What vocal part are you?

Stella

Community Member
Sep 19, 2010
MBTI
ENTJ
Enneagram
8W9
I like to sing, and maybe more of you do too! Just wondering, what vocal part do you sing?

Proud Alto 2 here!

Moderator/Admin: If there is a more proper forum to post this on, please move it for me :)

I am technically a mezzo soprano, but I currently sing alto 1 in my choir. Low notes are fun ^^

*i got a new mike today*

first alto

(I haven't really sung since high school, though.)

from what I hear I'm a base...... don't read to much into that I have no vocal talent what so ever

Contralto.

My piano instructor tried to talk me into pursuing voice, but I wasn't very much into music in high school. I was taking piano because my parents forced me to do it from a young age and I was too far along to quit without finishing.

Last edited:
I am a mezzo soprano. My husband is one of the rarer types; contratenor, sometimes known as countertenor. It's essentially a male 1st alto or sometimes even mezzo soprano.

Reactions: jyrffw54
Being a contratenor would be fantastic if I could actually keep on tune or on key. Sometimes I wonder if my vocal part is crow.

alto

from what I hear I'm a base...... don't read to much into that I have no vocal talent what so ever

Damn, and I'm an acid. So if we sang in the same room, would, like, our voices neutralize each other?

-----------------------

Baritone I think? NO IDEA. Ask SOTL. Prolly like rly low tenor, which is Baritone. I don't know the truth anymore :( :m119:

Last edited:
Reactions: jyrffw54
Damn, and I'm an acid.

-----------------------

Baritone I think? NO IDEA. Ask SOTL. Prolly like rly low tenor, which is Baritone. I don't know the truth anymore :( :m119:
I would say that you are a Tenor 2/Bartitone mix

Not a bass though

WHATCHU SAYING? U CALLING ME A WOMEN? Y I OTTA

Yes you are a Voman!

Hahahahaha

I am a Full Lyric Soprano who may still grow into either a Dramatic Soprano or a Spinto Soprano. There isn't a huge difference between the three. It's a small matter of tone quality and range. It has also been speculated that I may till grow into a Mezzo, but I am doubting that more and more due to the quality of my upper range.

In a choral setting I have mostly sung Soprano I, but Directors have been known to bounce me around on occasion as I am capable of singing any of the female parts.

I've got a three octave range. E3 to E6. what about everyone else?

I can sing from C an octave below middle C to a C above the treble clef (I guess that's 3 octaves lol)

Yup. C3 to C6. Three octaves.

Baritone. But I never learned how to properly sing, so I usually fall into a falsetto. :p I'm up for learning, though! :D

Erm...I havn't got a clue, but i'd like to find out, I really suck at singing thow, any links for free singing lessons will be gratefully recieved!

I can sing *comfortably* from C3 to E6, and a little less comfortably lower or higher than that. So I have a little more than three octaves. My voice is at its most powerful in mezzo soprano range, however.