As a child, I was... | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

As a child, I was...

As a child, I was...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As a child I was...

I don't think I was ever a true bully; I just fought back--violently--when picked on. Since most of those doing the picking were bullies themselves, I don't consider fighting back bullying.

I don't think I was ever a true bully; I just fought back--violently--when picked on. Since most of those doing the picking were bullies themselves, I don't consider fighting back bullying.

i guess those bullies knew not to mess with you again huh?lol

I was picked on until about 10th grade, when someone made a completely ignorant and racist comment I found completely offensive, I made an insulting comment in return. He threw a small container of nacho cheese at me... I calmly walked around the table and wiped it off on his shirt. When I turned around he elbowed me in the back of the head. I turned around and glared at him as if I was about to kill him. The whole cafeteria saw the event. From that point on I was pretty much respected until I dropped out of high school, even by people who I did not even know. Which led to a bit of confusion on my part (not used to being infamous).

My family was poor and ignorant. My father was a drunk, and after the divorce my mother (ESFJ, maybe ISFJ. I can't tell because she's incredibly asocial anymore) went completely crazy. Not because of the divorce situation, but my because of my father's (ENTJ) drunken abuse. I began cutting school. I was interested in computers. A friend had two of them. He was an older friend, close. He had a Ph.D (PHinally Done) in ecology, which is my current interest. I was friends with his two children who spent most of their time living with their mother in Texas. I wouldn't see them very often, but would miss them. I was trusted enough to have the keys to their house, but I would cut school to use their computers. My family couldn't afford a computer. My high-school didn't offer any decent computer classes. This was my interest at the time and it pissed me off that I had no easy way to pursue it. I cut school and used my time at my friend's house while he was at work to teach myself programming.

Now, as a programmer/system administrator I make more than my family, and put most of my efforts towards helping them (my mother and my brother). I try to help them as much as I can, but I'm not really interested in computers anymore. I want to move on. I feel really stuck, but with their current employment they won't have the ability to afford rent and food and all that other stupid shit on their own.

**really drunk right now**

I was never really targeted, nor did I pick on anyone.

I never gave anyone reason to dislike me.

I watch an albino goose get picked on most all the time....by others of its same species.

Another great example set by nature huh!

Another great example set by nature huh!

...only when I walk over and run the rest away so it can feed in peace....
I am bigger than they are, though they outnumber me. Maybe I had best watch out! :suspicious:

Last edited:
That brings back memories of my great grandfather's very vicious flock of geese.

:D

I was picked on all the time. It really damaged me.
...but now look at you; looking at us all from behind a really cool, fiery dragon with this sense of meaning in your eyes.

I wasn't necessarily a "bully" I just beat the shit out of those who messed with me or picked on me or my brother.

Glad someone made this topic.

I was bullied, to the point where I hung out with Special Education children because the normal ones wouldn't associate with me. I didn't have a 'real' friend that I hung out with after school and went to movies with, etc., until about the 8th grade. All of my other years were spent at home, alone, maybe playing with my sister but no real social contact.

It was mostly verbal, but there were some instances where things escalated to physical encounters. I was never hit or kicked, but I was often tackled down a drawn on with permanent markers.

I think the way it has affected me is that I don't like people very much. I'd rather spend my time alone or with one person, and I've reached the point where a lot of my thoughts are violent- though I never end up being violent.
I hate physical contact.

I don't trust what people say since I've had a lot of people make me into a joke, and I also would rather hang out with Adults than people my own age.

I have, in the past, been hesistant to talk to sales clerks and have not purchased and item because of it. I dislike making phone calls to people I don't know very well. I am not afaid of public speaking but approaching strangers makes me extremely nervous due to what reaction I might get. I've withdrawn into myself. I have some sort of social phobia a lot of the time.

I think that the way I react to things has tamed down quite a lot. I don't react when people hassle me or 'backstab' me, which is what a lot of the kids my age call it. I will become angered when I witness one of my close friends bullying someone else, even if it's just playfully. But other than that I really don't react to threats or vebal put downs or rude conduct at all. I've become used to it, and seldom do I care.

I was always shy in elementary. I had no friends since moving in the 3rd grade to 4th grade and was picked on and left out. Also my dad had recently passed away and I was depressed most of my elementary school life because of it. In 5th grade I made 2 close friends but then after that year I switched schools to start middle school and they were out of district and went to a different one. 6th grade was awesome I had 1 friend I could really talk to and everyone was nice and no one picked on me; I was also really naive I thought that if I was just nice to everyone and never mean people would do the same. I was WRONG. Then my friend (who's parents were in the military) moved the next year. 7th grade was the worst EVERYONE pretty much picked on me. I cried every day even my home ec teacher was mean to me and never let me cook. I would go to bed wishing that I wouldn't wake up in the morning and have to go through that torcher. I only had one real friend who had the same P.E class as me she'll never know how grateful I was when she stood up for me. When high school came around I made friends; I never really had trouble with anyone except a couple times in my world history class when this guy made this racist comment to me and I went home crying. Then he also picked on me because I was so thin and bony at the time. The year after that, no problems. Then I switched schools and I haven't had any problems here. I'm pretty optimistic about my future and I'm pretty tough skinned now. I don't let people walk all over me anymore. I feel like no matter what happens I'm just going to hold onto my faith and the best I can. I know I'm smart, creative, kind and I have no time for people who are just emotional road blocks.

Last edited:
Uhhhhntitled.png

Sorry. Had to point that out.

And I was neither picked on nor bullied. I was a loner, pretty much. It was good stuff.

Reactions: Quinlan
I dunno. I was picked on a little, but when I had enough I had *enough* and I usually went a little crazy on folks. I spit on some bullies one time from the top of stairs, I remember flashing one enemy or two - which caught them off guard and diffused the problem - and I remember standing up to a bully and not even remembering the ridiculous sentence coming from my mouth. They laughed, but they never bothered me again.

I think people either thought I was high or crazy...maybe both. :p

I was thouroughly picked on all throughout my schooling years. The teasing became worse when a certain cartoon sitcom gained in popularity, I had a fabulous time with all that

Well, I bullied the bullies
where does that put me :m075:

...but now look at you; looking at us all from behind a really cool, fiery dragon with this sense of meaning in your eyes.

I've put in an enormous effort.

BTW, the fiery thing on squall's sword is Griever.

Last edited: