What that movie scene means to you | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

What that movie scene means to you

Here's my Top 10 scenes of all-time (sorry, I went overboard; I'm a propah film geek I think). Some break my heart, some warm it. A few touch my soul whilst others shake it to its core. But none fail to make me cry (every time).

I'd love to write about what they mean to me at some point. But right now, I think doing that would pull me into the abyss.

The Godfather (1972)

The Godfather (1972).mp4_snapshot_02.30.02_[2019.08.08_17.40.10].jpg
...and now I feel a heaviness on my heart, not knowing fully what I'm feeling. But I think I might ugly cry if I start delving into why it's so special. So I'll leave it at that for now haha.

Sorry for being weird.

Good Will Hunting (1997)

Good.Will.Hunting.1997.1080p.BrRip.x264.YIFY.mp4_snapshot_01.50.44_[2019.09.01_23.03.51].jpg

Dead Poets Society (1989)

Dead Poets Society (1989).mp4_snapshot_02.04.38_[2019.02.14_03.34.39].jpg

Free Willy (1993)

Free Willy (1993).mp4_snapshot_01.43.55_[2019.09.20_18.00.02].jpg

The Godfather Part II (1974)

The Godfather Part II (1974) The Coppola Restoration.mp4_snapshot_00.54.39_[2019.12.18_19.21.15].jpg

Stand By Me (1986)

Stand by Me (1986).mp4_snapshot_00.56.43.715.jpg

Stand By Me (1986)

Stand by Me (1986).mp4_snapshot_01.13.38.107.jpg

Brokeback Mountain (2005)

Mountain.mkv_snapshot_02.07.30_[2020.02.06_00.59.13].jpg

Magnolia (1999)

Magnolia.1999.720p.Bluray.x264.anoXmous.mp4_snapshot_02.33.55.043.jpg

Call Me By Your Name (2017)

Call (2017).mkv_snapshot_01.58.48_[2019.12.25_17.37.50].jpg

That movie as a whole is so convoluted. Too many story lines and I missed this. Thank you for pointing it out :) Makes me think of the guy I wanted to say he liked me as I was getting married to the jerk I fell for. I would have scrapped all plans to get married had he said I had a chance with him.
<3 Awww Moon. I know what you mean so well!

Here's my Top 10 scenes of all-time (sorry, I went overboard; I'm a propah film geek I think). Some break my heart, some warm it. A few touch my soul whilst others shake it to its core. But none fail to make me cry (every time).

I'd love to write about what they mean to me at some point. But right now, I think doing that would pull me into the abyss.

The Godfather (1972)

View attachment 63156
...and now I feel a heaviness on my heart, not knowing fully what I'm feeling. But I think I might ugly cry if I start delving into why it's so special. So I'll leave it at that for now haha.

Sorry for being weird.

Good Will Hunting (1997)

View attachment 63157

Dead Poets Society (1989)

View attachment 63158

Free Willy (1993)

View attachment 63159

View attachment 63160

Stand By Me (1986)

View attachment 63161

Stand By Me (1986)

View attachment 63162

Brokeback Mountain (2005)

View attachment 63163

Magnolia (1999)

View attachment 63164

Call Me By Your Name (2017)

View attachment 63165
Oh @Jonah Caan youre not being weird. Thank you for sharing this, I love most of these movies, and some I havent seen! I love how you said if you tried to describe it you might get pulled into the abyss... I can relate so much to that statement you have NO CLUE!!! Some people that know me well enough on here (actually very few, two maybe three!) would understand, lol. But my overflowing emotions even when I am not in Paxil withdrawal are very powerful and it is so easy to lose myself as a result!!!!

@April This entire thread opens up a door to loosing ourselves :)

Since posting, I've found myself watching clip after clip of behind the scenes of the Hobbit. It was that or Toy story 4. Hmm... Pixar is wonderful, but no contest. :)

Some fantastic actors here, absolutely amazing, but my heart is with the creative and logistics teams involved in making films. They're the magic touch.

Last edited:
@Asa wins, obviously :sunglasses:

And @Jonah Caan yes!

the-godfather-part-ii-1974-the-coppola-restoration-mp4_snapshot_00-54-39_-2019-12-18_19-21-15-jpg.63160
Gets his wife a pear. Such a modest and everyday love scene; brilliant.

I've got a few, but I'll share three:

Cosmic Agape
Awe, pride and belongingness for humanity in 2001. This scene somehow captured everything about humanity - the juxtaposition of a waltz with a spacecraft docking scene is simple awesome (in the old sense of the word) and beautiful and humourous, and it comes after that jump cut.

There are a lot of scenes from the various Godfather movies that are very powerful, so I'll avoid the obvious ones, but these hit me in more subtle ways for their humanness.
Hindsight, nostalgia, regret, loss.

