A day in the life of YOU | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

A day in the life of YOU

morning run, sit around, drink, go to school or do homework.

Hey! While I'm in Valpo we should consider running together in the mornings if you wouldn't mind. I know some people like to run by themselves I just don't really know the city that well. When I was there last I ran from by this carwash to the university and up around target and back.

Homework
CLASS
Lunch
CLASS OR Free time
Homework

Free time includes violin, drawing, reading, browsing forums, popping in on random people at dorm, visiting events on campus, etc.

ETA: Assume normal human regulatory behavior

Last edited:
1pm coffee and breakfast (sometimes computer with coffee)
2-3pm practice
4pm lunch and coffee
5-7:30pm practice
8pm shower and dinner
9pm-3am computer

on days when i give drum lessons or have a gig these are quite different, but this is the majority.

Hey! While I'm in Valpo we should consider running together in the mornings if you wouldn't mind. I know some people like to run by themselves I just don't really know the city that well. When I was there last I ran from by this carwash to the university and up around target and back.

OK Im a slow runner though but I can run slow for 7 miles.

Week days:
-Get up at 6:45 when my alarm goes off.
-Meditate from 6:45-7ish.
-Get ready for work, pack lunch ect.
-20 minute commute to work.
-Work 8-11 then a break then 11-12:30 then a ten minute lunch then work to 2:30ish then break then work until 4 and then go home.
-20 minute commute home.
-4:30-7 eat, get on computer, watch videos, listen to music, make phone calls, whatever else I feel like.
-7-9 watch a show or play a game and talk to my gf and do more crap on the computer.
-9-11:30 shower, eat, computer, other randomness. Usually watch Seinfeld before sleep but soon it will be Conan! Boo-ya.
-11:30-6:45a sleep, fight demons and zombies and what have you.

Weeked:
-Wake up some time between 9am and 12pm.
-Go see a movie or out to eat or whatever I damn well feel like.
-Try to be as lazy as possible.
-Other errands like grocery shopping, getting gas ect.
-Sleep at 11:30ish

OK Im a slow runner though but I can run slow for 7 miles.

Okay! I'm sick right now, so don't worry about your pace. I have to slow down to cough adequately every so often.

+ Wake up when I have to (anywhere between 8am and 2pm), exactly 45 minutes before class starts. Check forums.
+ Go to class and leave exactly 15 minutes before class starts
+ More class, research lab, meetings, etc.
+ Lunch. Check forums
+ More lab, meetings, or class
+ Come back to my room. Check forums
+ Eat dinner if hungry
+ Computer, unless I go out with friends.
+ Homework if needed.
+ Go to work at 10pm if I work
+ Go to bed around 1am (4am if getting back from work).

Wake up.
Look at my clock.
Lay in bed and think.
Get out of bed.
Go pee, brush my teeth, check on my wrinkles.

Do you hold your pee as you're lying in bed thinking?

1. Drift back and forth from dreamland.
  2. Wake up.
  3. Roll out of bed (face first into the concrete flooring).
  4. Check the time on the computer.
  5. My mother comes barging in with a list of chores for the day before leaving the house.
  6. Talk to my depressed INFP sister.
  7. Have breakfast.
  8. Do dishes.
  9. Run some errands, go to the art center or go to the gym.
  10. Ride home on my motorcycle.
  11. Have lunch.
  12. Do washing and feed the animals.
  13. Go on computer and watch videos on youtube, look on whats going on here on the forums or go and see my therapist.
  14. Get ready for Boxing or Muay Thai.
  15. Go home and prepare dinner.
  16. Go back on computer and go on deviantart, youtube or here on the forums.
  17. Mother and father come home.
  18. Practice drawing or playing piano.
  19. Go back onto the computer, and think deeply about why I am a failure.
  20. Read the bible and pray.
  21. Go to bed, rinse and repeat.

1-3am - wake up and go back to sleep
7-9am - wake up and eventually get up
9-10am - eat brekkies, watch some fabulous morning television, read
10-12pm - find something to amuse myself with (get dressed, get a shower, read, compute, write, game)
12-1pm - eat food
1-5pm - do stuff outside or inside, but I like going outside alot (hopefully meet friends)
5-7pm - eat dins and watch some television and read to cool down my brain
7-7:30ish? - listen to an audio casette
Afterwards - compute/write/read/talk/watch TV
BEDTIME!

Do you hold your pee as you're lying in bed thinking?

No. I'm terrified of getting bladder infections.
When I was a little girl my mother put it into
my head that not using the bathroom when
you first need to gives you bladder infections
and bladder infections are incredibly painful.
Oooh what a manipulative mother I have. Heh.
Ergo; I leave my bed and just stay awake after
I pee and brush my teeth.

