What's Your Personality Type? | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

What's Your Personality Type?

So, for fun, I took some online tests. These are some results:

Mystics love experiencing first-hand the blissful Union of Divinity. As you resonate the most with the Mystic archetype, you will be drawn towards transcending the ego and melting the boundaries between “you” and Infinite Consciousness. As a deeply sensitive, intuitive, and perceptive person, you have always sensed that there is something “beyond” the ordinary. Therefore, the pursuit of earthly pleasures such as fame, status, and riches has never appealed to you to the same extent as it does to others.

As a Mystic, you yearn for wisdom, love, and the ultimate freedom that comes from merging with your True Nature. You are devoted to exploring the Mystery that is life and inviting the presence of the Divine into your everyday life. To you, the ultimate achievement in life is the unio mystica, the spiritual marriage between the self and the Soul.

Shadow Side:

The dark side of the Mystic temperament can manifest as a selfish hoarding of hidden truths, egocentrism – especially if mystical experiences are used to inflate the ego and make it more “special,” and intellectual dryness – particularly if the search for truth doesn’t include cultivating a Heart connection. When not grounded in the necessary function of logic, Mystics can become impulsive, fickle, and flaky. Also, when not properly grounded, the Mystic temperament can also lose touch with reality.

Strengths:

These strengths are developed when you’re open, aware, and internally balanced.

Sensitive
Perceptive
Intuitive
Wise
Receptive
Open-minded
Loving

Weaknesses:

These weaknesses arise when you become unmindful, imbalanced, and spiritually stagnant.

Egotistical
Ungrounded
Dry
Impulsive
Airy-fairy

Spiritual Purpose: Transcending the ego and uniting with the Divine.

Existential Fear: Being completely isolated from the Divine in the mundaneness and emptiness of daily life.

Lesson to Learn: Spiritual experiences must be emotionally, psychologically, and physically integrated into daily life for real growth to occur. The heart and mind must be balanced. There is no true separation between “you” and God/Divine.

Mystic’s Totem: Snake; shedding skin as a constant rebirth and transformation.

Mystic’s Crystal: Labradorite; assists in moving into alternate levels of consciousness and vibration, helping one to consciously 'move between the worlds.'

Mystic’s Herb: Elderberry; elder tree has a long history connected to ancient mysticism, the spirit of this tree was known as “Elder Mother” for its powerful transformative energy.

Mystics Mantra: There is no separation, I am One with God.

Famous Mystics: Pythagoras, Helena Blavatsky, Joseph Campbell, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Eckhart Tolle, Thomas Merton, Alan Watts.

Mystics in Fiction: Eriq Ebouaney (Lumumba), The Seventh Seal, David Lee Smith (The Man from Earth), Bruno Ganz (Wings of Desire), Dôgen (Zen), G.I. Gurdjieff (Meetings with Remarkable Men).

You're a very visual person with an extremely vivid and active imagination. You find it easy to visualize things in your mind's eye, sort of like a movie, and even have meaningful or prophetic dreams. As a clairvoyant, the way that Spirit speaks to you is by sending you mental pictures. You may find yourself playing out the same scenes or seeing the same symbols in your mind over and over until you understand the message or randomly see an angel in your mind's eye at times. Don't ignore your visions and instead embrace them.
Spiritual Archetype: The Visionary, Artist

Your primary spiritual gift is Creativity. You are a person who values beauty, originality, and imagination. At heart, you're artistic and visionary. You are the kind of person who can easily think “outside of the box” and create masterpieces that speak to people’s souls. This makes your spiritual gift extremely valuable and sought-after. Use the gift of Creativity to guide your life decisions, and you will always make the wisest choices. Congratulations!

Heart vs. head—in your case, there's no battle! The two work together to create a well-rounded blend of kindness, fortitude, and rational thought. You are everybody's go to person when they need advice, or just need to be loved. Kudos to you for the balance you bring to any situation!!

You're 0% Normal! You are not normal at all! You do things your own way. You have your own idea of how your life should be, and it doesn't conform to society's expectations. That's awesome! Your life must be so much fun. Not caring what other people think about you is one of your best qualities. You are truly unique

94% - WOW! You Have A 160+ IQ!! WE'RE IMPRESSED! Congrats on the perfect score! You must have an extremely high IQ, because you breezed through this quiz without any bumps. You have a keen eye and a sharp mind, for sure. You could spot these objects a mile away! WAY TO GO!

I'm supposed to believe all this?

Reactions: QuirkyLemonFlower
You're 0% Normal! You are not normal at all! You do things your own way. You have your own idea of how your life should be, and it doesn't conform to society's expectations. That's awesome! Your life must be so much fun. Not caring what other people think about you is one of your best qualities. You are truly unique

I'm supposed to believe all this?

I tried to read everything you posted was bit long but agree re being mystic - it's an INFJ thing for sure.

Anyway I don't like the above statement - 'you're not normal' has such negative meaning to it. There's no such thing as normal, someone's normal could be another person's abnormal and vice verse. This statement makes me realise why so many people suffer because they want to feel 'normal' when they're perfectly fine and normal.

