WoW, man. | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

WoW, man.

he's talking about runescape
Played runescape a few years ago. Last I remember, the economy in that game was entirely human managed and followed the rules of supply and demand. I thought that was kind of a neat contrast to games like WoW, Guild Wars and Runes of Magic, where most players got gold and armor from quests rather than purchasing them from other players.

Is it just me or are horde players more aggressive and possibly immature....... 3rd day on a human paladin, and been ganked by two level 80 rogues already. One actually repeat killed me 3 times! When I was horde, it took 2 weeks for me to be ganked twice.

Edit... 3 times...

Last edited:
I played all through alpha and beta and then had one of the 1st characters on the east coast when WoW when live. I played for a few years and at one point was the guildmaster of the most successful horde guild on my server. I was basically playing 40 hours a week which was killing my social life and my gf played too we ran the guild together... one night we got into a mean argument because of in game shit and I decided that that was over with. I came back and left in a similar fashioned 2 times, I have a level 80 Holy/Disc Priest on Thrall

About 2 weeks in now... lvl 49 undead affliction warlock. I'm only on affliction for leveling purposes. I'll probably dual spec destruction/demonology when I decide to start PvP. I trained engineering/mining :D:D I think rocket boots and rocket helmet will be good!

I haven't really PvP'd at all. I think my character control skills are kinda weak. I should practice in battlegrounds some...
Dual spec'd 57 warlock. 190 spellpower!! Super leveling gear. Almost all blues, including trinkets! Even my wand is +20 spellpower!! I just 3x DoT (2 are insta-cast) and it's enough to kill a mob my level. So I can just plow through DoTing one mob after the other continuously, and by the time I start the 4th, the 1st is already dead! Voidswalker sacrifice gives me a 1500hp shield for 30 sec, cooldown time 1 minute, and I got talent special that gives me healing from DoT spell. Talent special + lifetap + improved drain mana regen means I can literally go continuous! Unfortunately mobs don't line up all that perfectly... so I do have to mount up briefly after every 3-5 mobs. And stop to loot...

I got a few pieces of +stamina to swap off for PvP too. I might hafta buy Burning Crusade soon!

sounds like you got your warlock strategy down.. i play that same way in PVP.. DOTs will still kill even after you die..
here is my lock...
i'm usually in affliction specs simply for PVP purposes... the Felhunter comes in hand with PVP cause he will either devour the DOTs on you or devour the buffs on enemy players...
i use VW for PVE though...

I played all through alpha and beta and then had one of the 1st characters on the east coast when WoW when live. I played for a few years and at one point was the guildmaster of the most successful horde guild on my server. I was basically playing 40 hours a week which was killing my social life and my gf played too we ran the guild together... one night we got into a mean argument because of in game shit and I decided that that was over with. I came back and left in a similar fashioned 2 times, I have a level 80 Holy/Disc Priest on Thrall

since our primary guild leader left and got married, our guild has pretty much fell apart... thankfully, there are still some officers that have stayed except they are not as much anymore as when they were back in the old days...

time changes everything...

Two purples? +1100 Spell? Wow. If you're doing that well in PvP you must be a really good player with that gear.

Here's my druid. All purples, +2200 spell in Boomkin.

yea, im still working on my sets for my rogue and DK...

i picked up the purple trinket on a random drop in Icecrown, doing a daily on my warrior...

lol, never expected that to drop...

edit---
what is it with ally and night elves..?

Last edited:
I used to play WoW... thinking I might come back someday! - I have an 80 blood elf Priest, I love healing - I always play healers in games! I was a Holy Priest. I also had an 80 DK (doesn't everyone?) I also enjoy tanking if I'm not the healer. Had a 70 warrior on Allies too, again for tanking, it's fun, preferred it to DK I think, DK is too easy! Also have lower levs Druid and Paladin, both healers :) Aww. memories.

I expect Icecrown is fun, it seemed so far away when I quit after one week of that Joke they called the Colliseum. Ulduar was good, I loved the hard modes, actually that was my favourite raid along with Karazham in tbc.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thaurissan&cn=Marbz My druid, was level 50 or so when BC hit. Trying to get my gear up outside of raiding is probably the least rewarding thing ever ): but had to step down due to uni. Healed in BC, MTed for the start of Wrath and ended up cat because my guild(This was on Saurfang, transferred to Thaurissan to be with an old raiding friend from bc) ended up with too many tanks so ended kitty dps 'cause I was too awesome :p. Was even Melee role lead until uni bit me in the arse.
(Was a casual guild with LOTS of freeloaders, sure got the melee in line though, top 5 dps were melee after I reviewed them all. So proud :m204: lol)

Would like to get back into raiding but likely not untill cat hits

I'm guessing because humans can't be Druids?

ya, i know... i just asked that cause when i started playing on Cho-gal, i started as a night elf rogue... now it seems every time someone links an ally, its (9/10) a night elf... of some sort...

i've made a human mage and gnome DK on another realm... and a night elf druid lowbie... only cause i have a tauren druid also...

when Cata comes out, i am making my first hunter, a goblin... and a Worgen of some sort...

DPS classes, pfffft so dime a dozen, you guys gotta level up a holy priest and a tank, then tell me about shit haha.

lols wish I didn't try out shadow til I got to lvl80... I remember being a noob and leveling as holy priest, this was before the day of spell power for healers, I had "healing power" which meant soloing was painfully slow, and I didn't realise it til I tried shadow and was like "ok this is easier!!" Disc is fun, I think it's great for 5mans, Holy is ftw in raids though, soo powerful. Oh dear I'm starting to write as if I'm playing the game again.. haha!

As for DPS classes, I did enjoy huntard - for soloing and questing, it always felt like more of an adventure, me my pet, bow and arrows off into the wilderness, I dunno I enjoyed it^^ Possibly as it was so much easier than priest :m204:

... i've been working on lvling my disc/shadow priest...

Shadow is awesome, before it was nerfed it was 10X more awesome. I used to MC horde and jump them into the lava in BRM hahaha.

But Disc/Holy end game raiding is some of the best spot healing and MT healing you could hope for, even better then Druid IMO with all those HOTs, my priest is a Draeni so he has 2 hots, but it was cool to raid like that. I havent played since last March.