What's your preferred means of communication? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What's your preferred means of communication?

What is your preferred means of communication?

• Phone

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Texting

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Email

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Face-to-Face

Votes: 24 60.0%
  • Ni-Fe ; )

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 12.5%

• Total voters
I am answering this question in nude interpretive dance even as we speak! Lala la la la la! :m096:

I feel really uncomfortable on the phone, especially if I am talking to a strange.I find face-toface interactions alot better coz I can see the person's facial expressions and body language so I am able to connect with the other person on a wider level. Does anyone else have difficulties with the phone? How do you cope with it?

What's your preferred means of communication?

Discuss . . .
My preferred method of communication is singing.
I like singing songs that have meaning... songs that move people's hearts.

Oops. tee-hee..
I forgot there was a poll.
Umm... telephone.

Last edited:
I really prefer to NOT talk on the phone unless it's with someone I can't see. But I don't call up people and shoot the breeze on the phone when I could drive 10 minutes and see them in person.

Texting is fun but I'm usually really impatient and I freak out if a reply doesn't come like... INSTANTLY. I think maybe they forgot about me or I said something that offended them or something :m071:

I came here expecting to choose the written communication option. When I saw Ni-Fe on the list I smiled at the joke, yet knew it was also my answer. Some of the best communication I have experienced occurred without a sound. Doesn't work so well with the Ni-Fe hard of hearing though.

Next preference would be long e-mails that only very special sorts of people can tolerate. Then face-to-face or phone calls for those who can make it through the ramble if made more tangible. Last choice is texting. I'll adapt if necessary, but brevity is not a strength.

Face-to-face. Can't be beaten. Ever.

I don't like to communicate at all, I don't feel comfortable, I don't trust etc. I wish I did not have to do so and just shut down in dreams.

to give you an idea, this is the only place I actively seek communication in.

Call me old fashioned, but I'm all about the smoke signals and carrier pigeons these days. That way the government can't track my plans for world domination. *nods sagely* *blows cigar smoke slowly and methodically*

Mostly I just like writing long rambling emails when I'm bored and sending random philosophical letters to people through the mail. For some reason I put much more intellectual effort into handwritten letters. There's something quasi-romantic about debating philosophy and art with people from other countries.

Its hard typing drunk.

Ummm... I just don't answer it. Make a lot of people mad this way. Probably someone has better advice for you here. :m163:

lol! I do the same. I always have folks angry with me. Used to it though. *shrug*

Last edited:
Ah well. I voted for face-to-face since it's more appropriate with regards to proper communication, but I usually use texting, instant messaging, writing, and face-to-face.
Texting and instant messaging: I hate it when people communicate with me using these two with horrible grammar, or anything similar. I can probably stand it for a while, but if you just keep doing it, expect a correction sooner or later.
Writing: Naturally. :)
Face-to-face: This only applies to friends and the likes, of course. If it's with strangers, I'm terribly quiet.

__I'm horrible with the phone. My conversations cannot last any longer than a minute, unless I'm in cloud-nine.

Last edited: