What's Your Personality Type? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

What's Your Personality Type?

This was interesting!

I got ISFP which surprised me a lot because I've never got ISFP before normally INFJ and the odd INFP...maybe it's the working from home that's given me the boost of confidence and energy.....hmm

Thanks for this @flower :relaxed:

This was interesting!

I got ISFP which surprised me a lot because I've never got ISFP before normally INFJ and the odd INFP...maybe it's the working from home that's given me the boost of confidence and energy.....hmm

Thanks for this @flower :relaxed:

Hi QuirkyLemon, do yo mean that you associate ISFP with confidence and energy?

Hi QuirkyLemon, do yo mean that you associate ISFP with confidence and energy?

Hi Ren, yes that's what I've perceived it as from the small description that it gave me, I know INFJ's and INFP's can be confident too but the description for an ISFP gave me the impression they're much more confident?! It maybe the wording used to describing ISFP's compared to INFJ? As an INFJ I'm more quiet and mind my own business and I don't have a driving force as such, which was one of the points for an ISFP, it's more based on my moods and circumstances I'm in and emotions etc if that makes sense?!

I may be chatting a load of BS and if so sorry, I'm not the best at articulating my thoughts properly.

Hi Ren, yes that's what I've perceived it as from the small description that it gave me, I know INFJ's and INFP's can be confident too but the description for an ISFP gave me the impression they're much more confident?! It maybe the wording used to describing ISFP's compared to INFJ? As an INFJ I'm more quiet and mind my own business and I don't have a driving force as such, which was one of the points for an ISFP, it's more based on my moods and circumstances I'm in and emotions etc if that makes sense?!

I may be chatting a load of BS and if so sorry, I'm not the best at articulating my thoughts properly.

Maybe the average ISFP appears more confident, I'm not sure.

Just wanted to make sure you didn't think INFJs/INFPs weren't capable of being confident! :)

Maybe the average ISFP appears more confident, I'm not sure.

Just wanted to make sure you didn't think INFJs/INFPs weren't capable of being confident! :)

Oh my apologies for any confusion caused! I was talking myself personally as an INFJ - I've compared my own confidence level to the ISFP type and it's nothing compared to it! For example, at work my confidence is shown through my work but I still doubt it but whilst at home I'm a little more confident in my work and ability, don't get me wrong I'm still hesitant and perfectionist but from reading the brief description for an ISFP, I got the impression they may be more confident vocally or with their work more so than myself as an INFJ.

Everyone is confident in different ways whether they're INFJ's or ISFP's etc. We all have our own criticisms in our heads and everyone has or have been through low confidence to a boost of confidence.

So I took the test again this morning. Twice. Yesterday's result was ISFP. Today's first test, after 1 cup of coffee was ISFJ, lol. At my 3rd cup of coffee the result was INFJ. I'm convinced personality is in the coffee ... I'm just not myself when I'm a quart low. :p
giphy.gif

I took this test again and this time I got ISFJ :neutral:

I'm going to go with the fact that the change in my environment and atmosphere plays a part in this!

I took this test again and this time I got ISFJ :neutral:

I'm going to go with the fact that the change in my environment and atmosphere plays a part in this!
I wonder if an INFJ goes into ISFJ cognitive mode while under stress or at times when choice isn't an option ?

Since I typed ISFP/ISFJ, and I have quite a bit going on irl now, I have to wonder if that change in intuition to sensing is a stress-loop or grip for us?

Hey Mr. @Ren ... what might your thoughts be regarding my ponderings above?

[tbh, I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts regarding INFJ's and stress response ??? Perhaps we should open a thread for all types to give feedback on how they approach stressful times ?]

I wonder if an INFJ goes into ISFJ cognitive mode while under stress or at times when choice isn't an option ?

Since I typed ISFP/ISFJ, and I have quite a bit going on irl now, I have to wonder if that change in intuition to sensing is a stress-loop or grip for us?

[tbh, I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts regarding INFJ's and stress response ??? Perhaps we should open a thread for all types to give feedback on how they approach stressful times ?]

So I compared the two and they both overlap a little but I'm definitely not ISFJ because there are a few traits that I disagree with - for instance one description that stuck out was ISFJ's stay in relationships till the bitter end and I never do that. If I'm not happy in any kind of relationship or something broke down the relationship I tend to just shut that person out.

It also said about working diligently which I don't in my line of work and tend to be quite distracted, tired and overwhelmed but this was in the office and I work in an open office so no privacy at all. At home, I think because I'm less tired, I'm on my own and not surrounded by people talking over me or around me etc I'm able to work much better and have been a lot more productive.

But I also think that at home I'm not as intuitive as I am outside of my home and this may be due to the fact that I'm living with people who know me really well - aka my parents, siblings and husband. And rather than being intuitive I'm more sensing right now even though the two kinda overlap - it may be due to an element of trust in my household, it's my safe haven I guess. Whereas when I'm outside my intuition kicks in immediately.

Is it possible to be one at home and another outside? Like ISFJ at home and INFJ outside of home. I don't feel stressed but I am worrying a lot more due to many reasons but it's not take over me as such.

Maybe I'm an insfj :tearsofjoy:

Well, I posted a couple of months ago about being puzzled at getting ISFJ too - I've always got INFJ in the past. At the time I was working from home due to lockdown and extra stressed and maybe this was my response to stress. Away from work and responsibilities I'm much more intuitive. The description of ISFJ doesn't even fit me that well.

