When was the last time you were really happy? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

When was the last time you were really happy?

I can't define 'true hapiness' therefore I can't say when the last time I expierenced it was.

I don't think I ever really feel completely happy but when I think back about my past I inflect complete and total happiness to situations because I miss them and wish i could revisit them. I think the only time I actually feel this complete happiness is when I'm dreaming, because when you're dreaming you know of nothing except the now (and I've recently perfected lucid dreaming which is SWEET).

I feel pretty darn happy when I'm playing music with my band and I just stop thinking and start doing and just kinda mesh with the emotions in the room around me. But then again, I'm kinda strange.

There is happiness to be gained from losing oneself. I don't think you are strange at all. Rock on :D

There is happiness to be gained from losing oneself. I don't think you are strange at all. Rock on :D
You are very right about the losing oneself and gaining happiness. So very right

Right now is the "last" time I was really happy. I've been really happy, I think, ever since I really found myself. I know who I am, I know what I want to do with my life, I know what's important to me and I'm willing to fight for it, I have true love, and I'm blessed enough to have been able to have a child with my husband. I'm not estatic everyday - there is quite a bit of stress. But, I've learned that stress is temporary. Pain in temporary (in most cases, anyway). I've learned that the more positive you are, the more positive things that will happen in your life. I'm not sure if it's really that the quantity of positive things is really higher, but you tend to focus more on the positive and don't see all the negative shit you used to. I've come a long-ass way from my suicidal days. A total 180.

Looking back, I've always tried to keep an optimistic outlook on everything and I thought that this feeling of being content was what happiness was about. The last time, or possibly even the first time, I was happy was earlier this year, and during this time I realized that I had ignored my emotions and numbed myself throughout my life because I felt I wouldn't be truly happy, just content. It's a strange feeling being genuinely happy, you discover a new side of yourself, and at the same time you know that all of it would be short-lived so all you can do is live in the moment. I wish I could get that feeling back but it's long gone...

I think the only time I actually feel this complete happiness is when I'm dreaming, because when you're dreaming you know of nothing except the now (and I've recently perfected lucid dreaming which is SWEET).
Ah damn you. I wish I could lucid dream.

Hmm. A year ago. Before I came to California. I think I've grown to hate my home state in my absence.

There are a lot of times when I am truly happy. I was happy a few days ago, but today I felt like crap. Right now, I am somewhere in between.

I'm happiest when the people around me are happy; I've discovered this recently. If there's a lot of negativity, I really cannot be happy.

6 grade I'm in 12 now

Sometimes I look back a couple of years and wonder what changed. There are positive things happening right now but it is not easy to recognize them.

I need to start decluttering my inner world.

last night when i was out mith my friends i was HAVING FUN
haha

It is enough to be content, which is entirely possible in any situation as it is all a state of mind. It's a simple quote from a Pearl Buck book called Peony, but in it the main character asks, "Is life meant to be happy or sad?"

Neither. There is no objective meaning to life.

However, for a human being, the meaning of life is happiness which is entirely subjective except some certain aspects like mating, eating and so on.

I don't like the idea of being a passive entity whose emotions are ever-changing given the situation or cirumstances at hand. I don't want that to affect my quality of life. I don't want my mind to be a prisoner of external forces.

Some situations affect all of us in a bad way, like some one passing away or something like that.
But it's all really a frame of mind.
I don't want to live my life spending every hour of it not being able to take it in the best way I possibly can.

Last edited:
^ Huh?

I try not to be too happy. In my experience, periods of great happiness are usually followed by periods of depression. So, I quell the volatility and sacrifice happiness for indefinite contentment.

Happiness is just a carrot on a stick, and depression the whip. Try to keep the pace and you won't get jolted about.

I feel pretty darn happy when I'm playing music with my band and I just stop thinking and start doing and just kinda mesh with the emotions in the room around me.

I find that to be a pretty darn happy time as well. Luckily for me, I just got to be in that place for a couple weeks! :D

THIS MAKES ME VERY UNHAPPY, TO SEE THAT THERE IS ANOTHER SWEED ON HER NOW :(

::whispers:: Cheer up! You'll always be my favorite Swede here, doll!