7 AM-7:15 AM Wake up. Drag body downstairs to make coffee, slip into comatose state till coffee is ready.
7:15 AM-7:30 AM Attempt to wake up 6 year old ENTP repeatedly, until finally having to drag him out of bed bodily, place him in a standing up position, and block the route back to the bed, while dressing and preparing breakfast for 2 year old.
7:30 AM-7:45 AM Ye--tell 6 year old to get dressed, eat breakfast, and please wear underwear this morning!
7:45 AM-8 AM Shower, dress, and possibly eat breakfast and make 6 year old's lunch.
8 AM-8:15 AM Find children's shoes and put them on them. Ye--tell 6 year old to put shoes on. Place his uneaten breakfast into a container for trip to school.
8:15 AM-8:30 AM Blissful morning traffic. Drop 6 year old off.
8:30 AM-8:45 AM More blissful morning traffic. Drop 2 year old off.
8:45 AM-9 AM Even more blissful morning traffic! Arrive at work.
9 AM-9:30 AM Respond to only friend's messages.
9:30 AM-11:45 AM Cleverly interleave work with internet relaxation to avoid work related stress disorder and internet addiction simultaneously.
11:45 AM-12:45 PM Lunch.
12:45 PM-4 PM Realize morning has been wasted, promise self to buckle down and get things done.
4 PM-5 PM Work.
5 PM-6 PM Exercise, only happy moment of entire week.
6 PM-6:30 PM Cook dinner for family. While wife insists she needs some alone time, children begin daily unpacking of household items.
6:30 PM-7 PM Eat, ye--tell 6 year old to eat.
7 PM-7:15 PM Clear dishes and throw away 6 year old's uneaten food.
7:15 PM-8:30 PM Black out.
8:30 PM-8:45 PM Bath time!
8:45 PM-8:50 PM Mop up contents of bath from floor.
8:50 PM-9 PM Put 2 year old to bed if not already passed out on floor (him not me, hopefully).
9 PM-9:30 PM Clean up and read to 6 year old.
9:30 PM-10 PM Answer 6 year old ENTP's questions about what we just read and put him to bed.
10 PM-10:05 PM Make a stiff one.
10:05 PM-11:30 PM Watch TV with wife, while 6 year old appears periodically with complaints about lack of service, volume, need to eat.
11:30 PM Wife goes to bed, brush teeth.
11:30 PM-2 AM Me time.

7 AM-7:15 AM Wake up. Drag body downstairs to make coffee, slip into comatose state till coffee is ready.
7:15 AM-7:30 AM Attempt to wake up 6 year old ENTP repeatedly, until finally having to drag him out of bed bodily, place him in a standing up position, and block the route back to the bed, while dressing and preparing breakfast for 2 year old.
7:30 AM-7:45 AM Ye--tell 6 year old to get dressed, eat breakfast, and please wear underwear this morning!
7:45 AM-8 AM Shower, dress, and possibly eat breakfast and make 6 year old's lunch.
8 AM-8:15 AM Find children's shoes and put them on them. Ye--tell 6 year old to put shoes on. Place his uneaten breakfast into a container for trip to school.
8:15 AM-8:30 AM Blissful morning traffic. Drop 6 year old off.
8:30 AM-8:45 AM More blissful morning traffic. Drop 2 year old off.
8:45 AM-9 AM Even more blissful morning traffic! Arrive at work.
9 AM-9:30 AM Respond to only friend's messages.
9:30 AM-11:45 AM Cleverly interleave work with internet relaxation to avoid work related stress disorder and internet addiction simultaneously.
11:45 AM-12:45 PM Lunch.
12:45 PM-4 PM Realize morning has been wasted, promise self to buckle down and get things done.
4 PM-5 PM Work.
5 PM-6 PM Exercise, only happy moment of entire week.
6 PM-6:30 PM Cook dinner for family. While wife insists she needs some alone time, children begin daily unpacking of household items.
6:30 PM-7 PM Eat, ye--tell 6 year old to eat.
7 PM-7:15 PM Clear dishes and throw away 6 year old's uneaten food.
7:15 PM-8:30 PM Black out.
8:30 PM-8:45 PM Bath time!
8:45 PM-8:50 PM Mop up contents of bath from floor.
8:50 PM-9 PM Put 2 year old to bed if not already passed out on floor (him not me, hopefully).
9 PM-9:30 PM Clean up and read to 6 year old.
9:30 PM-10 PM Answer 6 year old ENTP's questions about what we just read and put him to bed.
10 PM-10:05 PM Make a stiff one.
10:05 PM-11:30 PM Watch TV with wife, while 6 year old appears periodically with complaints about lack of service, volume, need to eat.
11:30 PM Wife goes to bed, brush teeth.
11:30 PM-2 AM Me time.

