What type do you think you come across as? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What type do you think you come across as?

I probably come across as what I am.

I actually have no idea what people would say I come off as. I'm close to people in odd ways. Similar to slices of a cheesecake sampler, someone will get the chocolate slice, another person will get the cherry, etc. Only my husband has seen the entire sampler. So, if anyone knows what that's about, let me know. Sorry for the odd analogy but that's what came to mind... (Mmm....cheesecake).

That actually makes a lot of sense to me.

People at school think I'm extraverted, a thinker, and mad.

In other words, ENTP.

I actually have no idea what people would say I come off as. I'm close to people in odd ways. Similar to slices of a cheesecake sampler, someone will get the chocolate slice, another person will get the cherry, etc. Only my husband has seen the entire sampler. So, if anyone knows what that's about, let me know. Sorry for the odd analogy but that's what came to mind... (Mmm....cheesecake).

Yeah Zero Angel was saying a similar thing. I think this is the case with a lot of Introverts. Different people only get to see certain facets of our personality because we don't share a deep enough connection to most people to warrant that we divulge any more than we need to to get along.

Yeah Zero Angel was saying a similar thing. I think this is the case with a lot of Introverts. Different people only get to see certain facets of our personality because we don't share a deep enough connection to most people to warrant that we divulge any more than we need to to get along.

Yeah, and that makes me sad. As I grow older, I feel I'm becoming more extroverted on a superficial level, mainly due to working in the corporate world and having the need to network and what not. That doesn't mean I don't have genuine feelings for people, but I won't ever act to make the relationship into more than just professional. I'm becoming more and more internalized. I think at some point, my family is going to find me in a little cottage in the middle of nowhere with no outside connections...
Just sitting there, reading books, meditating, and sipping on tea. Cultivating relationships are difficult and exhausting for me.

Amidst times of chaos in which I border on being out of a job, homeless or physically assaulted, I kick up the 'J' quite a bit. But it's not natural to me.

I resent structure and order, nothing makes me feel more stifled... though in "today's modern dog-eat-dog work a day world of scientists, diplomats, [and] Mc Salad Shakers" it is necessary to have a plan of action to avoid such things as homelessness etc.

It is illegal to be homeless and if I ever heard you were Id call the cops on you cause I like to follow the rules! grrrrr!

Oh I come across as enfp HARDCORE. I had two friends trying to argue me down that I was one. If you met me, I'm sure you'd think it too... but I'm starting to think a lot of infj girls hide behind a enfp mask.

ISTP, in IRL if you don't get to know me.

Hmmm... honestly it depends.

Around friends, and liked family members I "NF" hardcore. I ooze NFness. Sickening amounts of hugs and kisses and smiles and rainbows, lol. I'm a very huggy cutesy person when I'm around those I like, lol. I like being silly.

Around people I'm not acquainted with or those I don't like, some kind of ISxJ or...ugh...INTJ type.

Yeah, and that makes me sad. As I grow older, I feel I'm becoming more extroverted on a superficial level, mainly due to working in the corporate world and having the need to network and what not. That doesn't mean I don't have genuine feelings for people, but I won't ever act to make the relationship into more than just professional. I'm becoming more and more internalized. I think at some point, my family is going to find me in a little cottage in the middle of nowhere with no outside connections...
Just sitting there, reading books, meditating, and sipping on tea. Cultivating relationships are difficult and exhausting for me.
I actually went through one of these phases for about 2 years! There was much introspection, writing, listening to loud music, acting crazy, there were moments of inner peace, happiness, and loneliness. You know when they say that a person 'lives in his head', well I very much did this but my living in my head was accompanied by activities which would attempt to link it to the real world -- things such as drawing and writing, modding a game, web design, graphics design. I had dozens of printouts on various topics, with my pens I would try to draw connections between various concepts. It was a period of time which held the highest reaches of inner peace and happiness and the lowest depths of loneliness and sadness.

I had to spend a great deal re-adapting to having people around, and I can't say that i'm fully adapted to this yet. So it's very tough to say whether the phase was worth it or not. Theres always a doubt that if I were to draw another into my bubble and live like this again -- whether or not they would accept it or not. And it is painful to think that nobody ever will.

I'm sure I come off as many things. I think I come off as INTJ a lot of the time as well as a sensing type occasionally.

I don't really know enough about the differences between the types to answer though.

I had to spend a great deal re-adapting to having people around, and I can't say that i'm fully adapted to this yet. So it's very tough to say whether the phase was worth it or not. Theres always a doubt that if I were to draw another into my bubble and live like this again -- whether or not they would accept it or not. And it is painful to think that nobody ever will.

I can relate and I'm re-adapting as well to an extent. I don't think I'll ever be a very social creature, I just honestly enjoy my own company. Even people I'm close to, I will literally say: "Hey, can you go away for a while? I really need to be alone". At other times, I desperately want to be in contact. As selfish as it is, I'm at a point in my life (and have been for the last few years), where I need relationships to be on my own terms (aside from when I'm really needed). Some people accept that, and others don't. And for those who don't, I'm sure I come across very poorly. Also, I feel that friendships should come about naturally, and it's been a longggg time since I've been able to have a good flow of energy with someone outside of my immediate family, even when I try to be open. Sometimes I fear I've been shut out from other people for too long.

An IN-something, prolly INTP.