What that movie scene means to you | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Featured What that movie scene means to you

Discussion in 'Art, Entertainment, and Media' started by April, Feb 4, 2020.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 8 users.
More threads by April
  1. OP
    April

April Well-known member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    :hearteyes:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Aneirin likes this.
  2. Odyne

Odyne Organic

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    Enneagram:
    The movie Mother was a movie that hit me the hardest. I understand how Aronofsky intended to be a tale of Mother Nature, God and Man. That's not how I saw it or interpreted it. The movie really spoke to my most basic fear; others in my personal sphere. Unwanted people in my world dragging their bullshit habits, beliefs, prejudices and problems into an inner world that I carefuly maintain, groom and nurture.

The most difficult scene to watch through was when Jennifer Lawrence wakes up and her baby is gone. Her husband, the one who is supposed to be a protector, took it and gave it away to the world. The world consumed it, and when she raged against the world, they beat her down almost to death. To me, the symbolism was profound. I had a hard time digesting that scene, not because I am a mother myself, but because it played out my worst and basic fear of how the most precious piece of yourself can be snatched away from you and ruined, yourself decimated in the process, if you are not careful who you let in and who you trust. The scene also showcased the worst part of humanity and the extent to which herd mentality (peer pressure, group thinking, cliques, cults etc.) can be dangerous when morality is spread thin amongst a large number of individuals. I get nervous in crowded places for this reason. I don't trust people and I leave at the smallest sign of unrest.

Here is the scene. I still have a hard time going through it in one shot.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Vict, Ren, Rit4lin and 3 others like this.
  3. Rit4lin

Rit4lin Community Member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INxx

One of the best movies imo, I think it's so entertaining but thought provoking too. Luckily it turns out the whole thing is on YouTube ;D

Aneirin and Ren like this.