Why it sucks to be an INFJ | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

Why it sucks to be an INFJ

I don't want to be ignored either- I'm sure I can speak for Crabby Lil Me ... yea count us in Yield and WhiteWolf :)

:m032:

On to being ignored I've noticed INFJ's don't like attention in the same way as some other types. In that we need attention and appreciation but we don't want to be made the center of attention. We want the people we are feel are important to acknowledge us for who we are and what we do. We also want people we are interested in to at least show some interest back.

An issue I've encountered often people aren't sincere in their words and interactions. Some people want something from you or are playing games and its hard to trust what they may be telling you.

I've totally noticed the attention contradiction thing. lol

And sincerity is the quality I value most.

ummm... I could just cry right now, I've been close to tears for the last 2 days... Everything u just said in the above post is true and close to my heart. Sorry, just having a moment here...

Yeah, I have a lot of those moments!

We're too paranoid and care too much about what people think of us, that new work, school, college etc is absolutely petrifying..

I must agree we need to feel like we aren't crazy.

And its hard when people ignore your forethought and make the mistakes you where afraid of.

On to being ignored I've noticed INFJ's don't like attention in the same way as some other types. In that we need attention and appreciation but we don't want to be made the center of attention. We want the people we are feel are important to acknowledge us for who we are and what we do. We also want people we are interested in to at least show some interest back.

An issue I've encountered often people aren't sincere in their words and interactions. Some people want something from you or are playing games and its hard to trust what they may be telling you.

yes. sincerity is not always acknowledged, recognized, or reciprocated.

1. You sometimes confuse yourself, because you think that that you know who you are, yet you have some parts that contradict each other.

2. People always seem shocked when they learn things about you, because what they see isn't always what they get.

3. Even though you are close to your family and have some wonderful friends, you still feel a sense of loneliness.

4. You're constantly analyzing everything to find hidden meanings, to the point where it exhausts you.

5. You're prone to melancholic moods and get into self-pitying phases.

1 Inability to ever be content
2 Overthink, overanalyze, will my mind ever slow down?
3 Lack of sleep tied to the above.
4 Maybe not just INFJs, but I really think I'm losing my mind.

Reactions: 5ufvdee369jcdd
1. We generally put our pants on backwards.
2. We get way to caught up in the shifting mass of the universe.
3. We watch saved by the bell with tears in our eyes.
4. We are champions of misery
5. We are hard bearers of heartache
6. We are overly flatulent
7. Our Pancakes are sub par
8. I just ate a nest of young birds.

I love this Lucifer! I think u can often times be the funniest person I know of :D

yes... today's been one of those days where I felt over tired and under apreciated by everybody.

My ISTP bf was inconsiderate again... :m033:

so where's that club of emo INFJ's these days? ;)

so where's that club of emo INFJ's these days? ;)

I don't know anything about the club but these days I could definitely be in it.

Being an INFJ sucks because our Se sucks so much. I know there is a problem with me, I have analysed the problem, written about it, understood it, yet I keep not acting on it. When it comes to taking action I'm so useless.

Oh yeah, the self pity too :D

1. Have issues saying "no" to a request
2. Keep emotions internal so that they just seem to build up more and more
3. Make correlations that others don't and can't explain them

No one truely understands how we perceive everything around us as it is too abstract to be conceived by the "average" man.
Our words are in emotional forms, so we cannot use words to describe how we sense things.
We understand everything but we cannot do anything to change what we want to change.

Reactions: Milktoast Bandit
Having to expend so much energy and effort in order to function as part of 'normal' society. Ugh.
Very true. We can do it, but it just feels like we are putting on a social mask. However, we feel dead inside behaving that way. We do not get any satisfaction out of being that way.

Also, being a male INFJ is worser than being a female INFJ. People will think I am crazy to support the feminism point of view.

Because while you rationally understand things, you still feel strong emotions about it.