What types are your siblings? | INFJ Forum

What types are your siblings?

TinyBubbles

anarchist
Oct 27, 2009
MBTI
^.^
Enneagram
For those of you who have siblings, what are their MBTI types? Do you think their personalities have impacted yours?

For those without siblings, do you think that had an influence on who you are now?

There's only one that I'm sure of which is my ENFP sister. Most of my family is extraverted so I guess this has influenced my ISTP laid back attitude, as I'm happy for them to run around being loud with each other.

My brother is likely an ISTP.

I suppose it influenced me in some way, but it certainly impacted the way we engage with each other. We had a difficult childhood. When we were in the difficult environment, we were like prisoners-of-war together. We were close confidants. I valued his calm, his courage, and his kindness. When we were with my mom in our "safe" place, we were constantly bickering and grating on each other. He seemed to find pleasure in ratcheting up my neuroticism by refusing to engage with or react to my emotional upset, continuing to calmly toss little emotional agitators into the mix to see how upset he could eventually get me.

Now we have a good relationship, if a bit distant. We operate differently in the world and I note most distinctly the P/J and S/N difference, I suppose. He's into sports and bars. I'm into reading and the internet. I think he values my advice and insight, but he's selective in seeking it out, or revealing himself in vulnerability much at all.

One of my brothers is an INTJ, the other is narcissistic so no type applies to him. My sister is some kind of ESXX type and I'm no good at typing those people

My sister is tested as an INTJ and she could be a poster girl for INTJ. Her personality has a big impact on me, more so in the last few years since we weren't so close before. She can make me second guess some of my beliefs and I like that challenge. And it's so fun discussing law with her (she is a law grad student), I've learned a lot from her, and she is three years younger than me.

Oldest brother- ESFP.
Next to oldest brother- ISTJ.
Me- INFP.
Little sister- ENFP.

I'm not positive on any of these- this is just what I've observed and concluded. I think that my older brothers have influenced me greatly, which is probably why everyone here says I have a strong S. I'm the first N type in the family!

Twin sister - INTP (recent discovery she wasn't a J)
Older sister - ESTJ

Twin sister - definitely has an influence on me. I'm much more accommodating for her just because she argues her point til it gets old and absolutely will not change it unless I get seriously angry. I'm less laid back around her as she gives off a stressed vibe (being fair, she's taken biology as an A level). When we were younger, her more outgoing nature caused me to become more introverted.

Older sister - not much impact. She's lived away from home for about the last 5 or 6 years, so I didn't live with her for too long (about 12 years?). She's very controlling, but can only act like that in her house, so it barely affects me. She's very childlike in most respects, so we can talk about games a lot (but I get the feeling she finds my extreme introversion disturbing over the phone).

Eldest sister - ENFP
Eldest brother - ISTP
Second eldest sister - ENFJ
Third eldest sister - INTJ
Fourth eldest sister (twin of third eldest) - XNFP
First youngest brother - INFP
Second youngest brother - ISXP
Youngest sister - INFP
Youngest brother - ENFP

Last edited:
Eldest sister - ENFP
Eldest brother - ISTP
Second eldest sister - ENFJ
Third eldest sister - INTJ
Fourth eldest sister (twin of third eldest) - XNFP
First youngest brother - INFP
Second youngest brother - ISXP
Youngest sister - INFP
Youngest brother - ENFP

Jesus you have a big family.

For those of you who have siblings, what are their MBTI types? Do you think their personalities have impacted yours?

My big sister is ENFJ. My little sister is INFP/J. Not sure. We both test between P and J a lot.

and both definitely have impacted me.

My older sister gives and gives and gives so selflessly, so because of her, I try to extend help, but I've learned to not do it if I don't have the resources or energy.

My little sister spends lots of time in reflection and is idealistic in a lot of ways. Also very focused on goals. I don't have her idealism, but I do have the focus and when I want to do something, I will put tons of positive energy into it.

We all care deeply about the disadvantaged people of the world. My older sis has always been a caregiver of some type, my little sister is pursuing an MPH. I've decided to pursue a master's in psychology. ;)

ISTP older brother. I don't think he impacted my personality per se, but it was harder to be true to myself when he was around.

Last edited:
I am an only child.

