[INFJ] - Are you likeable?? Socially accepted?? Even Popular? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Are you likeable?? Socially accepted?? Even Popular?

And I am not saying that to brag, I am saying that to support my point that many women don't like me because they want what I have.

Accusing people of jealousy is exactly the same thing as bragging. That you believe people have a legitimate reason to be jealous of you is bragging. Of course, they might all be jealous of you, but that doesn't change the fact that you think that you're all that.

Reactions: Jet
Accusing people of jealousy is exactly the same thing as bragging. That you believe people have a legitimate reason to be jealous of you is bragging. Of course, they might all be jealous of you, but that doesn't change the fact that you think that you're all that.
What you don't know is whether she think she's "all that". She said it wasn't
bragging, which essentially means she doesn't think she's "all that". At this
point it's your word against hers. Yet you insisted on stating your adversarial
opinion in the guise of logic. You're being annoying. Get your aspegers under control.

opinion in the guise of logic. You're being annoying. Get your aspegers under control.
IME women who don't have any other women friends because women are "jealous" of them...

I've never know a person irl who disliked someone because of jealousy, bUT im sure aome exist. If the PP is assuming that all those women are jealous of her and that is why they don't want to be friends with her...I mean you have to look for the common denominator.

Reactions: Scientia

If someone thinks that people are jealous of them, then they must also think that they are worthy of being jealous of. I don't see any confusion here. You're right though. It is my word against hers. I'm okay with that.

If someone thinks that people are jealous of them, then they must also think that they are worthy of being jealous of. I don't see any confusion here. You're right though. It is my word against hers. I'm okay with that.
Worth is subjective. Whether she thinks she is worthy of jealousy can be completely independent of what other people feel.

IME women who don't have any other women friends because women are "jealous" of them...

I've never know a person irl who disliked someone because of jealousy, bUT im sure aome exist. If the PP is assuming that all those women are jealous of her and that is why they don't want to be friends with her...I mean you have to look for the common denominator.
I'm not taking sides

Worth is subjective. Whether she thinks she is worthy of jealousy can be completely independent of what other people feel.

You're right. As I said, it may very well be the case that every single woman is, in fact, jealous of her. That is entirely besides the point which is exactly what I stated. The point that she feels that it is the fact of the matter is what validates her feelings about herself. Otherwise, she would simply be unaware that other women were jealous of her because she would feel that what she has isn't something to be jealous of.

Can you navigate the social landscape flawlessly? I think so

Do you feel you bumble around? No

Are you generally yourself? Or do you filter yourself for others? No I'm not myself. I definitely filter.

Do people catch that you are different?? Not at first.

Do you feel like you fit in? Initially.

Popular amongst the opposite sex?? Yes

Do people like you, basically. Yes, on the surface everyone likes me until they get to know me better lol

I'm not taking sides
Lol. I'm not either. I just can't stand stand when people perpetuate unsubstantiated stereotypes (like the catty jealous girl).

If everyone always treats you in a certain way, it should be cause for reflection. It's tough, but arguably for the best.

I mean I'm trying to do the same thing, so it's not like I'm trying to be mean, but idk maybe it does make me.mean?

I go through waves of being popular, or feeling unpopular. It doesn't bother me either way as long as I have my core 'true friends'. I'm not willing to morph into a false identity to be well liked, or kiss up to people.

My ratio for male and female friends is about even. I have two friends who are like sisters to me - both INFPs. My husband's bandmates are like family and there are a few men I'd close with, but I definitely prefer my 'sisters' for open-hearted, no layers hidden friendships. There was a time (in high school) when all my close friends were boys because I didn't know any girls with common interests. I learned my lesson that having all guy friends isn't a good idea. As an adult I've had similar problems with some friends: If you're the only woman a shy, introverted guy knows well and/or the only woman a guy shares common interests with, the odds of him crushing on you increase. It isn't personal. So, I stay out of those situations now. I also refuse to be friends with a man unless I'm also friends with his wife, out of respect for her. If a man is offended by this, we don't need to be friends.

Honestly, there is a type of woman that always hates me. Oh, the side-eyeing. These are the self-proclaimed queens who boss and nag their husbands around. Their husbands usually comment that I'm a cool wife to my husband, which is a passive aggressive insult about their wives, and it makes women so angry with me. Noooooooo! I try to give the 'queen' types a wide girth.

Can you navigate the social landscape flawlessly?
I don't think anyone navigates the social landscape 'flawlessly', but I'm a decent sailor.

Do you feel you bumble around?
Not usually, though there are times when I feel awkward. I do not do well when I'm being scrutinized, no matter the situation.

Are you generally yourself? Or do you filter yourself for others?
I'm myself, but I have layers and decide how many layers a person gets to see.

Do people catch that you are different?
Always.

Do you feel like you fit in?
No, never, but it doesn't bother me, and a lot of people like that about me.

Popular amongst the opposite sex?
Yes. A lot of guys feel like they can talk to me, and a lot of other guys just pretend they want to talk.

Do people like you, basically?
Yes. I'm friendly with a lot of people of all different types. The friendship is doomed if people need me to kiss up, or be exactly like them. A lot of my friends are polar opposite of me, but we get along because we respect each other's ideas and choices. We also make each other think and give each other alternative perspectives.

I don't think anyone can ever do that (everybody can't like you) but right now it's okay. The mistake I'm doing the most often is caring to much about what other people thinks and trying to change.

I used to. But know that I'm trying to be myself it's getting better and better.

As I said before, I'm trying to. I still get inspired by other but I've stoped comparing myself with other and that's so dam good!

