

Very interesting:

extraverted Sensing (Se) ******* (7.2)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) *************************************** (39.9)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *************************** (27.5)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************************** (46.8)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************* (37.8)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ***************** (17.2)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ****************************************** (42.9)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************* (21.5)
limited use

I don't know, fly away. Your Fi is much stronger than your Fe. Immensely so. And according to these tests, your Ti is a bit weak too.

INFP's order of preferences are Fi, Ne, Si Te,

INFJ's order of preferences are Ni, Fe, Ti, Se.

Your Ne and your Ni both have strong use, but it seems that your stronger Fi and weaker Ti are your tipping point toward INFP. Theoretically, of course.

You're still the best judge of your type... but that Fi of yours is crazy strong.

hmmmm, you guys have good observations, thanks, this is very interesting, please vote in my poll: http://forum.infjs.com/showthread.php?t=6234