Are INFJ Males really that rare? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Are INFJ Males really that rare?

yes, male INFJ's are rare... straight ones even more so

we might be hard to get close to but please try, please!

give an INFJ a chance

I know an ENFJ male, he's been my friend at college for the past 4 years.

He can get rather annoying though. I showed him the personality test, and he was showing sides to me which he never showed before, he always came across as a hard shelled not caring type.

He has changed in the 4 years iv'e known him though, maybe iv'e had a little imprint on him. :p

I know one personally. He's a cool guy, he can be a manipulative bastard but only if you've really messed with him. (I kinda have a little crush on him)

He's a good guy though. As for rarity, I don't know how rare they are but I don't think it's all that rare. There seem to be a lot of INFJ males that mistype as INTXs. I've actually heard that INFJs tend to get mistyped the most. I don't know if that's true though.

Can it work? Of course. Any relationship can work, despite type.

what makes you say/think this?

My personal experience has led me to believe this is so.

If you think about it, it's not a difficult conclusion to come to.

INFJ preferences are just not found in many males, as far as I can tell.

I know one personally. He's a cool guy, he can be a manipulative bastard but only if you've really messed with him. (I kinda have a little crush on him)

He's a good guy though. As for rarity, I don't know how rare they are but I don't think it's all that rare. There seem to be a lot of INFJ males that mistype as INTXs. I've actually heard that INFJs tend to get mistyped the most. I don't know if that's true though.

Can it work? Of course. Any relationship can work, despite type.

Iv'e come up as many types...INFJ, INFP, INTP.

I guess it's better to have a big ol' mix of personalities, makes it more fun. Not saying that as a fact. Maybe my mind is just so screwed it doesn't know what it is.

My experience is that most females (in suburbia anyway) have no idea what to do with an INFJ male. They want to shop, go out dancing, or else "thinking too much gives me a headache" (yes, actual quote).

We are too complex for polite society. Sounds like a blessing, and it would be a curse.....except that it really is a blessing. :)

Reactions: Blind Bandit
My experience is that most females (in suburbia anyway) have no idea what to do with an INFJ male. They want to shop, go out dancing, or else "thinking too much gives me a headache" (yes, actual quote).

We are too complex for polite society. Sounds like a blessing, and it would be a curse.....except that it really is a blessing. :)

I love hearing people say that.

"Thinking gives me a headache."

My personal experience has led me to believe this is so.

If you think about it, it's not a difficult conclusion to come to.

INFJ preferences are just not found in many males, as far as I can tell.

maybe. i mean, it makes sense, but i still have my doubts.

It is hard to differentiate INFJ and INTJ males unless you really know them. On the surface, they are almost identical.

Just look for traits common to INFJs.

Come to think of it, I do not think that I have ever met another INFJ male in real life. I wouldn't know where to look for them on my own. In real life, I've only even met one INTJ female, and she avoids me and is afraid of me I think.

It is hard to differentiate INFJ and INTJ males unless you really know them. On the surface, they are almost identical.

This is very true I think. Just look to see if the have a lot of Fe...and empathy. That will tell the tale. You can usually spot someone who is Fe dominant fairly easily if you know what to look for.

Not really. They usually think they're INTJs and INTPs. The ones that can confess to themselves and others that they are a Feeler are the rare ones it seems - if my experience on typology forums is any indication.

This is so damn true. its so frustrating.

Reactions: starshine
ok I dont really wanna say that "im on the hunt" but I guess u could say that lol, im just looking for the right guy who I can really feel comfortable around, who isnt rude, disrespectful, critical or cocky, in college, or pursuing some type of career goal, tall, sweet, funny (is that too much to ask?) whether if its an infj guy or another type that fits best with mine, thats fine

:m027:

They just always have to throw that "tall" in there :m142:

But in all seriousness, I'm an INFJ guy so I guess I can give you some perspective based on nothing more than my own personal experience. I find I'm not really interested in spending an exorbitant amount of time with a significant other and I need a lot of time alone and have to have a lot of privacy. In first meeting someone I come off more like an INTJ unless we get in to a conversation about spirituality or anything in the metaphysical realm. I enjoy affectionate touch, things like cuddling are at the epicenter of my romantic life, and I have no interest in long term commitments for the sole sake of tradition.

IMO we really don't start hitting our stride, where our stronger postitive traits shine, until 30 or so. It was even later for me...more like 35. This is based purely on my own observations and my everpresent Ni. A fully realized INFJ is a great thing to behold (though I suppose you can say that about almost any type!).

You are in no place to make such a sweeping, and condemning, generalisation.

Infj males, in my experience tend to be self righteous, bizarrely moralistic, frustratingly stubborn, and unable to see any other side of the argument but their own. Which is why, since that's not the INFJ description, then all these people on these forums aren't actually infjs

Basically, the difference between Ne and Ni.

In which case, it is you that also ceases to see the other side of the argument. But, wait, since you don't know what you're talking about, it makes perfect sense for you to say that!

And of course, I think there's only like 5 true infjs on this forum, perhaps less. I mean like 6 of them are S in denial, a couple our T's etc.

This hurts. You have no idea what you are talking about yet you talk like you do.

Male INFJ's?

I've never meet one in person.
Personally, I can understand why, I would probably scare the crap out of them. :m125:

Yeah right.

No it's not. The differenced between Ti and Te are quite huge.

The difference between Ti and Te often seems greater than the difference between Te and Fe of Ti and Fi.

There are barely any real INFJ's here, and even less real men, so I daresay it's true.

There are barely any real INFJ's here, and even less real men, so I daresay it's true.

A blanket statement insulting a majority of the men on this forum? why dispense insults?