However for 6 years of my life (from when I was 6 to 12 years old), my dad married someone with 7 kids. My parents divorced right before I turned 4, and I would visit my father on the weekends, and all of those kids lived there the whole time.

It has been a very long time as I have not seen them since. I have heard from them, but cut contact after I realised it would cause problems for me and later my dad if I reestablished a relationship. I could guess that one of them was an ESTP, and another ISFP (the two girls closest to my age). I don't say that with much confidance though. It was interesting in that the supposed ESTP and me would often cause the most trouble because we would tag team each other to get away with stuff; and we got damn good at it too.

Last edited:
My younger sister is INFP. (quite certain of this).

I have two younger brothers. My youngest is an INFP, and we get along very well--always have. My other brother (the middle child) is an ESFP, and we fought like cats and dogs for many years. We get along pretty well now, I have made peace with his questionable ways. He is a talented musician and born salesman. He is also a complusive liar, and bullshitter. Very narcassitic too. At least I know what to expect. Only two "E"'s in my family, him and my mom.

My brother tested as an ESTJ for awhile but I was always a little questioning of that.
He tries to come off as stoic and unemotional but have a couple of beers with him and he's walking around the party having a heart to heart with anyone who will talk to him. Or if someone else were in a bad spot emotionally, he's very empathetic and supportive.

He's very much feeling and people oriented, and always grappling for some sort of lesson in everything that he can use to be a better or wiser person. He's always got a life lesson to share, and not in a haughty way--he genuinely cares and wants to mentor anyone who will listen.

For example, We'll be in his car and he'll turn down a Guns N Roses or Metallica song to interpret the meaning of the lyrics for me, and how it is relevent to my life. LOL. He also comes up with these off the wall (yet brilliant) political/social analogies from the comic books he reads.

He's retaken the test and got ENFJ, as I suspected (but never told him.) So, I'm thinkin he's probably ENFJ.

His personality does hold influence with me. He's a year and a half younger, and yet I go to him for advice because he's one of the only people who is a sincere active listener and who doles out some pretty spot on advice (harsh or not!) The dynamic between us, he's said is that he is like Leonardo while I am Raphael from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Haha!

Last edited:
My sister took an MBTI test on facebook and registered as ISFJ, but I don't think it was all that accurate for her. She is definitely introverted, but is most ways less feeling than most girls. She seems pretty extremely P in some areas and J in others. I'm thinking MBTI is not very accurate for someone being treated for both OCD and bipolar depression. I think her natural type when we were children was INFJ, but that the medications meant to prevent manic episodes leave her essentially unable to use her intuition.

If my half brothers have ever taken such a test they have not told me. I don't know if they would have any real impact on my personality though, as they are much older, never lived with me, and are really more like uncles than brothers. Still, I think I'll venture to guess at their types. I suspect my eldest brother is an ESTJ. He is definitely the most J member of us, and not as intuitive as me. I'm not that confident that he is extroverted, but he is definitely not as introverted as the rest of my father's children. However, his personality is more like my father than the rest of us, so he could be an INTJ who just is not as strong in the I and N categories. I guess he could also be ENTJ, but he seems nothing like any ISTJ I know. (His (second) wife is probably an ISFP.) The younger of my half brothers is definitely introverted and perceiving. I'm inclined to say he is a fellow INTP, but but a less extreme one. He could also be ISTP. (While our personalities may be the most similar, we have very different tastes in women. I prefer INFJs with strong N and reasonably developed Ti. His wife seems very ESTJ. Both sister-in-laws are kindergarten teacher's like their mother, my dad's first wife, who I'd guess is an ISFJ.)

I have two half-sisters who are quite a bit younger. But, they are quite a bit younger than me, so I don't think they have influenced me that much. My oldest little sister is an ISFP. I always feel the need to protect / care for her. She wears her heart on her sleeve, and isn't able to filter her thoughts / feelings. If she's happy, she's bubbling and ecstatic... if she's not happy, everyone knows. :p She also is always in her own world and can't focus / remember to do what she's supposed to be doing.

I'm not sure what type my other sister is. She's quite emotionally capable / manipulative. She is popular, she always knows what to say to someone to make them like her. Perhaps some kind of ESFJ?

Last edited: