What that movie scene means to you | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

What that movie scene means to you

The scene between Borden and Angier at the end of The Prestige captures a kind of success and failure that I can understand, something beyond the broad financial ambitions that almost everyone around me shares. The obsessive drive to achieve a specific moment. There's a level of pure gratification that comes from either succeeding completely or utterly failing. Either way, you followed the course to its conclusion and then it's over. It's a kind of freedom.

It also speaks to the more noble aspects of entertainment. It is a greedy and often soulless business, but there is something beyond the numbers.

This is Angier's line as he explains why he pursued being a magician:

"You never understood... why we did this. The audience KNOWS the truth. The world is simple. It's miserable. Solid... solid all the way through. But if you could fool them, even for a second... then you can make them wonder. And then you... then you got to see something very special. You really don't know. It was... it was the look on their faces..."
:hearteyes:

The movie Mother was a movie that hit me the hardest. I understand how Aronofsky intended to be a tale of Mother Nature, God and Man. That's not how I saw it or interpreted it. The movie really spoke to my most basic fear; others in my personal sphere. Unwanted people in my world dragging their bullshit habits, beliefs, prejudices and problems into an inner world that I carefuly maintain, groom and nurture.

The most difficult scene to watch through was when Jennifer Lawrence wakes up and her baby is gone. Her husband, the one who is supposed to be a protector, took it and gave it away to the world. The world consumed it, and when she raged against the world, they beat her down almost to death. To me, the symbolism was profound. I had a hard time digesting that scene, not because I am a mother myself, but because it played out my worst and basic fear of how the most precious piece of yourself can be snatched away from you and ruined, yourself decimated in the process, if you are not careful who you let in and who you trust. The scene also showcased the worst part of humanity and the extent to which herd mentality (peer pressure, group thinking, cliques, cults etc.) can be dangerous when morality is spread thin amongst a large number of individuals. I get nervous in crowded places for this reason. I don't trust people and I leave at the smallest sign of unrest.

Here is the scene. I still have a hard time going through it in one shot.

One of the best movies imo, I think it's so entertaining but thought provoking too. Luckily it turns out the whole thing is on YouTube ;D

One for tonight: too many for them all.

"The Professional" is one of my favorites. He takes in the little girl, who is arrested. He goes inside and gets her with a taxi waiting outside. The bad drug agent, a murdering freak,. and his team give her a hard time, then start chasing her and the hit man. Near the end, he helped the girl escape. Then, he tried leaving in a fireman's suit and mask. The bad cop shoots him from behind and stands over him for their last words. The hit man places something in the Drug agent's hands and says, "This is from Matilda."
Of course, it was a pin from a grenade. The guy looks for it and finds a strapped-on bomb belt, loaded down with grenades. What goes around comes around.

Reactions: April
yes, it's corny as fuck, but I still love Titanic

Aye, me too man. I was only 11 when it was released and could only afford to watch it a few years later at home haha (those were the days). The idealist in me still adores it, although I've not watched it in ages; just too upsetting:sob:

The soundtrack to it (by James Honer [RIP]) is the first I ever purchased; it was almost always in my (3-cd changer) hifi.

Reactions: flower and April
This may be sooo cheesy but definitely this scene from Neverending story!! I watched this movie nonstop as a kid.

It made such an impression on me as a kid and even to this day I think of it whenever I have to face something very difficult. This scene is the first that comes to mind.

This may be sooo cheesy but definitely this scene from Neverending story!! I watched this movie nonstop as a kid.

It made such an impression on me as a kid and even to this day I think of it whenever I have to face something very difficult. This scene is the first that comes to mind.

This reminds me

Morla was sad, and would have sank to the bottom of the swamp of sadness if he weren't so big. After thousands of years, he became a nihilist.

Hope was 10,000 miles away.

I think the Southern Oracle was a piece of ass. Dudes with armor, but without the confidence got destroyed.

Interstellar (probably the whole movie). It gave me goosebumps and I cried a lot when watching it. I could watch that movie over and over again. It moves me deeply.

Some of my favorite scenes:

:sob:

I watch a lot of sci fi movies, also loved this movie (I Am Mother (2019)) and this scene (very powerful):

Last edited:

every time I see this I think of those men. . our fathers, uncles. .grandfathers. . riding into death, all believing in something. .an idea. a notion that our world is worth saving. .there are greater things then my life worth dying for. and when I see nazi flags on our soil it makes me think of these men. .dying for us all and how their sacrifice is being spat upon by some in this country. .and I think of veterans benefits being cut. .and hearing that "there are fine people on both sides".. and I think about this, and my heart cries out for them and all they did for not just us, but the entire world. . without these men, Hitler would have overtaken Europe. . they stopped him. . never forget

Last edited:
Reactions: flower
Say what you want about the X-Men franchise - Logan is one of the best 'superhero' films, hands down.