[INFJ] - Are you likeable?? Socially accepted?? Even Popular? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Are you likeable?? Socially accepted?? Even Popular?

It's only important if I like you
16acf3c6-aff0-4a78-98cb-101441dd6736.png

Do you have trouble spots?
Large crowds and chitchat

Can you navigate the social landscape flawlessly?
I can navigate out of it?

Do you feel you bumble around?
No

Are you generally yourself? Or do you filter yourself for others?
I'm myself but I filter myself a lot depending on who I'm with.

Do people catch that you are different??
Different than them? I would say so yes.

Do you feel like you fit in?

Not with the very outgoing people I usually find myself with.

Popular amongst the opposite sex??
If I am I haven't noticed it.

Do people like you, basically.
Yes I believe so.

Reactions: Free and flower
I don't know how I feel about the Rainbow Dash/Sonic thing that was going on in that poster...

Aroused?

If no woman like you....yeeeeeaaaaaaah, that's a you thing.

99.98% of the time it's not jealousy ... just sayin

It's definitely me, I agree, but not necessarily something I'm doing wrong. I don't invest in female friendships because they aren't a priority, I highly value my close relationships - my marriage, family/kids, few close friends and also my career, so I put my "perfectionism" energy into that. I overstated saying women do not like me - they do. But the question was are you popular with women - no. I am not unpopular either though. I'm just not a woman that most women pursue friendships with. But they will chat it up with me at a social gathering, they aren't running the other direction.

As for jealousy - with 100% certainty I know many women who don't like me are jealous, so that I will disagree with. I'm highly intelligent, very attractive and physically fit, always put together, dress fashionably, have a law degree and a successful law practice, my kids are athletic rock stars, have an incredibly loving, attentive husband and super happy marriage. And I am not saying that to brag, I am saying that to support my point that many women don't like me because they want what I have. If you don't think that women don't like women simply because they are jealous, you don't know women.

Boy please...you know what I think is the most important thing ever! I mean they even have those bracelets to remind people to ask WWJD...What would Jet do?
We should have some for forum memes

Reactions: James and Jet
If you don't think that women don't like women simply because they are jealous, you don't know women.
So 31 years of being a woman and 5 years being a member on a board composed of mostly women who have had this debate multiple times ... and I'm the one who doesn't know women? You're cute.

nene-girlbye.gif

So 31 years of being a woman and 5 years being a member on a board composed of mostly women who have had this debate multiple times ... and I'm the one who doesn't know women? You're cute.

nene-girlbye.gif
I got 10 years on you. You'll learn

people and being noticed.

i think so. but only because i had to. i worked on sales years ago. i had training.

what is bumble? bee? bumblebee? geeez im lame.

myself? i am always myself. but that doesn't mean im all out as to what i say or how i behave. i filter most times.

you ask this as if being different is a bad thing. i'd rather be different than same with others. i am unique.

No. i have never felt this anywhere.

maybe? i don't really bother. i talk with anyone.

Do people like you, basically?
i dont like them but im a people magnet so i hide in my cave.

Do you have trouble spots? Not that you need to know about until I tell you when I'm drunk.

Can you navigate the social landscape flawlessly? Mhm gurl.

Do you feel you bumble around? Does this mean good juju or does it mean you sting everyone?

Are you generally yourself? Or do you filter yourself for others? Maybe dis why I'm not maintaining the "friend" thing so well.

Do people catch that you are different?? Mhm, I can predict the amount of boogers you are picking per day ... peeps dun like that.

Do you feel like you fit in? HA Never

Popular amongst the opposite sex?? Popular is a word no longer in my vocabulary.

Do people like you, basically. They act like it, but who knows.

Do you have trouble spots? I sometimes talk too much or get pedantic about a subject I'm interested in. I've been told I can have an intimidating energy with some people.

Can you navigate the social landscape flawlessly? I don't do anything 'flawlessly.' I make an idiot of myself somewhat on the regular.

Do you feel you bumble around? Oh yeah, all the time.

Are you generally yourself? Or do you filter yourself for others? Depends on the environment and people.

Do people catch that you are different?? I've been known to surprise people.

Do you feel like you fit in? Depends on the group.

Popular amongst the opposite sex?? Depends on what I'm wearing. lol.

But seriously, no.

Do people like you, basically. It's a possibility.

I'm curious, how likeable or "Popular" INFJ's are amongst their peers and friends and social networks.

Do people like you, basically.

:)
bump ( I have been thinking about some of these questions lately and will answer when I have more time)

Reactions: Bellosome
I'm curious, how likeable or "Popular" INFJ's are amongst their peers and friends and social networks.

Do you have trouble spots? It depends on my emotional state. I fluctuate between being "on" and flowing with other people socially and being anxious or depressed and not really caring that much about how I come across or what I say.

Can you navigate the social landscape flawlessly? No one is flawless but I do try to behave with grace and tact.

Do you feel you bumble around? Nothing wrong with a good bumble here and there.

Are you generally yourself? Or do you filter yourself for others? I am a more refined version of myself in the company of others. I don't like to filter too much but depending on who I am with the way I deliver my thoughts may be different lol.

Do people catch that you are different?? It doesn't matter to me what they do or don't catch so I have no idea.

Do you feel like you fit in? I do when I put the effort in, but it's not something I actively strive for with any level of awareness.

Popular amongst the opposite sex?? Sure

Do people like you, basically. If they don't, they don't really tell me.

:)

See above.

@Profoundhappiness
What a great forum name.

The answer to most of these questions is that I am not antisocial, I am selectively social. Generally I have become more selective over time but my participation varies and goes through different cycles.
The main trouble spot is that I avoid a lot of people.
I am flawed.
Too focused to be a bumbler.
Yes, I filter a lot.
Most people would grok that I'm different after awhile.
I do not feel like I fit in a lot of the time.
I turn the magnet off most of the time :)
Generally people like me. It's not that I don't care (INFJ's care.) It's just that being liked is less important.

]Do you have trouble spots? I sometimes talk too much or get pedantic about a subject I'm interested in or passionate about. I've been told I can have an intimidating energy with some people. I also have issues with finishing people's sentences or saying things 5 seconds before the other person does. Ooops.
People gernerally do not seem to be a big fan of that ;p
Can you navigate the social landscape flawlessly? Psh. I just try not to trip, whether it be physically or over my words.

Do you feel you bumble around? Sometimes, and other times I feel like a ghost around

Are you generally yourself? Or do you filter yourself for others? Depends on the environment and people.

Do people catch that you are different?? I've been known to surprise people, but the more you get to know me, the more the pattern is "realized"

Do you feel like you fit in? Depends on the group.

Popular amongst the opposite sex?? nah, I wouldn't say so lol.

Do people like you, basically. It's possible.