Even that grass looks greener from here. =P

Saturday:

Wake up about 5 minutes before i would usually get up in the week
Que determination to have a lie in
Go back to sleep
Wake up at about 10 and have a shower
Walk to the shop, buy a pint of milk and a steak pie
Have a coffee and eat my pie
Walk into town and wander aimlessly. Maybe buy something i don't really need
Get some chicken and chips from the bakers and eat whilst walking home
Go round to my mates house for an hour
Go back home and read a book or watch some tv
Either stay in and read or go toMates and get drunk
Go to bed about 1am

6:00-wake up and reflect in the shower
7:00-leave for school/prayer time
8:00-Breakfast and down time with Lisa
9:00-Cell Biology
11:00-Honors European history (Ecology)
12:00-Lunch
2:00-Organic Chemistry (Choir)
3:00-Head to the library to wait out traffic/finish homework
5:45-Head home/Prayer time
6:30-Dinner time
7:30-Jeopardy
8:00-Reading time
9:00-Shower and get ready for bed
10:00-Reading/reflection
12:00-sleep

i like this thread

the cat wakes me up around 5:00am to go outside. i let her out and then fall back asleep.
awake around 7am on weekdays
minimal routine-get breakfast, showered, dressed, pack a lunch
try to get out the door by 7:45
to work. these days i am going to the same office every day. i usually travel a bit more for work so my day could start in some other city. but i'm staying close by this fall while going through treatment.
usually drive through evil starbucks on the way to work
work at my desk from 8ish to noonish answering emails, doing data things, researching issues etc.
sometimes go to other people's desks to help them with something
twenty minutes or so in the lunchroom with work friends talking about evening and weekend plans
most days stay at my desk til about 2:30
home to rest, visit with daughter, look at internet. do a few more work things, some small house chores
go somewhere for a short walk
around 6pm start finding some dinner makings and have something to eat
watch a couple episodes of cash cab or no reservations
rest. read. repeat. look at internet. maybe write a few things at opendiary or facebook.
do some goofy exercising on wii fit
around 9pm watch about an hour or two of tv or a movie
go to bed with a book

I sense some patterns afoot :m155:

Reactions: rawr
Pattern - Almost everyone sets aside or schedules in some quiet or alone time during the day.

Typical weekday:

5:15 AM - Wake up
5:45 AM - Practice
7:30 AM - Breakfast
Various times throughout the day - Classes, homework, INTERNET!, friends if we have the time, chilling
3:30 PM - Practice
6:00 PM - Dinner
Afterwards homework, procrastination, chilling, and going to bed at some point.

Weekends:

Basically anything. Anytime.

Pattern - Almost everyone sets aside or schedules in some quiet or alone time during the day.

Not sure if I really schedule it in. Usually it just kind of happens. When I'm with people for too long, though, I usually notice and get kind of anxious, or zone out completely.

Last edited:
0145h Awake. Fall asleep happy it's not time to get up.
0345h What is it this time!?! Fall back to sleep.
0445h For God's sakes...
0545h Alarm rings. Snooze for a few more minutes. Really hate the thought of getting up.
0554h Alright! I'm up. Shower. Clears hatred of mornings a little.
0615h Blessed cup of coffee. Gather items for work.
0640h Thankful that car starts and has enough gas. Dodge construction on way to work.
0720h Arrive at work. Unfortunately, muscles and joints have stiffened up making the first few minutes walking into hospital somewhat, I don't know, excruciating.
0730h Usual discussion/disagreement over work assignment. For some reason, a certain person has decided I should look after the most difficult patients. Also expected to catch newborn at a c-section at 0800h. One of the patients has recently hemorrhaged, the other starts seizuring and doesn't come out of it for HOURS.
1500h Combination morning break and lunch. I tune out everyone else and just stay in my own bubble.
1600h Day is getting better. Patient 1 hasn't bled again and Patient 2 is lucid , but on heavy duty intravenous antiseizure medication. Oh did I mention I was team leader of the unit? Guess I should look at staffing for the night shift and following day shift.
1700h Start documentation of nursing care. This will take about 2 hours to get right. Also expected to provide care, relieve other nurses for their supper, update supervisor and manager of situation.
1930h Official quitting time. But I will be here another hour completing documentation. Also have to hand off report to the oncoming shift.
2030h Start home.
2115h, Finally home, exhausted.
2230h Set alarm, sleep.
0030h What I am I doing awake?