Would you date someone better looking than you? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Would you date someone better looking than you?

I would DEFINITELY date someone smarter than me! Sign me up for THAT!!! :m200:

Someone more attractive is good to bang, but I find more attractive mates are so focused on preening and the superficial, that some other quality of theirs suffers. If this lacking is something I pick up on as a weakness, which I can usually sniff out a mile away, then I typically get so distracted by it that I can see nothing else. After all, beauty surely fades, but who is to say that other deficiency will ever go away. It sort of explains why there are very few celebrities that I find attractive. I'm a cynic and can appreciate much more girls of equal attractiveness to myself.

Looks never mattered much. In fact the personality would overpower everything enough to make the person seem beautiful to me regardless. I never consider myself beautiful but all women I was in love with I treated like goddesses.

Look, if some dude hotter than me was interested in me? WOULD NOT BLINK.

edit: looks matter a lot to me :D

Would you be hesitant to date someone you thought was better looking than you? I had a conversation with a friend, I know she didn't like a guy who wanted to be with her, but didn't know the reason. Apparently, the reason was because she thought he was too good looking. I really didn't view it as fair for the guy consider she was making preconceived notions, and didn't want other girls hitting on him on a regular basis. It peaked my curiosity to an extent since looks alone wouldn't allow me to hold back in a relationship, but behavior does. I found it to be unfair for the guy, I know he liked her. How do you view this situation? If someone you thought was "out of your league" looks wise would you shy away from a serious relationship with them?

I couldn't see myself shying away from someone that was better looking then me. It kind of shows a lack of confidence in oneself. Some people are insecure most for good reason, but sometimes it borders on ridicules. I thought people were encouraged to look past the physical.

I would and have dated people who are more attractive than me. Though, looks are not THAT important to me. I do need to be physically attracted to the person, but if I have chemistry with their personality then it is likely that I will be physically attracted to them as well. Not always, but likely. My preference is to date smarter than me. I like someone to challenge me mentally and am generally attracted to brains. I'm a zombie! Nom! Nom! Nom!

Yeah; looks kinda matter to me as they are intrinsically a sign of good health and self-care. Thus far I think i've always dated 'up.' And not just in looks... I think I do alright intellectually speaking (faux pas notwithstanding), and so have they all, too. A couple valedictorians, an ambassador (now, not then), astronomy bachelors holder... now a dedicated and talented artist. I require my partner have substance and health. =3

No, because I both don't really understand how better looking works in the first place so would not know, and because I don't actually care what a person looks like, if I like them, I would probably date them.

I tend to always try to date people better looking them myself.

The problem I have with this question is, how to objectively determine how good looking I am before, I could even consider whether someone else is better looking than I am. If I was terribly ugly then it would probably be my duty to try to improve the lot of my potential progeny. However, if I am average or higher on the scale then it should not matter too much. Since, I have not established a baseline for the answer to this question I would prefer to keep it simple and date people I find attractive and not worry too much about how they compare to myself.

Reactions: Phage
Hey you. Don't talk about my friend that way. Only I can talk about my friend that way. She's a b*tch! OMG. :p If you agree with me I'll punch you. :D

Then hold on while I choose my words wisely... I OBJECT!

Would you be hesitant to date someone you thought was better looking than you? I had a conversation with a friend, I know she didn't like a guy who wanted to be with her, but didn't know the reason. Apparently, the reason was because she thought he was too good looking. I really didn't view it as fair for the guy consider she was making preconceived notions, and didn't want other girls hitting on him on a regular basis. It peaked my curiosity to an extent since looks alone wouldn't allow me to hold back in a relationship, but behavior does. I found it to be unfair for the guy, I know he liked her. How do you view this situation? If someone you thought was "out of your league" looks wise would you shy away from a serious relationship with them?

Damn straight I would, dont shy away from any dates.

"Better looking" is subjective.

Reactions: not sure
Well if they had a really good personality and were a little better looking yes. But if they were a LOT better looking, honestly it would make me think twice, just because we would look weird together, and I would be insecure XD, silly yes I know. So the answer is yes, but I would make doubly sure to see if their personality was worth it.

On the other hand, if they didn't have a good personality, but they were still very hot, then it would be a definite no. This same situation actually happened to someone I knew of in high school. This girl was gorgeous and was very curvy--she looked kind of like Jessica Alba. She married a guy who was over 300 pounds and who wasn't as attractive as she was. She left him and cheated on him within one year, even though he was really nice and supportive of her. I felt bad for the guy, but then again, he cheated with her when she cheated on her ex-boyfriend before they got married, so he knew what type of person she was. It amazes me how beauty can make someone so blind.

[MENTION=3710]kiu[/MENTION] I'm admittedly incapable of objectivity, but, I PROMISE you're gorgeous. Good luck dating up from THAT!?

Reactions: not sure