WoW, man. | INFJ Forum

WoW, man.

Introspiritual

Community Member
Dec 24, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
I've seen a couple others mention it here (explicitly and implicitly), so I thought I'd ask. Anyone else into the Warcrack? What role do you tend to play? What is the draw of the game to you?

WoW never stuck to me until I picked up a Warrior, which is 180 degrees from my typical RPG experience (mage/healer). I look at it as : "If I'm taking the hits, you aren't." I tend to play to see the storyline unfold, better my character, and to get weird achievements.

I find the game is diverse enough that there are numerous ways to express yourself, and this is probably a chunk of its appeal.

big (BIG) time player...

Horde...

i love the story line, indepth, get the wierd acheivements and just basically have fun with the Player vs Player (PVP) side of it...

i have 3 (almost 4) 80's plus some low lvl characters...

i started plying as a rogue, and i tend to play in a very roguish kinda style..

once i converted to Horde, i lvl'd a warrior to 80 who is and will always be my main character... now dual-spec'd fury/tank... but i just stay fury with him cause im always in PVP... very aggressive style, bash and slash...

my 80 assassination/subtle rogue, now this one i have a lot of fun with.. when i am just ticked off by all the alliance rogues, ill log him to really do some damage...

80 frost death knight = she is an undead beautiful creation of frost/unholy presence...

im lvling my affliction warlock to 80, he's at 73 right now... just the power of destruction is why i made him...

my first healer is a priest, yet i've found he's very formitable in PVP, spec'd in shadow... just as powerful as a warlock...

my lvl 30 arcane mage is beautiful... and heartless... just as fun as my warlock and shadow priest....

and lastly, my druid... strictly heals...

i can tank with either my warrior or dk, but i'd rather dps.. my guild knows that i am a big dps/pvp kinda person...

the story lines are immense... i've went back and did most of the bigger story lines in the classic warcraft...

like the Cenarion Circle and the Argent Dawn achievements (which are most likely going away when the new Cataclysm expansion comes out in November)... of course, you have to install the expansion to see the new world... but everything is getting ripped apart and new lands are going to grow...

there are story lines that go back to Warcraft III; like when the Lich King rose High Elf Sylvanas Windrunner from the dead to serve him, yet she rebeled and escaped to Undercity in the ruin of Laederon to raise the Armies of the Undead and made herself the Banshee Queen of the undead...

there are other story lines that i've yet to find out completely; like with the uncovering of the Dark Portal in the Black Morass...

it can be a very in-depth game, very interactive, and pretty fun...

i've played Warcraft III a few times, but i gave it away since i was already exposed to the graphics of WoW, and i caught a few glimpses of the story lines and all... but i've actually only been a WoW player for the last 3 years...

having some old military buddies, who play the game as well, helps me keep in contact with them even after leaving the military over a year ago... so we get on, have a good time, and run some stuff... you know, the whole commaderie thing...

we all know there is a real life each one of us has, and i do plenty of work outside... i go to church, work... pay bills, etc...

but its cool cause in my guild, there are spouses that play, their kids interrupt the game when we are running something... and our age range is anywhere from 16-45...

not too bad of a game though...

i just like being able to come home, turn on my comp and camp for a few hours before going to bed...

what rly struck me about the game though, is just the sociology side of it...

cause everybody has got to work together...

well, thats all i've got...

FOR THE HORDE!!

the Lich King ROCKS!!! :)

Last edited:
Played for 3 weeks, hated it.
Moved on to games that have real PVP and a functioning economy.

I tried it once years ago, I don't think I'll go back. That game sucked my life into oblivion.

I made it to lvl 70 as a Dwarf Engineer Tank/Warrior.

I loved being in the front line exploring stuff and providing all the high tech stuff to people.

I was just a tank, being in a guild throughout leveling up somehow people elected me to be the leader, I guess because I thought everybody as a whole.

I didn't like the changes how people took the game so freakin' serious when it came to those raids and bosses in end game stuff. On top of that people form other guilds bugged me to help out and join; even higher ranking ones, I stuck with one. I was more about the fun and exploration then the equipment and shit.

I had other twinks and had a lot of fun with those too.

As a goodbye party, I gathered all the people in the server and called them out to that place where there is a big dragon protecting a portal I think near the human start place, I can't re member the names. From lvl 10's to 20's to 70's. A lot of people were there.

We all died!

But it was fun.