Do people catch that you are different??
Not really, because they are trying to make me fit in a simple categorie and when I do something diferent they just find an excuse LMAO

Sometimes... Yes. More and more.
But I don't think I could ever totally fit. I just have to accept that.

Popular amongst the opposite sex??
Yes and that is totataly weird. But that's new and for now, most of them are wachting form farm away. Those who try... get burn.
All but one. But he is ESTP, to complicate for me. I feel like we will never understand each others.
Too bad, waiting for the next one.

Do people like you, basically.
I really don't know

:)[/QUOTE]

ENFP'er weighing in for attention

I'm great at reading people and my surroundings. So much so that I begin to question who I am, and if I truly enjoy the situation I'm in.
It's gotten better as I've matured more and become more aware of who I think I am.

I love the term "bumble around". I can be very aware of my body that I freeze in one spot. Attention is a drug like so many others, one I'm trying to quit.

I'm getting there. I wish my filter didn't work so I could just tell people to leave me alone from time to time.

Yes and no. My adaptability can come across as suspicious or fake. After a while, I start to disappear into my own head, and people pick up on who I really am. Different.

No. I tried to fit in for so long that it almost ruined my life, but I never had my heart in it.

Yes. For all the wrong reasons.

Do people like you, basically?
Very much so, but not for who I am, but who I pretend to be.

Do you have trouble spots?
Crowds

I'm decent.

Sometimes. I'm a streaky, cluster bumbler. I'll go stretches without bumble, then all of a sudden I'll bumble and that bumble leads to another bumble and another, until the bumbles stop.

I am myself. I don't so much filter myself as I adapt to a situation. It's all me though. I'm adaptable

All. The. Time.

Yes. I make myself fit in by adapting.

I don't know.

I like people, until I don't. They like that I like them, so sure.

Reactions: Free and Sandie33
Dat booty

2dbta93.jpg

I struggle with starting conversations with new people. Once someone has started a conversation with me, it's OK, because I just keep asking them questions about themselves and their interests, and most people like to talk about themselves. But sometimes in a networking type event I can be left out and awkward until someone takes pity and starts a conversation with me. I'm not very good at engaging or manifesting my self in social situations.

No. I'm not expert at pretending when I don't like someone or when I'm just not very interested in them, because I struggle to recognise the irrelevance of my emotions to the situation and to put them aside. I try hard to be fair and to give people the benefit of the doubt, but I don't think that can be described as navigation.

No, I don't bumble around. My interaction style is too brief. I do make occasional social faux pas though. Is that bumbling? No one knows everything. We always have to do our best to refrain from making assumptions and to really listen to others. Sometimes you just can't be bothered, and that's probably the worst.

I am constantly trying to authentically represent my self, but I have a lot of ideas in here that I don't think are very appropriate to share with everyone or in all situations, and I guess that could be described as filtering. Maybe most of us do it.

Am I different? I really don't know. I'm sure that everyone feels that they are different at times. I never seem to naturally fit into a "gang" or "group" or "scene" at all, so I guess people do tend to reject me as different, I'm not really sure.

No, not really. Some times more than others I guess. Some people will make an effort to make me feel that I fit in, like family, or at certain office parties, and that's very kind of them. I think that I mainly feel more or less like a loner.

I've been told that I can have any man that I want. I've been told that there's something about me that guys are drawn to. Those things aren't true, but they're nice compliments. Often it seems that I become much more attractive to guys who spend time with me, but I'm not "sexy" or anything like that. But sometimes a man I meet or who sees me from a distance starts acting really obsessed with me, which is strange.

I really don't know whether they do or not. I am both reserved and shy. I have been told that I am unapproachable, frosty, aloof, and stuck up. I have also been told that I am always a pleasure to talk with. I think people like me more when they get to know me. I try to connect as authentically as possible, but I think there is a part of me that with most people remains reserved and distant.

Reactions: Dear imperfect
I'm curious, how likeable or "Popular" INFJ's are amongst their peers and friends and social networks.

:)
1)That's interesting. I find myself blending with society whenever it is around. I don't bend what I believe but I do try to act like I am no different not because I'm an idiot but because its called emotional intelligence I guess. I do try to find a line between emotional intelligence and who I am but it is troublesome. When I do act myself, people find me cryptic,deceiving, and mysterious. I kinda like it but I can't live in a bomb shell.

2) I navigate how people play roles in a social landscape flawlessly. I do not however care about the individual system itself but the people in it. It just doesn't interest me. It's all political. Sometimes I see myself desiring equality for all of humanity but I do also believe that people are a product of their own success.

3) Generally, I'm complicated and it works. I do filter people who I don't like but I generally give everyone a chance.

4) Well nobody generally tells me anything specific but I do hear that I'm wise beyond my years and I am little indifferent to the way society works. It pisses some people off but eh its just who I am.

5) No, I don't feel like I fit in, I hate feeling like I need to conform to something beneath my natural talents. Its outrageous but that is what society wants.

6)I am popular but not superficially, people always tell my family I'm different. Women do tend to flock to me when I'm in a good mood and being witty but other than that, guys just think a pain in the a** half the time.

7) I think people do like me because I make it about them when I'm there but under all that altruism is a stronger desire to be selfish.

I get bored by chit-chat, unless it's ironic chit-chat.

No, I usually avoid boring conversations, or change the topic to something worth discussing.

No. I'll make my own fun, or go somewhere more interesting.

Usually myself, but selectively so.

Yes.

Yes and no. I make room for me to fit in.

Reactions vary from mesmerized to irritated.

I think people have polarized opinions about me. Love, hate, or love-hate.In the rare circumstances where I'm mostly passive, people generally like me... but I'm seldom passive, so being generally liked isn't the norm for me.

Reactions: Dear imperfect