Are you ever intimidated by very attractive people? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Are you ever intimidated by very attractive people?

Yes. If it's someone of the opposite sex and I'm attracted to them. It gives me that jump in my heart most of the time. Part of what got me reading more about INFJs and the like was doing some work at an Auto Show around many beautiful models(more the women than the cars). Oddly, I was able to converse with a model who was a Miss America contestant. I think it was because I had talked to someone who knew her, so I had some common ground to break the ice.

I intimidate myself a lot.

So I guess there's your answer.

Very attractive guys intimidate me. I'll trip on my way to talk to them too lol.

I can be. And like some, I lose all sense of cognitive function and coordination.

I also sometimes forget to breathe. Go figure ^^

I get intimidated by highly intellectual people.

I get intimidated by very attractive people with intense personal confidence and charisma.

Looks alone does not do anything for me. But when it is coupled with personal charisma and sex appeal...watch out!:m015:

Then there are those with average looks with extremely appealing charisma, sex appeal, confidence, etc and they are awesome!

Reactions: Gaze
Are you ever intimidated by Invisible and Bird?*

No not really. I could hold my own in a sparring match against every girl I know. It's always funny when a girl thinks they are intimidating, it's like dude, you are a little shrimp.

I might have been, but I have known enough really attractive ladies who were very down-to-earth (once you got to know them) that I tend to now react to everybody apart from their appearance.

Reactions: Bird
If they are just attractive, but i am not interested I am more aestheticaly courios. I mean, it is really aesthetic experience when you see someone beautiful.
If I am intersted, than I become nervous and I have problems with staying calm near them.

I get intimidated by highly intellectual people.

+1

I get intimidated by very attractive people with intense personal confidence and charisma.

Looks alone does not do anything for me. But when it is coupled with personal charisma and sex appeal...watch out!:m015:

Then there are those with average looks with extremely appealing charisma, sex appeal, confidence, etc and they are awesome!

Quite true.

Not really, because deep down we all have flaws, they just happen to be easier on the eyes, that's all.

Yes. That's why I psychologically tear them apart and analyze their traits and inner-gears down to the pulp until I can see whether and how I can relate to them.

I will quit analyzing when I start to see my own forms of beauty and realize that the beauty which I see in them is what I love about myself as well. If I still feel insecure, I close myself off from them, hold them at arm's length, or associate with them closely enough so as to become blind to their exterior self and rather see their interior self.

What I will not do is:
1. Pretend that they are not attractive.
2. Pretend that I do not want to be attractive.

Physical appeal? I don't notice.
Emotional and intellectual attraction can intimidate me, however.