What that movie scene means to you | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What that movie scene means to you

Crossroads. .
Lightening a young man who is classically trained in guitar locates Willie Brown and takes him to the crossroads to meet the devil to try and trade with the devil to get his soul back. . the Devil tells him he will give Willie his soul if Lightening can defeat his guitar player, and if Lightening losses he gets his soul too. . over Willie's objection.Lightening agrees. . we are then taken to the battle, So you have the devil's guitar player and Lightening trading licks. . Lightening eventually wins using classical techniques he learned in his studies. . amazing guitar playing ensues.. Lightening wins, and the Devils ters up Willie's contract. .

For me it's that scene from the Lion King:

Aside from the fact that Mufasa displays some great parenting skills, when I was a kid, this scene right there hit me in the feels as it taught me that courage doesn't mean fearlessness (at that point in my life, I felt bad whenever I experienced bad emotions and whenever I was scared, I felt weak). Thanks to this scene, I learnt that it's ok to be scared and to only be brave when we need to be (whenever I need to protect something that is important to me for example). It also taught me that we are all going to die one day and that one day, I will lose my parents too, but it will be ok as they'll live on in my heart.

When I looked back at that scene as an adolescent, it made me think a lot about how I manage my emotions and I learnt to accept all negative emotions that I experience instead of hiding them or ignoring them. If I think back, this movie has a special place in my heart because it's partly thanks to it that I am who I am today. Funny how one can learn so much from a kids movie; this one of the reasons why Lion King is my favourite movie.

P.S. Mufasa is my role model as a dad, I hope that when the time comes, I'll be as wise as him with my kids ^^

Aside from the fact that Mufasa displays some great parenting skills, when I was a kid, this scene right there hit me in the feels as it taught me that courage doesn't mean fearlessness (at that point in my life, I felt bad whenever I experienced bad emotions and whenever I was scared, I felt weak). Thanks to this scene, I learnt that it's ok to be scared and to only be brave when we need to be (whenever I need to protect something that is important to me for example). It also taught me that we are all going to die one day and that one day, I will lose my parents too, but it will be ok as they'll live on in my heart.

When I looked back at that scene as an adolescent, it made me think a lot about how I manage my emotions and I learnt to accept all negative emotions that I experience instead of hiding them or ignoring them. If I think back, this movie has a special place in my heart because it's partly thanks to it that I am who I am today. Funny how one can learn so much from a kids movie; this one of the reasons why Lion King is my favourite movie.

P.S. Mufasa is my role model as a dad, I hope that when the time comes, I'll be as wise as him with my kids ^^
Dear God that is so wholesome. I love it. I can't tell you how many times I cried in Lion King. Man. It's one of my favorites too. <3

Crossroads. .
Lightening a young man who is classically trained in guitar locates Willie Brown and takes him to the crossroads to meet the devil to try and trade with the devil to get his soul back. . the Devil tells him he will give Willie his soul if Lightening can defeat his guitar player, and if Lightening losses he gets his soul too. . over Willie's objection.Lightening agrees. . we are then taken to the battle, So you have the devil's guitar player and Lightening trading licks. . Lightening eventually wins using classical techniques he learned in his studies. . amazing guitar playing ensues.. Lightening wins, and the Devils ters up Willie's contract. .
WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO! Yeah son play that thing! :) Man thats a cool battle. but cringy at the end with the other guy not being able to keep up... haha. Loved it!

Last edited:
Love Actually. no natter how many times I see this movie I always sink into this character. In love with a "friend". . I lived that life for many years, and know he feeling well. . He is the photographer at her wedding, but only takes pictures of her. .an argument then this. .

that is something I would do in a heartbeat. .

Love Actually. no natter how many times I see this movie I always sink into this character. In love with a "friend". . I lived that life for many years, and know he feeling well. . He is the photographer at her wedding, but only takes pictures of her. .an argument then this. .

Omg. I cried. Beautifullll :sob:

FFS I cry at everything right now. But still these moments that were meant to move us... they not only move us but they shape our desires, hopes, dreams, goals, fears, insecurities, I mean damit they are perfectly orchestrated to pull the heart strings. And that they do.

FFS I cry at everything right now. But still these moments that were meant to move us... they not only move us but they shape our desires, hopes, dreams, goals, fears, insecurities, I mean damit they are perfectly orchestrated to pull the heart strings. And that they do.
I cry every time I watch it. . like when I posted it

There are a lot of scenes I love, but Daniel Plainviews' baptism is probably my favorite. He's so pathologically driven towards his goal that he essentially destroys everyone around him to achieve it, even going as far as kidnapping a random infant from a deceased employee and raising him as his own son. He did it simply to help manipulate people when the boy was older; having a young, sweet face lent the credibility of a family man and helped endear others to him so he could expand his business. He eventually quasi-abandons the boy, named H.W.

Plainview is so driven to achieve power over his life that he will sink to the level of public self-degradation just to get something he needs from his competitor, Eli, a fake "man of God" who is intent on preying on the same community that Daniel is, but in a different way. Daniel humiliates himself in his competitors' newly established church (he doesn't believe in religion and knows Eli is a con man), being forced in front of the congregation to pretend like he's begging for salvation -- recounting all his sins including that of abandoning H.W.

You start to realize Daniel actually loves H.W. and deeply hates himself for abandoning him. Eli made him confess for real.

But the look of barely hidden revulsion when he's sitting in the pew at first and the anger and self-hatred he shows when admitting to his worst moral failings is amazing to me.

Reactions: April and Rit4lin

That movie as a whole is so convoluted. Too many story lines and I missed this. Thank you for pointing it out :) Makes me think of the guy I wanted to say he liked me as I was getting married to the jerk I fell for. I would have scrapped all plans to get married had he said I had a chance with him.

Bass!

Further!

Everyone!

Betrayal!

Do it again!

He can't hear you.
This isn't my favorite scene, but my favorite gives away the ending.

Last edited:
Love Actually.

That is a great scene. I'm sad to hear you lived it. I would say more, but it must be like picking at an old wound to talk about it. :(

My favorite scene in that movie for poignant moments (funny moments = when Rickman "Snapes" his way across the jewelry case and when the chauffeur sings) is when Emma Thompson's character excuses herself so she can pull herself together when she figures out her husband is cheating. The entire time she acts like the perfect mother and spouse in front of her children so as not to ruin the holiday. What strength.

He can't hear you. . such a powerful moment. .

That movie is fantastic. It's so interesting to watch the story of Beethoven, Oldman is so good I forget I'm watching an actor, and it is so tragically romantic.

Now I want to re-watch "There Will Be Blood". Thanks @Korg, for writing about it. Daniel Day-Lewis is brilliant.

Last edited:
This whole film is a fucking gem but can't put it all here :(
No words really
And of course, the hero of LoTR

This is beautiful to read Milkshake. That scene always makes me cry; when Mufasa tells Simba that he was scared and it was because he feared losing him. Taught me exactly the same. x

My dad was very absent emotionally and Mufasa still remains one of my role models in life.

But this scene, when father and son are laughing and playing under the stars , with Hans Zimmer's score blessing them, always brings tears to my eyes.

Thank you for sharing that:)

P.S. It would have been a dream to have a father who thinks as you do.

Like tears in the rain.

OMG! I watched this film for the first time a couple of months ago and I can't get it out of my mind. Completely fallen in love with it.

Everything about it gets me in my heart; the characters, cinematography, score...

But this scene with Batty. Just epic. One of my all-time favourites.

Beautiful xxx