Are you ever intimidated by very attractive people? | INFJ Forum

Are you ever intimidated by very attractive people?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Are you ever intimidated by very attractive people?

Yes, my name is res and i'm very intimidated by highly attractive people.

*hope i'm not the only one* :m196:

Reactions: enfp can be shy
The following is all a gross generalization, but screw it...

I am not intimidated by all attractive people, only stupid ones.

Attractive people tend to hold more influence over others, and if they are stupid or choose to be ignorant, you simply cannot argue with them, and no one else cares about your arguments. That person is 'cool' and logic is not... :)

Reactions: Blind Bandit
There is much more to a person than their physical appearance.

There is much more to a person than their physical appearance.

Of course they are. No one is arguing otherwise.

And just a note: I didn't say "physically" attractive people. So, attractiveness could be defined in any number of ways.

Last edited:
Yea, I was the one that made inference. I wasn't saying all attractive people are stupid and Res's question was more of a personal reflection than of the general demeanor of anyone else.

I was just throwing my bias out there because it exists.

Reactions: dneecey and Gaze
not really. usually want to draw them, lol

I used to be; not so much anymore. People who I felt were much more physically attractive (and different in apparence, that was also key) then I was, were seen as on an upper level above me on a subconscious level, and as such I would not approach them. Presented persona was definitely a coralery with this, however I even noticed if they were seen as very attractive (even if I wasn't physically attracted to them) and also personality compatiable with me, I was hesitent. I felt like I wouldn't belong. After my first year of college I got over this. However, physical attractiveness has always been and pretty much always will be a point of weakness with me.

Nope. I am in my element with those people.

Reactions: the
nope. But I tend to think of myself as attractive, not model attractive, but normal person attractive....lol

so I am not really put off by people with atractive features. I long ago learned to stop judging my insides by other peoples outsides.

they may be pretty, but they may also be shy or introverted, and just mustering up the courage to say hello usually ends the issue. Pretty people aren't inherently bad or shallow.

we all need the oportunity to just have some space and say hello in our own time.

nope. But I tend to think of myself as attractive, not model attractive, but normal person attractive....lol

so I am not really put off by people with atractive features. I long ago learned to stop judging my insides by other peoples outsides.

So, you're saying that since you saw yourself as attractive, you didn't think yourself less attractive compared to anyone else?

I long ago learned to stop judging my insides by other peoples outsides.

Yeah, not an easy thing to do sometimes, but better than the alternative.

So, you're saying that since you saw yourself as attractive, you didn't think yourself less attractive compared to anyone else?

Yeah, not an easy thing to do sometimes, but better than the alternative.

I think of myself as not unatractive. I am not a model or a star with a personal trainer. I like real people, not overly pumped gym bunnies and surgically altered body parts.

I am not interested in them so I don't care what they think. when I interact with normal people, I get as many compliments as the next guy.

I am comfortable with that.

Reactions: Gaze
No, never been intimidated by attractive people. Generally I like to collect people into my life and keep them for as long as I can, so if I find someone with a brilliant quality I try to befriend them because I like being around stars and shiny people. Its fun to watch how people move and bend to them. And I am not talking about just physically either. Attraction can be many things. I am attracted to people who are exceptional at whatever they do, as long as they are passionate.

Of course they are. No one is arguing otherwise.

And just a note: I didn't say "physically" attractive people. So, attractiveness could be defined in any number of ways.

Thank you for commenting in a non-mean way, it's a nice change. And I'm being sincere, not sarcastic. I responded in the way that I did because often people only enjoy my company for my appearance. It bothers me that people don't actually want to get to know me because I have a fully functioning brain and can sometimes be a riot.

Thank you for commenting in a non-mean way, it's a nice change. And I'm being sincere, not sarcastic. I responded in the way that I did because often people only enjoy my company for my appearance. It bothers me that people don't actually want to get to know me because I have a fully functioning brain and can sometimes be a riot.

Ah. no worries.

I can relate to this to a degree, except I refuse to let that happen in my case and I make my personality louder and more extroverted to overcompensate for it at times, I will be loved or hated for my brain not my face.

Usually I will just try to make everyone laugh, so i relate to the riot thing too. Never let them marginalize you for it. ugh.

I think when someone thinks they are not very attractive, or not good enough, for whatever reason, it's easier to be intimidated by someone who is seen as far more attractive. Not that this is good mind you. I think when we realize that our worth is much more than the physical, which is not always easy to do, then it's not likely to matter as much.

Last edited:
I can relate to this to a degree, except I refuse to let that happen in my case and I make my personality louder and more extroverted to overcompensate for it at times, I will be loved or hated for my brain not my face.

Usually I will just try to make everyone laugh, so i relate to the riot thing too. Never let them marginalize you for it. ugh.

I have a hard time being extroverted, however I'm working on this. Apparently I am often labeled as "The Ice Queen". My bad I'm not comfortable in large groups of people in which I'm only familiar with one person. Now, I just smile a lot. My cheeks don't even hurt anymore when I do so.

I have a hard time being extroverted, however I'm working on this. Apparently I am often labeled as "The Ice Queen". My bad I'm not comfortable in large groups of people in which I'm only familiar with one person. Now, I just smile a lot. My cheeks don't even hurt anymore when I do so.
haha yeah the forced smile, I know it. I was at a "beer pong" party last night with about 30 or 40 people, it was loud, but I have really been pushing myself into being more social and just letting my quick impulse ideas shoot out of my mouth instead of holding them in. And I had everyone laughing and everyone liked me and it was great, but sometimes I gotta like take a pee break and just go in the bathroom and be alone for a few and let my face relax haha. Usually when my eyes start twitching from muscle fatigue from smiling. annoying.

haha yeah the forced smile, I know it. I was at a "beer pong" party last night with about 30 or 40 people, it was loud, but I have really been pushing myself into being more social and just letting my quick impulse ideas shoot out of my mouth instead of holding them in. And I had everyone laughing and everyone liked me and it was great, but sometimes I gotta like take a pee break and just go in the bathroom and be alone for a few and let my face relax haha. Usually when my eyes start twitching from muscle fatigue from smiling. annoying.

Oh man, parties. Sometimes I think I smile so much my eyes become cracked out.

hahahahaha