Bubbliness | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Bubbliness

Would you/your friends describe you as bubbly?

• ENFJ- not bubbly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENFP- not bubbly

• ENTJ- bubbly

• ENTJ- not bubbly

• INTJ- bubbly

• INTJ- not bubbly

• ENTP- bubbly

• INTP- bubbly

• ESFJ- bubbly

• ESFJ- not bubbly

• ISFJ- bubbly

• ISFJ- not bubbly

• ESFP- bubbly

• ISFP- bubbly

• ISFP- not bubbly

• ESTJ- bubbly

• ESTJ- not bubbly

• ISTJ- bubbly

• ISTJ- not bubbly

• ESTP- bubbly

• ESTP- not bubbly

• ISTP- bubbly

• ISTP- not bubbly

• who cares?

• Total voters
fly away - ENFJ .. now i'm not allowed to talk thrash about ENFJs anymore :<

I am only emotionally flat when I am in a new environment. Once I feel ok I am much more warm and variable with the way I present myself.

I am only emotionally flat when I am in a new environment. Once I feel ok I am much more warm and variable with the way I present myself.

+1

Bubbliness is not an INFJ thing, is it? I was wondering which of the types were bubblier than others. Please answer the poll which will be attached shortly.

Are you bubbly? My mother is constantly reminding me that in social situations that involve adults, I need to be more personable and polite because I can come across as if "I do not want to be bothered". It's partially true, because I don't feel comfortable around adults. If I am around friends, though, I can seem pretty extroverted, although I wouldn't call that bubbly. It's more "carefree" (not that an Ni dominant is likely to be completely carefree).

Do your friends describe you as bubbly? No. They describe me as pretty bleh and even a little serious/coldish from a distance. They know they people who don't know me well mistake me for critical or rude.

Is it something conscious or something you can't really control?

Usually not concious. I know it is terrible but I sort of loathe bubbliness.
People aren't going to get the right message out of it, especially since it
does not always equate to kindness. Same with manners. While I do not
discourage the use of manners, because pleases and thank yous are indeed, nice, I do have my skepticism about them; I have known children with impeccable manners that are bossy and inconsiderate.

thank you for your input midnightmelody

it does not equate to kindness, i think its just energy, a lot of energy that you get especially when you interact with others who you're pretty comfortable around, even sometimes those you aren't necessarily too comfortable around. and i agree, its different from being carefree. they are not the same thing.

i don't think bubbliness is intentional, so its different from the fake manners that you're talking about.

No it doesn't. It's my personality and I usually come across as an asshole when it wasn't intended. I'll have to be more careful.
Well, you didn't come across as an asshole.

Bubbliness doesn't = ditziness although it is a common correlation.

I adore it as long as the ditziness isn't truly there under the surface.

Yep.

Unfortunately, it tends to take me a long time to feel okay in an environment, uni for instance. At which point everyone's judgement on you is settled.

Are you bubbly?
i've definitely gotten more sociable and bubbly, especially the past couple of years. when i'm with a smaller group of friends or in a group of introverts, i definitely tend to stick out a bit more.

Do your friends describe you as bubbly?
no they don't. i think i would have to be out there and smiley ALL THE TIME to be described as outrageously bubbly.

conscious. i've taken extra effort to develop Fe.

Last edited:
Bubbliness doesn't = ditziness although it is a common correlation.

I adore it as long as the ditziness isn't truly there under the surface.

exactly, i can't stand it when people confuse the two. they're VERY different.

Well, you didn't come across as an asshole.

Excellent, I'm way too stoned/drunk to monitor myself right now. I feel bubbly, this is Arg at his most bubbly!:mhula:

Are you bubbly?
i've definitely gotten more sociable and bubbly, especially the past couple of years. when i'm with a smaller group of friends or in a group of introverts, i definitely tend to stick out a bit more.

no they don't. i think i would have to be out there and smiley ALL THE TIME to be described as outrageously bubbly.

conscious. i've taken extra effort to develop Fe.

thank you for your input.

Are you bubbly?
Not with new people, I'm not. However, when I'm with people I'm extremely comfortable with such as my friends and brother, I do get bubbly. To the point where I may seem high. :]

Yes. Crazy too, if you want that. :m179:

Definitely something I can control. Although there are times where I'd laugh when no one else is laughing, but I blame that on my sense of humor.

Last edited:
bubbly? heh, no. I have moments of intense amusement, but in general I'm fairly serious.

I actually have a lot of friends who are I's and it is in my nature to do my best to make them feel at ease... other wise I will be a nervous wreck around them because I can feel how they're feeling.

One of the easiest ways I have found to put others at ease is by being bubbly, friendly, outgoing, or just plain funny. People take my doing this as an opportunity to let go in return... and although it's not my usual self, I'll do it for the "greater good" so to speak...

Also, when broaching subjects that have a heavy, or harsh tone, I try to bring humor into the subject to lighten the mood.

Also this. ^^^

Perhaps I view myself a certain way, when... in fact I am another......

Not bubbly here either...more thoughtful, engaged, even intense, yet warm and approachable.

The folks at the office are convinced I would make a good Santa but I keep insisting I am most certainly not "a jolly old elf."

I definitely don't see myself as bubbly, not most of the time (not even half lol). I'm usually a very calm and reflective person. It's only during that once every blue moon when I feel very lighthearted (usually when I'm not worrying, deeply thinking about something or feeling totally responsible) that I would say as well as my friends/family that I can become quite warmhearted and bubbly. =P

I'd say that sometimes it is conscious, sometimes it isn't.