I'm thinking we may be on to something here. For me, I tend to be similar too when I'm relaxed at home and around people I have trust for, and more alert and intuitive/instinctual while out in the world more.
it may be due to an element of trust in my household, it's my safe haven I guess.
Agree.
Is it possible to be one at home and another outside?
Yes, I believe so. Back when I worked corporate every day they sent me to a workshop about working better with others. Not that I was a gangster at work or anything, but I thought it odd that I felt like I was being punished because I had a conflict with almost every person in the group at one time or another on the job, lol.

In the group I came to understand that when I was in Commander/Director mode others saw me as quite authoritative and bossy. Seems when I'm responsible for the successful outcome of a goal I morph into an ENTJ with a no-nonsense approach. Translated in group dynamics as: if a person assigned to a task isn't producing towards the end goal I have no qualms about replacing them with someone who can and either reassigning them or dismissing them from the project. It's a solid trait for a middle-weight boss, lol, yet, at that job the higher ups even found me intimidating. smh.

I have had to reevaluate those traits in all my relationships though because I found out that I'm consistent with that alter mindset regardless of situation. It's not won me many friends, but the INFJ core attributes leaves me feeling conflicted between not caring and suffering a loss:unhappy:. Quite the paradox we are.

Maybe I'm an insfj :tearsofjoy:
;) may be the ambiversion solution.

At the time I was working from home due to lockdown and extra stressed and maybe this was my response to stress. Away from work and responsibilities I'm much more intuitive.
Yes, that's basically what i was getting at with my question. ;)
Has this subsided fir you now since the country seems to be moving along more now?
The lockdown for me really didn't change my routine other than the interactive restrictions.

Has this subsided fir you now since the country seems to be moving along more now?
The lockdown for me really didn't change my routine other than the interactive restrictions.

Still working from home mostly but getting used to it by now and I switch off from work more easily. I don't think my personality at work is much different, except when I'm stressed.

I'm thinking we may be on to something here. For me, I tend to be similar too when I'm relaxed at home and around people I have trust for, and more alert and intuitive/instinctual while out in the world more.

Agree.

Yes, I believe so. Back when I worked corporate every day they sent me to a workshop about working better with others. Not that I was a gangster at work or anything, but I thought it odd that I felt like I was being punished because I had a conflict with almost every person in the group at one time or another on the job, lol.

In the group I came to understand that when I was in Commander/Director mode others saw me as quite authoritative and bossy. Seems when I'm responsible for the successful outcome of a goal I morph into an ENTJ with a no-nonsense approach. Translated in group dynamics as: if a person assigned to a task isn't producing towards the end goal I have no qualms about replacing them with someone who can and either reassigning them or dismissing them from the project. It's a solid trait for a middle-weight boss, lol, yet, at that job the higher ups even found me intimidating. smh.

I have had to reevaluate those traits in all my relationships though because I found out that I'm consistent with that alter mindset regardless of situation. It's not won me many friends, but the INFJ core attributes leaves me feeling conflicted between not caring and suffering a loss:unhappy:. Quite the paradox we are.

;) may be the ambiversion solution.

I did more thinking on this.

Maybe subconsciously I'm stressed with work because I want to ensure I'm doing my work, doing it properly and I meet my targets because I'm not in the work environment I don't want my manager to think I'm slacking so there is that kind of stress at the back of mind because I'm not stressing outrightly if that makes sense.

I forgot to mention that sometimes I'm an INFP which I can understand, so it's surprised me to be an ISFJ and ISFP for the first time. I think that it may be due to working from home for sure, I've somewhat let go of my inhibitions and intuitions only apply when I'm dealing with clients - for example I can tell if I'll be dealing with someone difficult or challenging from the words they use or how they come across in their correspondence. I think I'll be an INSFJP :D

I think I become and ENFJ when I'm in comfortable surroundings and know exactly what I'm doing. There are the odd occasion where my confidence really comes out and I'm able to address a large group of people but it's rare for me to myself in the spotlight. Surprisingly if I really have to be in the spotlight for a purpose I'll do it now whereas before I'd most likely swear buckets, legs turn to jelly and pass out lol. Maybe as I get older my views change according to my most recent experiences?

This has really got me thinking. Although can INFJ's 'morph' into other types when necessary? Even subconsciously?

This has really got me thinking. Although can INFJ's 'morph' into other types when necessary? Even subconsciously?

Everyone experiences some level of "type fluidity" but if/when you examine yourself from an unbiased perspective and obtain a wider scope of your personal behavioral trends, you can probably make a more comfortable assertion about your type.

Or you can just roll with the idea that type is fluid and meaningless and you can just be whatever you choose to be, essentially.

I can "be" estp if I try really hard, but being infj is what I am in an unencumbered state, generally.

What is your default mode, is the question to ask yourself.

Everyone experiences some level of "type fluidity" but if/when you examine yourself from an unbiased perspective and obtain a wider scope of your personal behavioral trends, you can probably make a more comfortable assertion about your type.

Or you can just roll with the idea that type is fluid and meaningless and you can just be whatever you choose to be, essentially.

I can "be" estp if I try really hard, but being infj is what I am in an unencumbered state, generally.

That makes sense. Yes, my default mode is INFJ.

This is something I'll have to look into. I believe it varies depending on my environment and when certain events happen so my persona changes and adapts to whatever the current situation is.

My default mode is INFJ because the other types don't fit me generally speaking and I've taken these tests at various points in my life just out of curiosity and more often than not it's INFJ.

Reactions: Wyote and flower