Are INFJ Males really that rare? | INFJ Forum

Are INFJ Males really that rare?

VioletHaze

Dec 10, 2010
MBTI
estj
Enneagram
?
I havent met any INFJ guys, but I would like to. Im assuming there pretty rare because I havent met any (or if I have, I must have been unaware, I only recently discovered that Im an infj)

What do INFJ guys do to show their affection to their gf? Do INFJ males go well together with INFJ females? Can they maintain a great relationship with one another?

Any comments or past experiences, feel free...*

Yes. Behold my awesomely impossible rarity, for I am a mystery wrapped in an enigma hidden away in a box behind ancient tombs.

Watch out! VioletHaze is on the hunt!!

Perhaps, statistics are hard to take for grated as there are subjected to outside influences, but in my personal experience I have not met an INFJ male :).

INFJ male, where?!?!

I only see the most awesome combo mix of, INFP and INFJ, oh well. :m027:

In all seriousness, I cannot really judge on this, seeming as I erm...well...don't go out much.

I know an male INFJ. He's a pretty awesome guy. Has horrible luck with girls. But he's very genuine. We were discussing MBTI and out own types and when he said he was INFJ too, it was like... "Oh right, of COURSE you are! That makes perfect sense! I think I already knew you were an INFJ."

Or something like that.

We are the ones that get labeled as being too nice. :gossip:

[MENTION=3462]VioletHaze[/MENTION] See? You wouldn't really be interested in a male INFJ. In fact, a male INFJ is probably your BFF right now. And he's probably in love with you too.

Poor bloke.

ok I dont really wanna say that "im on the hunt" but I guess u could say that lol, im just looking for the right guy who I can really feel comfortable around, who isnt rude, disrespectful, critical or cocky, in college, or pursuing some type of career goal, tall, sweet, funny (is that too much to ask?) whether if its an infj guy or another type that fits best with mine, thats fine

:m027:

ok I dont really wanna say that "im on the hunt" but I guess u could say that lol, im just looking for the right guy who I can really feel comfortable around, who isnt rude, disrespectful, critical or cocky, in college, or pursuing some type of career goal, tall, sweet, funny (is that too much to ask?) whether if its an infj guy or another type that fits best with mine, thats fine

:m027:

Sorry, i'm taken, pretty good explanation of me there though, I must say.

6ft.
brown/black hair.
blue eyes.
not cocky at all.
empathetic.
always up for a good snuggle.
At college.
Funny, if you understand my humour. It's very different.

^ I don't know why I typed all that...someone is going to find me now.

It isn't too much to ask at all, your looking for a long term relationship no doubt, so it's ok to have highish standards, but not so high it basically makes it impossible.

I hope for you to find this Man in the future.

Just be careful where you tread with the INFJ male, they will mostly come across as shy until you really get to know them, then your in for a ride. I'm only speaking from my experience with myself. So yeah, I may be wrong.

Oh, and what I said above was a joke, it was my attempt at coming across as cocky. xD But my 'stats' I wasn't lying about. :p

Last edited:
I havent met any INFJ guys, but I would like to. Im assuming there pretty rare because I havent met any (or if I have, I must have been unaware, I only recently discovered that Im an infj)

What do INFJ guys do to show their affection to their gf? Do INFJ males go well together with INFJ females? Can they maintain a great relationship with one another?

From everything I have read AND observed I would say yes, INFJ males are very rare. How rare is a matter of debate. And rare does not immediately mean "special" or "awesome"...just rare. I have only met a couple other guys in my life I am sure were INFJ's. I've always felt I was pretty different from most guys. This shows and has caused me to be labeled "gay" for much of my younger life. I've grown a lot in confidence and wisdom since then and don't seem to get that anymore.

I think INFJ to INFJ is and would be a great combination. I happen to know an INFJ/INTJ female and we...well it's a good combo. One thing I think I can say about INFJ males (probably females too) is that we tend to do things slowly and carefully. We thus change and grow a lot, later in life then many other types. If you are set on an INFJ male, I would suggest looking for one a bit older then you normally would if you are so inclined.

INFJ males are extremely affectionate (and loyal) once they are comfortable with you. The time this may take varies according to individual and ...again...age. "E" types without a doubt can get comfy more quickly. For me, physical touch is my primary "Love Language" so I love to hug, hold, and touch. From what I've seen here, INFJ's tend toward this love language as well as "Words of Affirmation", which again makes sense since we are a very (written) word-oriented type. Expect an INFJ boyfriend to write you lots of nice letters or at least be able to articulate his love if that happens.

IMO we really don't start hitting our stride, where our stronger postitive traits shine, until 30 or so. It was even later for me...more like 35. This is based purely on my own observations and my everpresent Ni. A fully realized INFJ is a great thing to behold (though I suppose you can say that about almost any type!).

All of this is observation and research on my type. It's not set in stone. It's not scientific fact. Typology is not an exact science. Individual INFJ's will vary. You can really only say what one of us is more likely to do or be like...no absolutes. Good luck!

Well, I know for sure I would like to date an introverted guy ( extroverts are pretty much annoying unless I find the right one that is humble and kind, not pushy) idk know how an infj guy and I would get along, we might clash since were the same type, but you never know, not every infj guy is the same

i seriously have my doubts. i don't think we are, not as rare as we are portrayed at least.

i personally know several INFJ males, and they are all different from one another.
then again NFs are quite present where i am.

Last edited: