Any new or interesting things you've learned about yourself? | INFJ Forum

Any new or interesting things you've learned about yourself?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Any new or interesting things you've learned or discovered about yourself?

I am a closet misanthrope.

I thought I dealt with stress well, but it turns out I just ignore it and forget it's there until it boils over into every aspect of my life.

Even if I'm in a very grumpy mood and think I don't want to talk to anyone, get me into chat and I'm a hyper bunny of love all of a sudden.

I am hugable and adorable.

I need organization to feel productive. And i can handle almost anything if i have a plan. I may look all stressed and crazy-ish when I don't know what i'm doing. But on the other hand, i can be surprisingly calm or relaxed under emotionally stressful conditions as long as i have a plan to work with. I'm also not too bad at making decisions at the last minute. I just have trouble accepting them :D

Last edited:
the passion associated with 5's is avarice, and i never thought of myself as a greedy person b4 but the more i know what to look for the more i see it in myself everyday.

its a weird dynamic, but its like im greedy with my time and energy, resources etc. if someone intrudes on my space, i feel myself getting angry bc i prefer to have this boundary between myself and others, like i am afraid to care too much or get involved so i keep this distance. it doesn't really matter who or what it is, but i think because im not so good at expanding, i feel like i have to hold on to what i''ve got or ppl'll take it away.

crappy part is when your defense or offense with confrontation is the ability to withdraw and remain neutral, you don't really have a good method of dealing with these aspects of life so its a self replicating behavior. so right now im trying to just get out there more, allow myself to feel more connected to the world in general, bc whenever i push beyond my boundaries, i always feel better afterwards and the inner tension i live with seems to fade.

for awhile i was doing really good with this, then i kind of relapsed, now im headin back out again trying to just go with the flow better and not care so much about stepping on toes or picking sides, i mean its just an aspect of life really.

That even when I feel like I have to let something out or die that I can find the strength to cram it back down until I have had a chance to analyze it further.

That I need love, physical affection, constantly. ^^ I always thought I was an independent...pshhh

That I need love, physical affection, constantly. ^^ I always thought I was an independent...pshhh

This for me as well. And I really do not want to be this way either... I've tried to ignore it for years. So much so that I don't know how to feel it anymore, hence I am constantly starved of it.

Reactions: DoveAlexa
I'm emotionally resilient. I'm also a total romantic sap, at times ;)

guess which part I'm missing

Recitation42.jpg

I'm pretty selfish. What I see as other people letting me down or not giving enough is really just me being extremely demanding and unrealistic. I'm an unapologetic itch.

I've got some social anxiety issues.

I was dismayed to come across a horoscope (I rarely ever read them) that told me "A change of scenery will not solve your problems. You must get to the root of the issue." I was totally banking on a coming change of scenery...

That I am an introverted extrovert

I am a dominatrix

I'm not the greatest at being in-tune with myself.