Would you date someone better looking than you? | INFJ Forum

Would you date someone better looking than you?

donkeybals

A Permanent Fixture
Jan 10, 2011
MBTI
enxp
Enneagram
Would you be hesitant to date someone you thought was better looking than you? I had a conversation with a friend, I know she didn't like a guy who wanted to be with her, but didn't know the reason. Apparently, the reason was because she thought he was too good looking. I really didn't view it as fair for the guy consider she was making preconceived notions, and didn't want other girls hitting on him on a regular basis. It peaked my curiosity to an extent since looks alone wouldn't allow me to hold back in a relationship, but behavior does. I found it to be unfair for the guy, I know he liked her. How do you view this situation? If someone you thought was "out of your league" looks wise would you shy away from a serious relationship with them?

Girls have hit on all of my boyfriends.
But I am pretty full of myself so it does not bother me.

Of course, otherwise I wouldn't have many to choose from! Hahaa.

Reactions: VH
Sure I would if we had good chemistry and I thought that our personalities would go well together. I don't really compare how attractive I think I am to how attractive I think someone else is. It hasn't really crossed my mind much.

I feel for you. It does seem a bit unfair but then again he deserves better than her. HA! Yes, I said it! If all she can do is SEE him then I hope the chap moves on quick.

Would I descriminate against guys who are better looking than myself? Not a chance. I'd have to get to know him first. However, in my neck of the woods, most guys who are "better" looking than me aren't really all that great in the personality department. However, much like ACD, I am full of myself.:m109:

Definitely.

Yep, but it all really depends on the chemistry.

of course. . .

I feel for you. It does seem a bit unfair but then again he deserves better than her. HA! Yes, I said it! If all she can do is SEE him then I hope the chap moves on quick.

Would I descriminate against guys who are better looking than myself? Not a chance. I'd have to get to know him first. However, in my neck of the woods, most guys who are "better" looking than me aren't really all that great in the personality department. However, much like ACD, I am full of myself.:m109:

Hey you. Don't talk about my friend that way. Only I can talk about my friend that way. She's a b*tch! OMG. :p If you agree with me I'll punch you. :D

Reactions: Jill Hives
hell yeah! why wouldn't you want someone who is better looking than you? personally, i spend a lot more time looking at the other person and not myself, so it's like simple logic.

Lol [MENTION=2259]Kmal[/MENTION]. I shy away from preppy, pretty boys, but if I got to know them & they have substance & they are sincerely interested in me... WHY NOT!? Generally I judge looks AFTER personality, because the insides signify attractiveness to me. If I say you are the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, it has nothing to do with you being conventionally attractive, though you may very well be. I like big noses, I like specific types of hands, brains are hot... I dunno... my friends think I'm nuts, the things I'm attracted to. I HATE perfect teeth, but... I could overlook it. ;) I don't like perfection. Flaws are character. I value character.

everybody wants the best that they can land their grubby little hands on
cynic much
cold brutal reality is ppl are invariably selfish
yes, even you if you are brutally honest about what you want

Yep, I'm selfish. Ya got me there.

everybody wants the best that they can land their grubby little hands on
cynic much
cold brutal reality is ppl are invariably selfish
yes, even you if you are brutally honest about what you want

Yeah pretty much. Unless a person is insecure, everyone will choose to go with what he/she thinks is best.

I am very unlikely to date someone who isn't better looking than me, and not because I think I am unattractive. I'm just very good at attracting beautiful women. I'm not especially worried that I would lose an attractive mate to someone else. I know how to keep a mate happy, and keep any potential rivals too intimidated to try. Other guys don't worry me. My own fuck ups do. Would I date someone who was smarter than me? I'd be more intimidated by that because I'm much more likely to lose a smart woman due to my own stupidity. Would I date someone who is more successful than me? Unlikely. They'd have to prove to me that they didn't at all mind being with a guy who wasn't more successful, and in my experience that just doesn't happen. Despite what women say, in the long run it wears on them and eventually they leave.

Last edited:
N/A