Thanks for having the patience to read everything.
It's just the results of some online tests.
I agree with you that "normal" could be a problem for a lot of people. Fortunately, it's different for me.
I am even proud to be different. For many years I had to endure the teasing because of my height (1.9m). But I enjoyed being taller.
The mass of normal people can so easily be drawn into bad habits or opinions.
My colleagues often proudly tell me that they got drunk again on the weekend. Everyone looks up at the narrator and thinks, "I'd love to be that drunk again."
(While I'm happy to be sane...)
Sure, as a young person you want and need to belong to some group.
And it is also a protection for the preservation of the species.:wink:

Thanks for having the patience to read everything.
It's just the results of some online tests.
I agree with you that "normal" could be a problem for a lot of people. Fortunately, it's different for me.
I am even proud to be different. For many years I had to endure the teasing because of my height (1.9m). But I enjoyed being taller.
The mass of normal people can so easily be drawn into bad habits or opinions.
My colleagues often proudly tell me that they got drunk again on the weekend. Everyone looks up at the narrator and thinks, "I'd love to be that drunk again."
(While I'm happy to be sane...)
Sure, as a young person you want and need to belong to some group.
And it is also a protection for the preservation of the species.:wink:

I'm not sure I agree with being 'normal' a person will be protected for the preservation of the species. Don't get me wrong, you being proud of being different is great and I'm sorry you had to endure the teasing for your height.

But I think the things that are shoved in our faces, such as consumerism for example, having the latest phone, if a person doesn't have the latest phone it's seen as being behind or if you're a young person, you feel left out because you don't have the latest phone. And why?! All because of how they're advertised and made appealing to the general public. But really you don't need the latest phone as nowadays most phone if looked after properly last a couple of years or longer and they all have access to all the apps you need. And it's things like this that throw people into the deep end. A lot of mental health is affected by things like this - people are more and more insecure due to what they see online. No one appreciates someone as an individual.

Social media is to blame too what we see online, on TV or the ads on the buses - it's large corporate companies obviously making money but if we pull ourselves away from all of that I think people would appreciate someone's individuality rather than being shunned but unfortunately it's easier said than done.

Rather than observing and assessing someone's character, actions and intentions, people judge people on what they see rather than what they know.

(Btw I'm tiny next to you!:tonguewink:)

Reactions: flower and mintoots
INTJ Strategist.

I'm not sure I agree with being 'normal' a person will be protected for the preservation of the species.

There will be many different instincts that are addressed by the advertisement. And maybe the managers don't even know why it works. I came up with an example of the shepherd. He uses dogs to keep his sheep together. The first shepherd of mankind who had dogs will not have known yet that he uses the instincts of the dogs and the sheep. He probably thought that the sheep understand the language of the dogs and do what they say. A child of man has a certain idea of what a healthy person must look like. For example, he must not be disgusting, must be healthy, must have two ears and eyes, a mouth and a nose. And apart from that, everything else you need to produce healthy offspring and keep them alive.
The fact that people always want new telephones, new cars, new wallpaper in their homes will also be an expression of their instincts. One has such anticipation for the new product. It's like falling in love over and over again. The instinct to improve something. If you have beautiful artificial flowers or other things in your home, these things will become invisible after a few weeks. They merge with the environment and we need something new to realize that we are alive.
People who have grown beyond these instincts are seen as abnormal. A person who owns and would use only two pairs of socks and only clothes for two weeks, (which are always clean and hygienic) is considered abnormal. No woman wants to marry such a man. Although this man acts logically and environmentally consciously.
Everything that is exaggerated is unhealthy. Whether it's buying useless telephones, or stuffing them full of food, or watching brutal movies.
Just where is the line? Only a person who lives consciously and awake can recognize it for himself and others. That is why we introverts are so important for this world. We think enough about our own actions and the actions of others to make meaningful decisions.

Reactions: QuirkyLemonFlower
There will be many different instincts that are addressed by the advertisement. And maybe the managers don't even know why it works. I came up with an example of the shepherd. He uses dogs to keep his sheep together. The first shepherd of mankind who had dogs will not have known yet that he uses the instincts of the dogs and the sheep. He probably thought that the sheep understand the language of the dogs and do what they say. A child of man has a certain idea of what a healthy person must look like. For example, he must not be disgusting, must be healthy, must have two ears and eyes, a mouth and a nose. And apart from that, everything else you need to produce healthy offspring and keep them alive.
The fact that people always want new telephones, new cars, new wallpaper in their homes will also be an expression of their instincts. One has such anticipation for the new product. It's like falling in love over and over again. The instinct to improve something. If you have beautiful artificial flowers or other things in your home, these things will become invisible after a few weeks. They merge with the environment and we need something new to realize that we are alive.
People who have grown beyond these instincts are seen as abnormal. A person who owns and would use only two pairs of socks and only clothes for two weeks, (which are always clean and hygienic) is considered abnormal. No woman wants to marry such a man. Although this man acts logically and environmentally consciously.
Everything that is exaggerated is unhealthy. Whether it's buying useless telephones, or stuffing them full of food, or watching brutal movies.
Just where is the line? Only a person who lives consciously and awake can recognize it for himself and others. That is why we introverts are so important for this world. We think enough about our own actions and the actions of others to make meaningful decisions.

I agree with what you have said, you're right but I also think materialism has gotten out of control in this day and age. I mean the number of people who get bullied or outcasted for being different than the 'norm' is ridiculous. As long as they are healthy, doing what they need to do to survive, not doing anything that's considered a crime - then we shouldn't worry about what the person has.

Also I've met many men (and women) who live a simplistic life, as long as they have the necessary needs and I know many people find that appealing. Maybe because of the consumerism being shoved in our faces, who knows but I don't think all women would brush off a man who owns a few pair of clothing for logical or environmental reasons.

Reactions: flower
One more thing has occurred to me.
Not so long ago, mentally and physically handicapped people were hidden.
Or shown in the circus.
Or mothers killed their newborn child to avoid the shame.
Nowadays they kill the unborn children, but at least the living handicapped people get more positive attention than in the past.