Would you be attracted to yourself? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Would you be attracted to yourself?

i think i would find myself too perfect 'trying' and cold to actually like.

thats the vibe i give off to others.

in reality i am quite wonderful. feeling. and deep. but on quick meetings, i am an ok-looking blonde 20-something who likes to wear clothes from J.Crew.

i wouldn't like myself unless i knew me for like 6 months or more. then I'd decide I'm great. :p

I'm one of those people who have a reeeaally hard time noticing any good qualities about myself, so I dunno, probably not.

Sad, isn't it? >>

Ah, but you notice good qualities in others. Your "other" you would have good qualities you'd notice for sure! :wink:

As for me, it would go as thus:
Stage 1: Whoa, she's really cool. I should get to know her better; I think there's some depth there!

Stage 2: Wow, we have so much in common! I understand her, she understands me! So cool!

Stage 3: Hrm, kinda freaked out now. A little too much like me...

Then I'd either figure out she's my clone with a X/Y swap - and that would be a total turn off - or else I'd get really bored. There has to be something different to pique my interest. Either way, it'd bomb. Friends? Maybe. More? Heck no!

pssh no way. the thing is i have to many faults and problems i gotta fix lol

oh yeah i'd be attracted to myself ;). I'd be like the ideal lover XD. Y'know that kinda person that just wants to chill and watch tv with XD

I wish I was more intelligent, funny, articulate/quick witted, consistently conscientious, interesting.. everything, oh and don't forget apathetic! But I might ironically be attracted because they couldn't judge me without being a hypocrite muhaha prideful defensive compassion. I might get frustrated with their self-deprecation but appreciate their affirming nature towards others unless we were bantering. ;D
I hate being compared to others, I'm more content with myself if I'm not focused on having to impress anyone so I don't really know how to handle that landmine of attraction.

I like my taste in clothes but I don't spend that much money on my wardrobe. I don't necessarily think I'm attractive but I am less insecure about my billboard poker face than I am about my ~cauldron brewing soul force~

I would befriend myself for the mutual understanding of shared priorities but unless I knew that person was indeed like me, not all introverts appear approachable or trustworthy, I definitely don't. Actually I come across as a bit of a dim witted simpleton but I thrive off the underestimation.
I like it when people show interest or even interrogate me a little so we'd both be too shy to stand the projected rejected sight of each other.
I would also like to be challenged and brought out of my shell, but it depends on the individual more than any type preference toss-up alone.

Screw this shit, just give us unconditional lovez!

Yep, I hear ya sleepycloud

It would be awkward. I'm too awkward, and they would be awkward. It wouldn't go anywhere.

If it did, though, I'm not sure. My ENFJ friend is actually a lot like me, and that's really nice, but at the same time...it can be awkward. A lot of times we don't know what to do. But he is a really good friend, and I do like him, so we'll see if that hinges anything.

Aspects:
I like my hair color. That's a go.
I don't like my skin tone. I'm way to pale, and my complexion sucks.
I like my eye color.
I don't like my figure, but at the same time I do. If it were on someone else, I'd probably like it more.
I like my style...sometimes.

I'm too needy. And awkward.
I whine too much.
I can be obnoxious.
I like that I have a lot of interests.
I like that I want to live an exciting, but laid-back lifestyle. That would be attractive in a different person.
I like my view on love and friendship....
...But I don't like that it's difficult for me to take initiative with it.

So there ya go.

Over the years, I learned to love myself. ( What does that mean about the past before he learned to do so?)(Why did he not love himself?) Stop; you guys are killing me.
Someone likeminded would be of great interest to me and I could probably never get enough of them.(Is he not happy with whom he is with?)(Does he like himself more than he should?) C'mon!!
After being misunderstood so much in my lifetime, I think it would be like a walk in the park.( Does he have an inferiority complex?)(How does he relate to a walk in the park?) Enough!

I'm gonna go with the aspects too, Gloomy ^^

Aspects:
I like my eyes.
I'm not too sure of my figure with summer season comming up.
I like my style.
I disslike my hysteria.
I love my dreams.
I like my pristine views.
I love everything about me when I succeed.
I hate everything about me when I fail.

Pristinegirl, To fail is human and but a stepping stone to better understanding; nothing to hate yourself about. Nothing to hate.
You don't really mean hate, do you?

Pristinegirl, To fail is human and but a stepping stone to better understanding; nothing to hate yourself about. Nothing to hate.
You don't really mean hate, do you?

Well its complicated. I really do hate everything about myself when I feel that I have failed in some way because it makes me a failiure. I'm worthless under such circumstances. See, my mind has this hang up that succeding is the only way that I will ever distinguish myself and matter.

I'm attracted to myself right now. Is that wrong?

Well its complicated. I really do hate everything about myself when I feel that I have failed in some way because it makes me a failiure. I'm worthless under such circumstances. See, my mind has this hang up that succeding is the only way that I will ever distinguish myself and matter.
Your response impels me to search for a world renown violinist and his comment. Be back later, as I think if I can find it to be about a half hour long. Hate to cut him short, but may for this.

There are some things about myself that I don't like and other things that I do like, but overall, I think I would be attracted to myself.

Your response impels me to search for a world renown violinist and his comment. Be back later, as I think if I can find it to be about a half hour long. Hate to cut him short, but may for this.

I love that you ought to go and get it now that you came to think about it :)

Jascha Heifetz, if it is spelled correctly, was a world renowned violinist...possibly the best of the 20th Century, born a Jewish Lithuanian.
His Father noticed his gift around the age of six and helped to develop it.
He was a perfectionist. Yet, he took the time to say(and I cannot presently find it) something similar to; If a person is better at something than someone else, it is an accomplishment; one should be proud of such a thing.
Young lady, I have read many of your and a lot of others' posts on here and some of the things you say do not sound like words coming from the mind of a 17 year old. You have excelled and should not be so hard on yourself. If you have a shortcoming, you also have something that is better to balance it out. Consider the blind man; he knows of things around him most would not consider.
Heifetz tried to do everything he did the best he could, even if it took three months of practice before a concert. Press on to the greater
achievements of the future. I was hoping you were using a figure of speech. I remember a verse I kept hammering away at a young friend with many years ago with that attitude: A just man falleth seven times, yet standeth back up again. Hope you can measure the importance of that.

I'm not attracted to myself.

I just think everyone else should be attracted to me :D

Physically I would love myself.

Emotionally I would love myself.

But as far as Mentally, I'm not sure I could handle trying to figure out just who the hell I am.

It's hard enough figuring that out now.