Cognitive Processes | Page 11 | INFJ Forum

Cognitive Processes

Well, this is interesting...

Cognitive Process Level of Development
(Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)

introverted Feeling (Fi)********************************* (43.2)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni)***************************** (39)
excellent use

extraverted Intuiting (Ne)************************ (34.1)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe)******************** (30)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti)****************** (28)
average use

extraverted Sensing (Se)************** (24.1)
average use

introverted Sensing (Si)********** (20.9)
limited use
extraverted Thinking (Te)********** (20.9)
limited use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation

Last edited:
Cognitive Process Level of Development
(Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)

introverted Feeling (Fi)********************************* (43.2)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni)***************************** (39)
excellent use

extraverted Intuiting (Ne)************************ (34.1)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe)******************** (30)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti)****************** (28)
average use

extraverted Sensing (Se)************** (24.1)
average use

introverted Sensing (Si)********** (20.9)
limited use
extraverted Thinking (Te)********** (20.9)
limited use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFP, or INFJ

I might have to kick myself out of the INFJ club, hehe.

I think the difference was close though, was it because you scored slightly lowered in Fe(Our secondary function) than Ne(INFP's secondary function)?..I'm still trying to figure out how this cognitive processes work..

Edit:Decided to retake mines:

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************ (12.9)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) *********** (11.9)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************ (36.4)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************************ (48.5)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *************************** (27.2)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************* (37.3)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************************** (32.2)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************** (34)
good use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFJ
Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

Extraverted Feeling (Fe): Building trust through giving relationships. Empathically responding to others' needs and take on their needs and values as your own. Checking for respect and trust. Giving and receiving support to grow closer to people.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFJ, or INTJ

what worries me is that my results seem to be a little exaggerated, ignoring both sensing functions completely and over achieving in all the other functions.

Last edited:
I think the difference was close though, was it because you scored slightly lowered in Fe(Our secondary function) than Ne(INFP's secondary function)?..I'm still trying to figure out how this cognitive processes work..

Jungian psychology is a very adaptive set of theories, and the cognitive functions are also quite nebulous. For example, the Feeling functions are sometimes described as purely emotional reasoning while at other times as philosophical reasoning and other times abstract reasoning. In essence, from what I can derive, they're all of these. But, there is a lot of differing opinion on what they are and how they work.

There are some good resources on them on the internet. It just takes some digging.

The only one I have bookmarked is this link to some Lenore Thomson based work, and I wouldn't suggest it to someone who is new to these concepts, as Lenore Thomson honestly doesn't seem to fully understand what she is talking about and makes a lot of conjecture.

This quiz is another cognitive function test, that gives away the areas it is assessing. That actually might help you understand them better by seeing some areas in which they are measured.

I'm personally more interested in how this test derives type based on the function results. I don't think it is as simplistic as finding the highest function, then the next closest function that can pair with it. I've gotten an ENFJ result before when my Ni was higher than Fe.

Your Cognitive Development Profile
The forty-eight questions you rated earlier tap into the eight cognitive processes. Some questions tapped into basic or developed use of a process used by itself, while other questions tapped into use of multiple processes at once. The profile below is based on your responses. The number of squares indicate strength of response. The equivalent numeric is shown in parentheses along with likely level of development.
Cognitive ProcessLevel of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)

extraverted Sensing (Se) *************************** (27.1)
average use

introverted Sensing (Si) ****************** (18.5)
limited use

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************* (25.9)
average use

introverted Intuiting (Ni) **************************************** (40.2)
excellent use

extraverted Thinking (Te) *********************** (23.8)
limited use

introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************* (33)
good use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************************** (32.9)
good use

introverted Feeling (Fi) *************************************** (39)
excellent use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFJ
Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

Extraverted Feeling (Fe): Building trust through giving relationships. Empathically responding to others' needs and take on their needs and values as your own. Checking for respect and trust. Giving and receiving support to grow closer to people.

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************************* (37.1)
excellent use

introverted Sensing (Si) ********************** (22.5)
limited use

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************ (37)
excellent use

introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************* (31.6)
good use

extraverted Thinking (Te) *************** (15.4)
unused

introverted Thinking (Ti) ***************** (17.9)
limited use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************************** (32.7)
good use

introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************************** (46.2)
excellent use

hahah ESFP, think this test is a bit bogus!

Last edited:
extraverted Sensing (Se) ****************** (18.4) limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ****************************** (30.4) good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************************** (30.7) good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************* (33.8) good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************* (21.3) limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *************************** (27.6) average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************************************* (43.9) excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************** (34.5) good use

Lead (Dominant) Process

**** Hey Von Hase, can you throw me together one of those awesome graphs you made up above for yourself? If it isn't too much trouble that is. It looks great! :)

there we go ENFP! some of those questions were vague it does take two goes for me anyhows

extraverted Sensing (Se) ****************************** (30.8)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) ****************** (18.3)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************************** (44)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************** (38.8)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************** (14.4)
unused
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********** (10.8)
unused
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************ (36.7)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************************************** (47)
excellent use

Last edited:
Your Cognitive Development Profile
The forty-eight questions you rated earlier tap into the eight cognitive processes. Some questions tapped into basic or developed use of a process used by itself, while other questions tapped into use of multiple processes at once. The profile below is based on your responses. The number of squares indicate strength of response. The equivalent numeric is shown in parentheses along with likely level of development.