Check this out:

Headless Horseman '07 (I'm the one recording "Santa in debt"):

[YOUTUBE]Mqs8zwCs5og[/YOUTUBE]

I have a copy of it somewhere around here, but not gonna install it.
I used to play Everquest 2 hardcore, I had to be best and that takes time, lots of time. I have no intentions on doing so again, besides I'm not a big fan of wow as I prefer more complex mmo's.

Many of my friends have been wow addicted though, teh horror!

wow-jenkins.jpg

Played it several months ago, had fun here and there. I joined a guild led by an ENTP which was fun for awhile, but an INFJ kept harassing me to join her guild and I eventually relented. I was in that guild for about a month and contributed a lot of stuff to it but it turned out the INFJ was too neurotic for me to continue hanging around with and I left the guild unable to find a good new one. Then I got bored of WoW.

I enjoyed doing instances with a party, having guild meetings, and raiding low lvl towns with them. I think the guilds are really what make it enjoyable.

My main was a Lv. 58 Undead Priest (discipline/holy), with really good dueling skills (shield and fear FTW). I once beat a guy 10 levels above me, but his equipment was totally weak (almost all whites)

Last edited:
Heh. I'll play to pass the time, and I have one lvl 60 (that I guess I could do more with) and I have characters scattered all *over* the realms. Different friends played on different servers, so...yeah. I created a lot of new characters for new friends. :D

But I recently picked up a Warlock. Man, those guys level FAST! I'd never played one and geez. In two days I got to lvl 10. I'll probably see how fast I can level her, and then see what happens later.

I like 'locks. They're good to have in a party, and their ability to teleport other players is pretty cool too.

I used to play a lot before I joined the Military. I was an undead rogue in guild Dominion; a top raiding/pvp guild on server Archimonde (first pvp server).

I was one of the first to get Bloodfang, Thunderfury and various other items during that time.

I played as combat most of that time and I was one of the highest dpsers on the server.

A bit after Burning Crusade the guild dismantled and some of the older guild members joined Nurfed.

I tried playing a bit without Dominion but it wasn't the same and I just didn't enjoy it anymore.

And that is WoW for me.

I do not game as hard as I did in the past however I do play League of Legends which was made by the same people who created the Warcraft 3 mod DOTA. I'm also waiting for SC2 and D3.

Last edited:
I've actually never played this game before. I think because it costs a monthly fee and my mom as well as I think that's ridiculous.

But I recently picked up a Warlock. Man, those guys level FAST! I'd never played one and geez. In two days I got to lvl 10. I'll probably see how fast I can level her, and then see what happens later.

They are leveling MACHINES. They convert mana to health, health to mana, can drain health or mana as needed. The only thing that slows them down is the fact that their pets can't loot for them.

I got one to level 21 in 11 hours.

Yeah, I'm not touching this with a ten-foot pole. I'd get addicted and turn out like that South Park episode (and I'm not even joking).

But I admit, I've been immensely curious.

I used to play a bit of casual WoW as a gnome warlock. Later I played some Warhammer Online as a Runepriest (dwarven healer). Warhammer Online has really great gameplay focusing on huge PvP battles. I liked that.

Yeah, wait until after Law School for these games.

By then the nightmare of all nerds who value their real lives will have been unleashed...

Star Wars: The Old Republic

DoooooooOOOOoooommmm~

Nah, I think it's best if I stay away from computer games for the rest of my life. I spend enough time online as it is. :)

I'll play vicariously through you, VH. Particularly if you like playing the rogue class. I've always had a soft spot for low lives in the fantasy genre (although I hate elves with a passion).

Last edited:
Nah, I think it's best if I stay away from computer games for the rest of my life. I spend enough time online as it is. :)

I'll play vicariously through you, VH. Particularly if you like playing the rogue class. I've always had a soft spot for low lives in the fantasy genre (although I hate elves with a vengeance).

You'll need another surrogate then. I only play Elves, and I never play Rogues. I play the 'good guy' hybrid tank classes, like Paladins and Druids.

You'll need another surrogate then. I only play Elves, and I never play Rogues. I play the 'good guy' hybrid tank classes, like Paladins and Druids.

I don't mind Paladins, but I won't forgive you for the elves.

Friendship over.

;-)

I played for a good two years but stopped after classes got too intense that and the constant changes that derailed my rogue was what made me retire him from play.

I might pick it back up again after this spring semester, we shall see