Are INFJ Males really that rare? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Are INFJ Males really that rare?

A blanket statement insulting a majority of the men on this forum? why dispense insults?

The second part is a joke, the first is the truth.

Wilde once said, if you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, or they'll kill you.

I hope to stick to that, and with my reputation as never being serious on these forums, I daresay it was noted by any who would be offended.

As to the INFJ's on this forum, it has been observed and repeated by those who are not only much more intelligent than me, but well versed in MBTI lore, that the number of true INFJ's on this forum is increasingly rare.

Instead it is full of INFP's, ENFP's, ISFJ's, and whole other variety of ghouls and gremlins. 0-0

I don't think it matters though, a similar phenomenon has been noted on the INTP forum, what matters is that the forum is conducive to an INFJ line of thought, which I think, in some cases, it is.

Many INFJ's I know very well have been utterly horrified by the forum...if that means anything...

You are in no place to make such a sweeping, and condemning, generalisation.

Basically, the difference between Ne and Ni.

In which case, it is you that also ceases to see the other side of the argument. But, wait, since you don't know what you're talking about, it makes perfect sense for you to say that!

This hurts. You have no idea what you are talking about yet you talk like you do.

Yeah right.

No it's not. The differenced between Ti and Te are quite huge.

Actually I think I am in a place to make that statement...or I wouldn't have done so. And right or wrong, this post comes off with a lot of bitterness. It doesn't help make your point with that tone.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
A blanket statement insulting a majority of the men on this forum? why dispense insults?

Which is what this thread is.

Actually I think I am in a place to make that statement...or I wouldn't have done so. And right or wrong, this post comes off with a lot of bitterness. It doesn't help make your point with that tone.

I think my tone does help my point.

This thread is retarded. It's full of stereotypes, based on false, lazy information which has been gained from people sitting in front of their computers- not actually experiencing the theory or it's application in real life. This thread is not only insulting to a specific group of people, it's completely devoid of any meaningful discussion and is highly ignorant towards the meaning of Jung's work and the MBTI.

INFJ is a symbol for a preference of use of cognitive processes. Cognitive processes attempt to define the abstract process of how human beings think not WHAT people think. I wish people would understand that!

You neg rep me and tell me I'm being hateful? How dare you. Look at Urtehnoes post- THAT is hate. Hate and lazy ignorance. There are very few things I hate because it's an extremely strong word- It's true, my reply came from mounting frustration but I don't make any apologies for that. I replied in the way I did because I care about this- it offended me because I care about this subject and I care about the representation of INFJ males.

This forum, for the record, is extremely frustrating. Some of these threads are just disgusting.

As for the whole thing about whether or not most of the people here are actually INFJs- I dont think it's as bad as Melkor and others make out but yes, lots of have people on here have mistyped. But the fact remains that this forum's values and integrity is made up of a collective process of Ni+Fe core personality.

Being an INFJ male I find it very lonely, most just don't get me. They take my affection as unusual because I'm not gay and I'm a large build. This then leads to mistrust, I thought I was paranoid but on research I found that my behaviour in comparison to other men was unusual but prefered. I have no problem talking to women in fact I find it easier than talking to men, but interverted (a preference :D)ladies are hard to find as they don't go out or think I'm after one thing.

All I know is that I am rare (apparently always have been) and I have always come back INFJ. So in my world, and in my experience, yes, INFJs are rare. I am okay with this in that over the years I have had wonderful and fascinating friends and family who valued me as I am and for the giftedness I bring. I like being me, rare or not, and would have it no other way.

Guys no need to get nasty.

There's always going to be mistyping, it is natural to put our bias into describing ourselves. This concept is not limited to INFJ's, many INFP's, INTJ's, INTP's etc..have also been mistyped. This eliminates the idea that mistyping makes the INFJ group rarer as it can also apply to different types. Second, the environment plays an important role in the way we behave. Lets face it, in the stereotypical society we live in today we are forced to accommodate ourselves according to what's expected. Does that mean we stop being our core selves? in fact INFJ's are known for their ability to adapt to new environments.

Since when does maturity go a long with type? its one of those traits which I relate to intelligence, it is individual of type. There may be small correlations, but they are generally insignificant. Its time we stop taking so much pride in being "rare", nothing wrong with individualism but when it gets to the point where we use self-pity and narcissism, its when it starts to go negative. If we are so different let it be it, continue being the way you are and make your traits shine as an individual.

Reactions: muir
Many INFJ's I know very well have been utterly horrified by the forum...if that means anything...

The way this thread has developed is starting to scare me...does this mean I typed myself right? ^^

In all honesty, I'm not too sure how other INFJ males would react. For me personally, I've been told that I would make a great friend but a crappy bf. I tend to want to help friends out but have problems expressing myself with a gf. Plus, the preoccupation I would have with helping friends out usually leads to the gf feeling neglected and on a lower priority level. Then the relationship breaks off and then I'm single again.

I think INFJs prefer to be alone for the most part and not make themselves so well known. I don't think we're a rare type...just perhaps not as easily detected by current sampling methods.

Please keep in mind that I'm not an expert of MBTI...just my personal thoughts and impressions. Also just wanted to play peacemaker a bit as well. ^^

And before the question pops up, I'm currently in a relationship for just over 5 years. I have yet to determine her type. ^^

My husband is INFJ and we met in internet. After he got me, he stopped socializing in internet. Also he says you can't trust the people you meet on the internet :D how funny is that?

Insightfully said.

As a newcomer and observer of this forum, I have to say that the overall vibe here isn't really INFJ, but I don't blame the other types hanging around for this. I think forums will always have this problem. The most intimate experience is the INFJ mailing lists, of which I have been a longtime lurker/participant. And INFJs aren't exactly the most stable people -- there's plenty of nutters and oddballs, but I suppose you could say that for most of the population.

As for male INFJs being rare, I have to say I've only ever met a handful of other male INFJs in real life, and all of those have been through prior contact on mailing lists etc via the Internet. So in my long experience, INFJ males really are among the rarest type. We're also pretty good chameleons -- I think most of my casual acquaintances would see me as an INTJ. I had a much more raging Fe side when I was younger, but I've mellowed out and am using my Tertiary Ti more these days.

Last edited:
Insightfully said.

As a newcomer and observer of this forum, I have to say that the overall vibe here isn't really INFJ, but I don't blame the other types hanging around for this. I think forums will always have this problem. The most intimate experience is the INFJ mailing lists, of which I have been a longtime lurker/participant. And INFJs aren't exactly the most stable people -- there's plenty of nutters and oddballs, but I suppose you could say that for most of the population.

As for male INFJs being rare, I have to say I've only ever met a handful of other male INFJs in real life, and all of those have been through prior contact on mailing lists etc via the Internet. So in my long experience, INFJ males really are among the rarest type. We're also pretty good chameleons -- I think most of my casual acquaintances would see me as an INTJ. I had a much more raging Fe side when I was younger, but I've mellowed out and am using my Tertiary Ti more these days.

This forum has been much more INFJ in the past. It ebbs and flows. I didn't care for the mailing lists--a lot of work and that group seemed so tight and hard to break in for a newcomer. Perhaps I just didn't stick around long enough.

Getting back to the original post...I am fortunate to have married an INFJ and it is definitely the most rewarding relationship I have ever been involved in. Absolutely amazing. :)