Cognitive ProcessLevel of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************* (19.3)
limited useintroverted Sensing (Si) ********************************** (34.3)
good useextraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************* (25.4)
average useintroverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************* (37.4)
excellent useextraverted Thinking (Te) *************************** (27.4)
average useintroverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************** (34.2)
good useextraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************* (21.3)
limited useintroverted Feeling (Fi) ***************************************** (41.5)
excellent useSummary Analysis of Profile
Lead (Dominant) Process

Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation​

By those results you are unlikely an INFJ, and as the test predicted an INFP (and an extremely introverted one at that).

By those results you are unlikely an INFJ, and as the test predicted an INFP (and an extremely introverted one at that).

I think Solongo might be having an off night. She certainly seems INFJ to me.

Yeah, looking at it again it actually doesn't seem to fit any set. I would retake it again in a few days.

extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************* (19.5)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ***************************** (29.6)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************* (37)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************* (33.5)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *************** (15.3)
unused
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************* (33.8)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************************** (35.8)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************************** (35.7)
good use

Any body like to explain this to me, I'm new Jungian types

extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************* (19.5)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ***************************** (29.6)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************* (37)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************* (33.5)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *************** (15.3)
unused
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************* (33.8)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************************** (35.8)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************************** (35.7)
good use

Any body like to explain this to me, I'm new Jungian types

did you read below? it should have said your likely type, and 2 other possibilities...you need to scroll down. This seems very INFJ'ish but you have an unusual high Extroverted Intuition for an INFJ, it being your primary which might be sort of conflicting.

Last edited:
did you read below? it should have said your likely type, and 2 other possibilities...you need to scroll down. This seems very INFJ'ish but you have an unusual high Extroverted Intuition for an INFJ, it being your primary which might be sort of conflicting.

this score may be a little biased, the first time I took the pen and paper test I new nothing of the results until I looked at them. I answered casually as if it were just my normal decisions. Times after I tend to second guess myself and score lower or higher on specifics.

this score may be a little biased, the first time I took the pen and paper test I new nothing of the results until I looked at them. I answered casually as if it were just my normal decisions. Times after I tend to second guess myself and score lower or higher on specifics.

that is understandable, us INFJ's tend o do that, and we sometimes get to deep into analyzing every single question, just be yourself though and try to be as truthful as possible. Now, Judging from your result you would have a typical INFJ spread, except that your extroverted intuition function(Ne) is higher than all your other functions, which can be pretty contradicting, i suggest retaking the test a second time, to see if this result is constant or if they are based because of your current mood/ indecision..this happens to me often as well that's why Im usually mistyped as anything INXX but after some analyzing..I know Im not a NT type, but INFJ and INFP still confuse me.

extraverted Sensing (Se) ******* (7.9)
unused

introverted Sensing (Si) ********* (9.1)
unused

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************************* (43.8)
excellent use

introverted Intuiting (Ni) *********************************************** (47.7)
excellent use

extraverted Thinking (Te) *********************** (23.4)
limited use

introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************** (38.4)
excellent use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) **************************** (28.4)
average use

introverted Feeling (Fi) ***************************************** (41.3)
excellent use

Lead (Dominant) Process

Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFP, or INTP

retook.........

Last edited:
This may be a basic question, but I'm curious why strong Ni + strong Ne is considered contradictive. I'm reading some books on this, but I'd like to know what you guys think. I think I'm like that btw.
Posted via Mobile Device

This may be a basic question, but I'm curious why strong Ni + strong Ne is considered contradictive. I'm reading some books on this, but I'd like to know what you guys think. I think I'm like that btw.
Posted via Mobile Device

I tend to score high on both as well, it is a bit confusing, I think the same can be applied for any of this scenarios(Fe-Fi,Ne-Ni,Si-Se,Ti-Te).. this gets me very confused because then I feel like I might just be one of those that can't be typed. Then we get into the cognitive functions, apparently having 2 introverted functions as primary is not normal much less 3 or vice versa(I sometimes get this), I guess the system is still being perfected.

Assumption is why. MBTI isn't exact, and the details of the system are very theoretical. I think Von Hase has a good grip on it when he states that one is 'NF' first. INFJ would be 'introverted NF with a judging bias'. Not Ni Fe Ti Se Ne Fi Te Si like the current theory states.

To expand. You favor Introversion. You are NF because those are the most developed characteristics. Now, Ni is strongest which suggests INFJ, but I think the best way to decide between INFJ and INFP would be to refer to tests that actually test the judging/perceiving bias.

Either way from those lines I say INFJ or INFP.

Last edited:
Assumption is why. MBTI isn't exact, and the details of the system are very theoretical. I think Von Hase has a good grip on it when he states that one is 'NF' first. INFJ would be 'introverted NF with a judging bias'. Not Ni Fe Ti Se Ne Fi Te Si like the current theory states.

To expand. You favor Introversion. You are NF because those are the most developed characteristics. Now, Ni is strongest which suggests INFJ, but I think the best way to decide between INFJ and INFP would be to refer to tests that actually test the judging/perceiving bias.

Either way from those lines I say INFJ or INFP.
Okay, looking over your lines again you are Introverted N>F>T>S. That's INFJ. :hug: