Are you ever intimidated by very attractive people? | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Are you ever intimidated by very attractive people?

I am only intimidated when I look at [MENTION=442]arbygil[/MENTION] *swoon*

I wouldn't say I'm intimidated by "very attractive" people. There have been qualities in people that have made me feel intimidated even though I didn't consider them to be "very attractive". This goes across the whole emotional spectrum.

It does remind me of one time I was on the subway (in my early 20s) and I came across a woman about 10 years older than me. There was something about her that made me tense up severely that I had to get off at the next stop and wait for the next train. She was pretty, but not stunningly attractive but there was something about her that I couldn't quite figure out. Just an odd feeling...o_O

huh? that sounds like projection you know... in my experience attractive people tended to be just on par with everyone else if not nicer on average possibly because they havent had to fight for as much attention.

For my part, I still dont get intimidated by attractive people, in fact I dont get intimidated by people.

Well, like I said, I don't get intimidated by people either anymore... and it could be that I am just more judgemental than you... the thing that turns me off immediately with someone like that is if they are pretentious and full of themselves, people who are more outwardly attractive are (most of the time...) more pretentious...and yes I also believe that they act nicer to your face a lot of the time but I tend to see that this is because you are one of the "little people" in their eyes. But when it comes down to it, they wouldn't give you the time of day if you were alone one on one with them without others around to see how much of a jerk they really are...that is just my experience, you seem to have had a better expereince than I have.