If you really want to get me to bawl like a baby, though, show me some principled heroism & love.
Every. Fucking. Time. Pride, determination, passion, courage, love to the end. Courage really hits me hard, and I'll weep through gritted teeth. Fuck. This is where my soul lives.

Oh @Jonah Caan youre not being weird. Thank you for sharing this, I love most of these movies, and some I havent seen! I love how you said if you tried to describe it you might get pulled into the abyss... I can relate so much to that statement you have NO CLUE!!! Some people that know me well enough on here (actually very few, two maybe three!) would understand, lol. But my overflowing emotions even when I am not in Paxil withdrawal are very powerful and it is so easy to lose myself as a result!!!!

Cheers @April :) Yes I know exactly what you mean!

In regards to The Godfather scene for example (1), I've had a very turbulent relationship with my father since I can remember; a relationship that has taken me a very long time to finally find myself (after door-slamming my dad). I'm still in that process.

But that relationship between Don Corleone and his son Michael is beautiful; it was like a dream to me watching it as a lost kid, longing for his father's love. It showed me that there is a possibility of good fathers in this world, and it gave me peace to know that some boys had those kind of relationships with their dads; that the world wasn't that bad after all.

But Don Corleone and Michael also became my role models, as did the great men that played them, simply because of the wisdom and love they carried in their hearts and souls in real-life too. Yes the story was one of gangsters, but the way they carried themselves as men made me question what makes a good man. As a teenager it made me think about the importance of trust, respect, friendship, love, justice and so on and how to apply these to be a good man.

In this scene, the father is worried about his son and feels some regret; that there never was enough time. But Micheal simply says "We'll get there Pop, we'll get there". It's the passing of wisdom from the father to the son; the father becoming the son, and the son the father. And that deep trust and respect they have for each other.

It also turned out that this line was just as important to someone special in my life, which made it even greater for me.

I feel like I'm just waffling. The scene and film affects me deeper than I can put into words, I think. And my subconscious helps me make sense of my feelings through film and songs.

I'm still trying to figure me out haha.

And as I think that, my mind tells me "I'll get there".

x

In regards to The Godfather scene for example (1), I've had a very turbulent relationship with my father since I can remember; a relationship that has taken me a very long time to finally find myself (after door-slamming my dad). I'm still in that process.

But that relationship between Don Corleone and his son Michael is beautiful; it was like a dream to me watching it as a lost kid, longing for his father's love. It showed me that there is a possibility of good fathers in this world, and it gave me peace to know that some boys had those kind of relationships with their dads; that the world wasn't that bad after all.

But Don Corleone and Michael also become my role models, as did the great men that played them, simply because of the wisdom and love they carried in their hearts and souls in real-life too. Yes the story was one of gangsters, but the way they carried themselves as men made me question what makes a good man. As a teenager it made me think about the importance of trust, respect, friendship, love, justice and so on and how to apply these to be a good man.

In this scene, the father is worried about his son and feels some regret; that there never was enough time. But Micheal simply says "We'll get there Pop, we'll get there". It's the passing of wisdom from the father to the son; the father becoming the son, and the son the father. And that deep trust and respect they have for each other.

It also turned out that this line was just as important to someone special in my life, which made it even greater for me.

I feel like I'm just waffling. The scene and film affects me deeper than I can put into words, I think. And my subconscious helps me make sense of my feelings through film and songs.

x
Wow! Are you me? Haha. I love this place! So many minds think similar! That is such a beautiful description of that scene!!! <3

But Don Corleone and Michael also became my role models, as did the great men that played them, simply because of the wisdom and love they carried in their hearts and souls in real-life too. Yes the story was one of gangsters, but the way they carried themselves as men made me question what makes a good man. As a teenager it made me think about the importance of trust, respect, friendship, love, justice and so on and how to apply these to be a good man.

x
Perfect, Jonah, I really feel you here.
:<3white:

Hahah:) I know, same here April:)

Thank you for this thread! Thinking and writing about that scene has been really cathartic; feel like a weight's been lifted off my heart.

x
IKR... And you're welcome! Im still emotional every time I watch the video on my original post in this thread. What a warrior! Then to let himself be defeated when he could have EASILY demolished that evil orc. Gah.... I know its fiction but it means to much underneath all that... do you feel me?

IKR... And you're welcome! Im still emotional every time I watch the video on my original post in this thread. What a warrior! Then to let himself be defeated when he could have EASILY demolished that evil orc. Gah.... I know its fiction but it means to much underneath all that... do you feel me?

Absolutely April; I feel that:)

I've only just 'discovered' and fallen in love with Studio Ghibli films and going through the catalogue but I think you'd love them, after reading your post:)

Absolutely April; I feel that:)

I've only just 'discovered' and fallen in love with Studio Ghibli films and going through the catalogue but I think you'd love them, after reading your post:)
Where are they? What are they about? :)