Why it sucks to be an INFJ | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Why it sucks to be an INFJ

I can't relate to anyone....

I feel invisible...

That's how we all feel apparently... I do too at times, other times I feel more powerful in my silent presence and I worry I'm making others around me uncomfortable... anyone else ever have that feeling??? (I guess I think my intensity is vibing out around me)

I hate being ignored. And that's how I feel most of the time.

That's how we all feel apparently... I do too at times, other times I feel more powerful in my silent presence and I worry I'm making others around me uncomfortable... anyone else ever have that feeling??? (I guess I think my intensity is vibing out around me)

Yeah I have that feeling sometimes. I think we're always very aware of the effect we might have on other people because we notice these subtile signals others give us so easily ourselves. But not everyone is an intuitive feeler like yourself, so I don't think it's necessarily the case that others experience it as discomforting.

So let me get this straight. We ALL feel ignored? Isn't that kind of ironic?

Sometimes I feel ignored but I know that I do that to myself. You have to join the conversation to be a part of it and most of the time I'm just not up for putting in the energy. I flippin' HATE small talk. And most people aren't worth the effort.

Apparently I am a really intimidating person. I've been told that a lot. I think it's kinda silly because I am only 5'5'' (165 cm) and am not muscular or anything. I think it's the nose ring (sadly) and the death glare I accidentally give out when I am thinking (I'm working on it....)

So I am not approached by others much. But when I DO put in the effort when I find people who may be worth it I approach them and they usually really like me. ^_^ (Except for my perfectionistic, stick-in-the-mud, overly-passionate, neoroticism......)...........heh...........heh............

So I Guess:
When people see that under the crazy bitch is a tender lil love bug- they like me. ^_^

Its nice to know we all feel ignored :)

Woah! Where have you been?

So I Guess:
When people see that under the crazy bitch is a tender lil love bug- they like me. ^_^

Same here I suppose. But exchange "crazy bitch" for "emotionally stunted, cold and socially retarded romantic". That is the outside perception only though!

So let me get this straight. We ALL feel ignored? Isn't that kind of ironic?

Well a lot of us experience that feeling from time to time right? At least that's the impression I get from reading what's on these forums..

I, Yield, hereby declare that I shall never ignore you, Nela or you WhiteWolf, for better or for worse- ever again! Not that I did in the first place or anything but, you know, just trying to make a grand gesture to quell your sense of ignored-ness.

I don't want to be ignored either- I'm sure I can speak for Crabby Lil Me ... yea count us in Yield and WhiteWolf :)

Always feel compelled to explain myself.
Lost/alone
I'm way to empathetic

case in point,my Mom had a mouse in her house,she used a glue trap. It worked. I tried to free him/her by spraying water to loosen the grip. Used a nail and plastic fork even No luck, I was talking to it,I was nearly in tears. I can't stop thinking about it now.

Shivering,cold,afraid,lonely..doesn't know what is going on. :( :( :(

A big reason we hate to be ignored is because of our Ni. Ni allows us to come to conclusions about things without having to jump through hoops, particulary when it comes to dealing with people. Despite all of this, Ni is rather intangiable, and even a primary user will feel at dis-ease if they are forced to use Ni and not back it up. So when people ignore us, they aren't confirming the feelings that Ni gave us. We are sort of left in a state of limbo with things, and then our Ni runs away further and can lead to racing unplesent thoughts.

If someone gives us even just a little attention and or feed back, our Ni is confirmed and we feel at ease.

So when people ignore us, they aren't confirming the feelings that Ni gave us. We are sort of left in a state of limbo with things, and then our Ni runs away further and can lead to racing unplesent thoughts.

If someone gives us even just a little attention and or feed back, our Ni is confirmed and we feel at ease.

Absolutely exactly! Spot on! This is a huge issue for me to be honest. If someone doesn't reply to me I assume all sorts of things. This had got me into a lot of shit with someone which was all cleared up yesterday!

Lately I've been feeling alright, but I can get into slumps where I feel as if nobody cares.

May I still join? I would contribute.

A big reason we hate to be ignored is because of our Ni. Ni allows us to come to conclusions about things without having to jump through hoops, particulary when it comes to dealing with people. Despite all of this, Ni is rather intangiable, and even a primary user will feel at dis-ease if they are forced to use Ni and not back it up. So when people ignore us, they aren't confirming the feelings that Ni gave us. We are sort of left in a state of limbo with things, and then our Ni runs away further and can lead to racing unplesent thoughts.

I must agree we need to feel like we aren't crazy.

And its hard when people ignore your forethought and make the mistakes you where afraid of.

On to being ignored I've noticed INFJ's don't like attention in the same way as some other types. In that we need attention and appreciation but we don't want to be made the center of attention. We want the people we are feel are important to acknowledge us for who we are and what we do. We also want people we are interested in to at least show some interest back.

An issue I've encountered often people aren't sincere in their words and interactions. Some people want something from you or are playing games and its hard to trust what they may be telling you.

ummm... I could just cry right now, I've been close to tears for the last 2 days... Everything u just said in the above post is true and close to my heart. Sorry, just having a moment here...