What that movie scene means to you | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

What that movie scene means to you

Discussion in 'Art, Entertainment, and Media' started by April, Feb 4, 2020.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 10 users.
More threads by April
  1. Asa

Asa Resident palindrome

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    While we were without Internet for a few weeks we bought DVDs (because we are without Internet so often that it was worth it) and I bought both Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke. My SO hates anime, though, so I have to watch them when he isn't around. In his defense, he has noble reasons for disliking anime, but how can Studio Ghibli be grouped with, well, anything else?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Aneirin, April and Hostarius like this.
  2. OP
    April

April Well-known member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    Oh I understand! My original one wasn't even humans so I understand, it doesn't need to be human or "real" to be real or human. :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Milkshake

Milkshake Regular Poster

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ-A
    Enneagram:
    2w3
    Thank you for your kind words!

It sucks that you couldn't experience this; sadly we neither have control over the past nor over others. What we do have control of is ourselves in the present so when/if the time comes, I'm positive that you'll become the ideal father that you wished you had to your kid and you'll be there for him/her. It's those little simple moments that we share with our loved ones that really matters in the end.

Also, Hans Zimmer is awesome! I'm a huge fan of his music. ^^

Daustus, April, Rit4lin and 1 other person like this.
  4. Aneirin

Aneirin AKA, David
    Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    infj
    Enneagram:
    type 4w5
    Cloud Atlas. .One of my favorite movies. .
    this is a composite of the scenes with"Old Georgie" in them.. Old Georgie is the inner fears of the main character, and not a real person. .he causes panic and paralysis, just like out inner fears and doubts do to us. I love how this shows what we do to ourselves when we give our fears so much power in our lives

flower, Wyote, April and 3 others like this.
  5. larcipelago

larcipelago Community Member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ?
    The Last Samurai, Katsumoto's death scene. When the young Japanese commander cried, feeling guilty to have shot his once senior mentor (Tom Cruise) and respected leader (Katsumoto), before finally ordering his troops to cease the fire, and give the last salute.

I really want to cry (actually I managed not to because my extrovert shield remained intact).

I quickly vibed it with my life. Many young journalists, whom I had thaught in the past have advanced into better story tellers and are better in utilizing social media platforms to convey their messages. Some of them even became influential bloggers.Those are good progress and I am happy for them.

However, what worried me is that the future may not hold a place for the old philosophy we respect so much. Today, many have changed and we are aware. We do notice, and like Katsumoto, we know those who sticked to the old gun will be wiped out of existence.

Katsumoto just want to teach the word "dont forget who you are", the phrases that really makes me sad.

It is not happening yet in my industry, but the thoughts that it wont be long before me and my friends will be obsolete like the Samurai, sparks new fears and sadness.

The feeling of no longer needed. "Sorry mate you are out of date!" Bam! They shut the door.

We called ourselves the gatekeeper of information, the guardian of (bla bla), it may no longer be valid.

(This part is boring)
    Anyway, may be we are obsolete already and the entire profession has been beaten down by the rise of social media, and the new norms of sharing information. Even Google has dictated what we must put in the body text of our story, just to comply with good SEO checks in the web. I saw some examples of contents where Algorithm dictates the writers. If this mindset changes spreads out, it would potentially screw the future of creative content industry, where creators supposedly craft master pieces instead of bowing to algorithm. May be AI can write beautiful blogs or indepth news reports in the future?

Some of you said the forum is like the garbage bin. It may not really the precise word for me. May be @Pin was the one who spilled the definition that is close enough for me.

I just cant express what I had in my head (in the real life) without making people raising their eyebrows. I hate that look.

I cant f*ckin tell anyone why I want to cry, or feel so sad when I saw that movie scene. Who cares? Lol

Even though after the movie, me and friends went to hang out and had a laugh together. It still felt like a sharp knife has stabbed you right in the heart and you still carried the pain everywhere.

Ups, may be not important stuffs, but at least the beans have been spilled. Thank you @April for posting.

#65 larcipelago, Feb 7, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
    flower, April, Aneirin and 1 other person like this.
  6. Jonah Caan

Jonah Caan Community Member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Uff, one of my all-time favourite films. And yes, heartbreaking scene; that brotherhood, pure love.

Saving it for a hot, serene summer's night:)

"The perfect blossom is a rare thing. You could spend your life looking for one and it would not be a wasted life."

x

The Last Samurai (2003).mp4_snapshot_01.13.49.812.jpg

flower, Wyote, Hostarius and 2 others like this.
  7. Aneirin

Aneirin AKA, David
    Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    infj
    Enneagram:
    type 4w5
    My favorite scene . . from my favorite movie. . almost my favorite. . TE Lawrence has a lot to learn about Arabs

flower, Wyote, April and 1 other person like this.
  8. Asa

Asa Resident palindrome

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    flower, Wyote, Jonah Caan and 5 others like this.
  9. MoonFlier

MoonFlier Permanent Fixture

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    5w4
    WOW. The amount of effort that went into that is amazing. Thank you for sharing!

flower, Daustus, April and 1 other person like this.
  10. larcipelago

larcipelago Community Member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ?
    flower, Aneirin, Asa and 1 other person like this.
  11. Hostarius

Hostarius A R C

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    Enneagram:
    1w2
    @Jonah Caan @larcipelago

Tripling up on the love for The Last Samurai here. I don't care if it's a Dances With Wolves white saviour rip off, it's got heart.

flower, Wyote, Daustus and 4 others like this.
  12. Asa

Asa Resident palindrome

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    I posted it because others in the thread mentioned Toy Story and I thought it was cool that kids made a stop-motion "replica".

@Hostarius @Jonah Caan @larcipelago While Last Samurai is good, in my book it has nothing on the great Akira Kurosawa. Also, Toshiro Mifune for the win.

flower, Daustus, April and 3 others like this.
  13. Hostarius

Hostarius A R C

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    Enneagram:
    1w2
    You're damn right :sunglasses: (again, lol)

I think I've posted this about four times now...

flower, Daustus, April and 3 others like this.
  14. Ren

Ren Pin's android / The Maker

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    4-5-8
    Have you seen Rashomon?

I think that one would resonate with you a great deal. And it's a masterpiece!

Daustus, April and Asa like this.
  15. Asa

Asa Resident palindrome

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    I think it is a must-see for you, Hos, if you haven't seen it.
    The only (major?) Kurosawa film we don't have on DVD is "Dreams", which disappoints me but the only time I saw it for sale it was $22. :(

hqdefault.jpg

Daustus, April, Aneirin and 1 other person like this.
  16. Ren

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    4-5-8
    This scene... :sob:

I haven't seen it either, but I would love to. I don't know if it is considered a major Kurosawa film.

17. Asa

Asa Resident palindrome

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    @Ren
    That Le Roi et l'oiseau scene :hearteyes::sob:

I was wrong. I just looked him up and we don't have quite a few of his later films on DVD. (Nor am I interested in having them.) Dreams appeals to me. I enjoy the surreal in film.

April, Aneirin and Ren like this.
  18. Ren

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    4-5-8
    I know :hearteyes::sob::sob:

Have we talked about this film before? I'm getting a mild sense of déjà vu.

April likes this.
  19. Asa

Asa Resident palindrome

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    I don't recall, but discussing a character named Renaud Marx doesn't seem out of the ordinary. :tearsofjoy:

April, Ren and Aneirin like this.
  20. Vict

Vict mechanical and habitual agent
    Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    ISTP
    Enneagram:
    The scene between Borden and Angier at the end of The Prestige captures a kind of success and failure that I can understand, something beyond the broad financial ambitions that almost everyone around me shares. The obsessive drive to achieve a specific moment. There's a level of pure gratification that comes from either succeeding completely or utterly failing. Either way, you followed the course to its conclusion and then it's over. It's a kind of freedom.

It also speaks to the more noble aspects of entertainment. It is a greedy and often soulless business, but there is something beyond the numbers.

This is Angier's line as he explains why he pursued being a magician:

"You never understood... why we did this. The audience KNOWS the truth. The world is simple. It's miserable. Solid... solid all the way through. But if you could fool them, even for a second... then you can make them wonder. And then you... then you got to see something very special. You really don't know. It was... it was the look on their faces..."

#80 Vict, Feb 8, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2020