Would you be attracted to yourself? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Would you be attracted to yourself?

Yeah, I think I would be attracted to myself. I think we could have a good relationship too.

Hah---seems like this keeps showing up in different forums. Well, personally, I took the test that shows what type you are, what type you want to be, and what type you're attracted to. I got INFJ for all of them!!! Yay!!!

I think there is some relevance to that. It simply means I am attracted to "the type" but not necessarily myself. I DO think that if I found someone with very similar thoughts, likes/don't likes, etc, i'd be immediately attracted. It's so rare to find someone like that. BUT it would be a huge turnoff if I was exactly like them. It would be soo boring.

I think the best relationship includes an opportunity for both people in a team to be able to grow from each other. If he were someone "like"me, who could "understand me", but had different ideas, etc, as well, it would be best. :)

I really am not attracted to anyone or anything besides human nature's natural tendency to want what they can't have.

In which case, someone who was exactly like me would not fasinate me. I would eventually figure them out and then I would have to move on. I like differences, it's the only thing that keeps me sane. If we all thought the same it would be a one sided world. If I chose a partner, I'd never chose one that thought identical to mine. It's suicide.

Mmmm I want someone a bit wiser than even I am, or not wiser than me but with better reasoning in different things like math that opens a fresh point of view for me.

Pro - I would have finally met someone who talks in metaphors as much as me! And someone who thinks about future/past as much as me.

Con - The person would lack self-confidence to the point of severely holding themselves back, it would annoy me.

Seeing all my faults replicated pound for pound in another human being would be hard, I suspect i would get annoyed/angry with the person due to actually being annoyed with myself for being that way. But the good qualities would be fun to interact with.

Yes, absolutely. I am actually working on getting to know a girl who is extremely similar to me (she once made the suggestion that we're the same person:lol:), and it seems very promising so far.:smile: