Who do you lock horns with? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Who do you lock horns with?

-extremely agressive people
-overly factual/concrete people

Reactions: Blind Bandit
Back to the OP and the question in hand... there are not any types I'm aware of that I lock horns with as such. I know an INFP and an ENFP that drive me round the bend at times, because they don't make sense to me....

Hmmmm... :m190:

I can understand why you could find them puzzling, but there is an amazing depth and complexity to them. Sometimes its like us N's can venture into another dimension that lies within our brains. The INFP is almost drawn into their world, It is very hard to pull them out of it. The ENFP on the other hand is very loud about it and what they can see, they try explain about it through artistic methods. ENTP's are very similar them this way except we try to search for the logic behind it, this is where our ideas come from.

I really don't think there's a particular type. I get along with almost everyone.

The only type I don't really get along with is ESTJ.....and that's because according to facebook I only know one ESTJ person. Hunh.

My closest friends are all INFJ's.
My next ring of friends are all ENFP's.
The friends who I just laugh and shake my head at are INTP's.
The people I look up to are all INFP's.
I work well with INTJ's. (My boss is one. I'm the only person who he really gets along with.)
I am intimidated by ESFJ's...they are slightly terrifying. Tooooooo socially well-adjusted for me.
My sis is an ESFP...and while that's difficult, I love her a ton.
I have previously liked an INFJ, an ENFP, and an ESFJ; I currently am valiantly attempting (and failing, rather) to not to like an ISFP.

Oooooooobviously I am well-rounded.

Out of bad habit?

hahaha! nice.

Yes, I can agree with this.

Usually the immature ones I struggle with. I find E,F's tend to overreact to things.

INFP's can be scary as hell If you push the wrong button.

I know this because my younger INFP sister almost broke my nose by throwing a book at my face. :m169:

I learnt my lesson.

a book? That's nothing! My ESFJ little sister has thrown shoes, scissors, remotes, knives....all kinds of things. And she stabbed my twin sister in the head with a pencil. yeah. O_O

ESFJs

like some mountain-goat horn-locking type stuff.....

These are the only people who have totally brought out my Rage, with the blackout with the swirly colors and stars and a missing shirt and stuff...yeah

God I know- they are stubborn to the point of being absolutely ridiculous. It makes me want to murder them. And I know far too many of them...eh

We can be - but not all the time..... Could it be that in ESTP's you see the INFJ shadow and possibly not always the positive side of it....

One of the reasons I signed up on here was that with INFJ as my shadow I don't always have the best opinion of the type, because I see negative traits I display from my shadow in INFJ's

Not sure how well I'm explaining this... not meant as an attack just something that sprung to mind as I read your post...

Back to the OP and the question in hand... there are not any types I'm aware of that I lock horns with as such. I know an INFP and an ENFP that drive me round the bend at times, because they don't make sense to me....

Generally I lock horns with Bigots or people who refuse to see alternative options to a problem or situation.

No, it has nothing to do with that.
But I am biased, yes.
I was in an abusive relationship with an ESTP for 3 years- he was my first love and he fucked me up pretty bad- after I gave him everything, as corny as that may sound.
So yeah....I'm not so much into ESTPs. And I reserve the right to say that, regardless of it being stereotyping and unfair.

However, I'm sure you're lovely. :) You seem quite intelligent.

Oh and my twin sister is an ENFP, so I know what you mean there. And so you know, ENFPs and ESTPs are "enigmas"- meaning that you just DO NOT "GET" each other.

ESFJs (well, the one I knew) I found to be attention-seeking, clingy, dependent and pretty boring. Probably was just him though.
My ESTJ sister is a bit high-maintenance and gets stressed out easily. She's very nice, but get angry too easily ^^"

I don't usually type people, nor do I really want to. I'd rather just deal with the person, then come up with their 'type' and then judge my actions accordingly.

Arrogant/loud people are the worst. I don't usually make enemies, but this is the type of person I usually despise.

I don't usually type people, nor do I really want to. I'd rather just deal with the person, then come up with their 'type' and then judge my actions accordingly.

Arrogant/loud people are the worst. I don't usually make enemies, but this is the type of person I usually despise.
omfg when did you become an enfj?

Anyways. I agree with the above statements that you have made sir. Wise. I also, discriminate according to vocal volume and pitch. (Except I tend to be amused by arrogant people.)

Last edited:
omfg when did you become an enfj?

Anyways. I agree with the above statements that you have made sir. Wise. I also, discriminate according to vocal volume and pitch. (Except I tend to be sickeningly drawn to/amused by arrogant people. So, I'm a sucker for a soft spoken ego maniac.. )
I'm actually not joking about any of this!
A winy vocal pitch sends me running in the opposite direction, as does obtrusive volume/laughter. I hate it when people have an obnoxiously loud laugh.

I've been doing my functions tests over and over again, and Fe is at the top of the list, and by a lot. Enfj is starting to make sense for me, but a rather shy/reserved one in real life. My I/E is rather close, but E wins out by the tiniest of margins.

I guess this means our friendship must be severed...

I find my ISTP bf particularly difficult to be with at times because we process info so differently and often can't be on the same page. But hey, I believe there is a solution to most things (if not everything), and if our dynamics are shifted in perspective, they can be seen as 'refreshing' viewpoints to the ones we are usually most comfortable with and seen as our oun particular 'truths'.

A winy vocal pitch sends me running in the opposite direction, as does obtrusive volume/laughter. I hate it when people have an obnoxiously loud laugh.

I've been doing my functions tests over and over again, and Fe is at the top of the list, and by a lot. Enfj is starting to make sense for me, but a rather shy/reserved one in real life. My I/E is rather close, but E wins out by the tiniest of margins.

Nay. Our friendship is a cord that cannot be severed.. a sort of umbilical cord connecting two hearts, or two straws sharing one malt shake.. drinking friendshiplyness out of a fountain of amicability and negating intrusive social roles and personality theories and the space time continuum and all of that jazz.

Nay. Our friendship is a cord that cannot be severed.. a sort of umbilical cord connecting two hearts, or two straws sharing one malt shake.. drinking friendshiplyness out of a fountain of amicability and negating intrusive social roles and personality theories and the space time continuum and all of that jazz.
Awesome. I can't think of anything witty enough to even come close to that. Just awesome

No, it has nothing to do with that.
But I am biased, yes.
I was in an abusive relationship with an ESTP for 3 years- he was my first love and he fucked me up pretty bad- after I gave him everything, as corny as that may sound.
So yeah....I'm not so much into ESTPs. And I reserve the right to say that, regardless of it being stereotyping and unfair.

However, I'm sure you're lovely. :) You seem quite intelligent.

Oh and my twin sister is an ENFP, so I know what you mean there. And so you know, ENFPs and ESTPs are "enigmas"- meaning that you just DO NOT "GET" each other.

Being in that sort of relationship is bound to give you a very negative opinion of ESTPs.... I'm sorry to hear you had such a negative experience (regardless of his MBTI)... It sounds like this guy gives us nice ESTPs a bad name...

About ENFP's I know at least 2... 1 I have no problem with. He's quite flamboyant and can be rather OTT but i find that quite endearing and doesn't bother me in the slightest. The other one is very self indulgent - expects to be centre of attention all the time and sulks when things don't go his way... it's hard to imagine that they are the same type at times....

My mother and sister, so I suppose NFP types.

I also have had problems with ENTPs in the past who were in denial and didn't want to work out problems.

Uhmmm.....

I don't understand ESF types very much and tend to avoid them.

I can't generalize what gets me into conflicts with people, each situation is pretty different.

INFPs. A few I love with the bottom of my heart. Most I hate with a passion. People are people though, I hate someone from every group just to keep it even.

I think sometimes that the functions are best to use over just the letters. And YAY for figuring yourself out, it took me way too long. haha

I find my ISTP bf particularly difficult to be with at times because we process info so differently and often can't be on the same page. But hey, I believe there is a solution to most things (if not everything), and if our dynamics are shifted in perspective, they can be seen as 'refreshing' viewpoints to the ones we are usually most comfortable with and seen as our oun particular 'truths'.

............ISTP, hm? bf, as in boyfriend or best friend?
(I am interested in ISTP and INFJ interaction)

Being in that sort of relationship is bound to give you a very negative opinion of ESTPs.... I'm sorry to hear you had such a negative experience (regardless of his MBTI)... It sounds like this guy gives us nice ESTPs a bad name...

About ENFP's I know at least 2... 1 I have no problem with. He's quite flamboyant and can be rather OTT but i find that quite endearing and doesn't bother me in the slightest. The other one is very self indulgent - expects to be centre of attention all the time and sulks when things don't go his way... it's hard to imagine that they are the same type at times....

Yes, he did give you guys a bad name. A HORRIBLE NAME. So... You ESTPs should get together and go beat him up.
You: :m123: Him: :m097: Me::m032:

I dislike people, not types.

I will say that it seems more frequent that I'll be at odds with more of the XSTX typesets. I understand that sometimes things boils down to the cold hard facts, but it's also not always the case from what I can tell. Maybe not at odds so much as an understood disagreement with taking too much of a calculated train of thought. Funny considering I was excelling with math and science before I got bored of relearning the Sugar Shuffle and non-derivative based Calc.

Derivatives are fun... :m204:

Hrm... where was I?

I dislike people, not types.

This is probably more accurate to my experience overall.