What vocal part are you? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

What vocal part are you?

I'm primarily a baritone. Those are my cleanest and smoothest notes. I do, however, enjoy singing Tenor at times. My friend and I joke around with our falsetto on almost every song we sing. I think the soprano's are tired of us singing their part, by now. XD

Retested my range. C3 - F6. :D Must be a good day I rarely have the F.

Somewhere between Tenor and Baritone. My low notes seem way to forced for me to be a bass and I can sing fairly high (even before I hit falsetto).

With further study, and reviewing the video, I sing from F3 to about C5-F5 ish

My range is B2 to A5, so really, I'm a go anywhere girl, but I'm most comfortable nice and low.
However, I started as a soprano, went to alto and now I've gone up to mezzo sop again, so...
Growing girl, growing voice!
I'm an alto in choir, but I can sing the mezzo sop/belt solos, which are good fun.
Altos are the most fun to sing in the choir, anyway!
Rock on altos!!!

By the way, does anyone have any tips for gaining confidence while singing?
I can sing on my own, in front of my friends, in front of my family, and most recently I had a breakthrough singing for my school music Heads and the singing instructor, but as soon as a mic. gets put in my hand, my voice dies, and I completely blank on the words after a line.
Which really sucks.

My range is B2 to A5, so really, I'm a go anywhere girl, but I'm most comfortable nice and low.
However, I started as a soprano, went to alto and now I've gone up to mezzo sop again, so...
Growing girl, growing voice!
I'm an alto in choir, but I can sing the mezzo sop/belt solos, which are good fun.
Altos are the most fun to sing in the choir, anyway!
Rock on altos!!!

By the way, does anyone have any tips for gaining confidence while singing?
I can sing on my own, in front of my friends, in front of my family, and most recently I had a breakthrough singing for my school music Heads and the singing instructor, but as soon as a mic. gets put in my hand, my voice dies, and I completely blank on the words after a line.
Which really sucks.
My main tip would be just to relax and let go. Singing when your voice is in that free state will produce beautiful tone. When you are worried about cracking/breaking, you are actually more likely to do so than when you feel relaxed an in control of your voice. The best way to look at it is the way my choir director and high school did, "It's not like you'll get your birthday taken away if you mess up a solo/audition"

Rock on, fellow alto :)

Last I checked (2 years ago)
D3 - Eb6

Now? *shrug*
I'm not bothered enough to stop what I'm doing just to find out.

I'm most comfortable in mid-ranges and can sing quite high provided I can run up to it (I won't be very happy if you ask me to pull an A out of my ass). I can sing reasonably low. My low notes (and high) aren't as brilliant as the ones in my mid range.

I like singing baroque runs ;)

Last edited:
Tenor! Second tenor to be precise, perhaps my voice is light baryton?? But I sing tenor in barbershop(the guy singing with the squeaky voice:p)....

I like to sing, and maybe more of you do too! Just wondering, what vocal part do you sing?

Proud Alto 2 here!

Moderator/Admin: If there is a more proper forum to post this on, please move it for me :)

me too!! I love to sing. Go alto ;)

Hehe I used to be alto, then something terrible happened when I was thirteen....

I take singing lessons, however I don't really know what vocal part I am. I should ask... xD but I do love to sing to myself :) I love making up little tunes and beats... currently I'm singing Pie Jesu though :) and I love it <3

I take singing lessons, however I don't really know what vocal part I am. I should ask... xD but I do love to sing to myself :) I love making up little tunes and beats... currently I'm singing Pie Jesu though :) and I love it <3
hmmm, Rutter?

hmmm, Rutter?

My bets are on Webber. It seems to be the most common. I personally prefer the Faure.

G2-C5

cheers,
Ian

I'm a first soprano, but I can sing right down into notes that the tennors can sing. I just don't tell anyone otherwise they'd make me sing alto, which is boooooooring!

I don't think I'm any vocal part at all. I couldn't sing if my life depended on it.

I'm a first soprano, but I can sing right down into notes that the tennors can sing. I just don't tell anyone otherwise they'd make me sing alto, which is boooooooring!

I sing first soprano when in a choir setting and I have begged directors to let me sing alto. I have the notes and I have the ability to harmonize, but they always want to put me up top. I find the melody exceptionally boring and the first sopranos usually carry the melody with the occasional harmonized note or descant. I find that boring. Sure, high notes are fun, but they aren't THAT fun. I'd really prefer to sing alto to soprano. It's more of a challenge and it takes more of an ear most of the time.

I think my lowest note is something like a second octave e....but I can't remember. it could actually be lower, it's been a while since I've checked.

Actually, and this is my dirty little secret, but I feel happy enough to tell you all, I don't want to do it because the altos are never the stars of the show. The soloists are n ever selected from the altos, and if they are, it's because they need a real alto to sing them.

As someone who takes singing lessons twice a week, and a further musical theory lesson on top of that in order to keep on top of my skills and to hopefully pass 8th grade vocal exams at the end of this year, I really don't want to be pushed into the background just because I happen to be able to sing lower than most of the girls.

I realise it's a bit selfish, especially when the altos in the choir lack any seriously good music readers, but every time I think of it I hear their parts and I just shudder.
Also our conductor gives the altos a much harder time than the sops, so I'm really glad I'm not one of them. He has only one volume, and that's mf, and when he stands right in front of you yelling at you it's not pleasant.

His best line so far:

'if you don't like the conductor, you don't make a fuss about it, you leave the choir'.

When I move to Switzerland I'm joining a Jodlerclub, and I want to be an alto even less there, because they never get interesting parts, because they never get to yodel.